rankings bug

im317

Jerel is the #1 nation by NS with 1,928,672.88. oddly he is listed at #2 when you sort by strength. conversely Cuba has 1,831,764.03 NS and is listed at #1

https://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display.asp?Page=1&Order=DESC&Field=Strength

this might just be a display error, but deepening on how the +/-250 is done it could affect that too depending on what it checks for the rankings.

Edited by im317

9 hours ago, im317 said:

then why are the rankings on there nation pages correct?

On their nation pages they both say Ranked #1 of 3,193 Nations, so the game is seeing them as tied and the order of ranking is being decided by something else.

Could be that cuba got their first, it could be that cuba's nation is a tiny bit older or it could be something else. When senators tie in elections it is not clear how it picks who gets the last seat if there are 4 other people with more votes than them (it's not oldest nation or first to collect that many vote).

Edited by Galerion

in senate it is who has more NS. i dont see why we have an NS cap anymore. its not like it adds to the number of nations that can hit or be hit. removing it would clear this up without having any other effect. these are not the days of a 35k NS cap when it increased the number of nations that the capped nations could hit or be hit bye. now its just +/-250. and if anything the range that can be hit should be decreased both due to the dramatically smaller player base and the massively increased gap between the top nations and the low end of there declaration range. of course that is a subject for another thread, but fixing this can be done fairly easily.

11 hours ago, im317 said:

in senate it is who has more NS.

Fairly sure it isn't NS, I've witnessed a few tie situations in the past and I believe I've seen a tie where a lower NS got the seat because that was what I originally thought would decide it.

Edited by Galerion