A Harmless Recognition of Hostilities

Monster

flag1005.jpg

Harmless Recognition of Hostilities

Yesterday, August 29th , 2018 —a date which will live in infamy—the Mostly Harmless Alliance was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the New Polar Order,  Fark,  COBRA,and GATO.

The Mostly Harmless Alliance was at peace with those alliances, and, at the solicitation of Polaris was still in conversation with its government and its emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in space. Indeed, one hour after Polaris air squadrons had commenced bombing in the  Harmless island of Epicurianos, the GATO ambassador to the MHA and his colleague delivered to our secretary of state a formal reply to a Harmless message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hitchikers from Polaris makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the GATO government has deliberately sought to deceive the MHA by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Harmless Islands has caused severe damage to MHA naval and military forces. I regret to tell you that very many Hitchhiker lives have been lost. In addition, Harmless ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between  Epinephrine and New Siberia.

Yesterday the Polar government also launched as attack against Diet Cola of Nations.

Last night GATO forces attacked Amead.

Last night COBRA forces attacked Energy.

Last night Fark forces attacked the Ragtag.

And this morning the Fark attacked News Budsland.

XX, GATO and COBRA have, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Harmless area. The facts of yesterday and today speak for themselves. The people of the MHA have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our alliance.

As commander in chief of the Army and Navy I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense. But always will our whole alliance remember the character of the onslaught against us. . .

Edited by Monster

IIRC in the times preceding the Karma war, when I was in the (true) MHA, I had drafted a speech, intended for posting on this board, that paraphrased MLKJ's "I have a dream" speech. When I presented it to the MHA (government, general membership? I can't remember) the general feelings and statements were that my text wasn't bad, but that it wasn't recommended to make it public because of the resonance and importance of the original speech. We didn't want to risk offend anyone by exploiting that important speech for CN.

Just this, I wanted to share that ancient experience as I think that the coincidences and similarities are enough to make it strangely relevant in this thread.

27 minutes ago, Tevron said:

>attacks not one, not two, but three GATO & Polaris allies

>is surprised by defense of allies

How could our own allies attack us? This is absurd.

6 hours ago, jerdge said:

IIRC in the times preceding the Karma war, when I was in the (true) MHA, I had drafted a speech, intended for posting on this board, that paraphrased MLKJ's "I have a dream" speech. When I presented it to the MHA (government, general membership? I can't remember) the general feelings and statements were that my text wasn't bad, but that it wasn't recommended to make it public because of the resonance and importance of the original speech. We didn't want to risk offend anyone by exploiting that important speech for CN.

Just this, I wanted to share that ancient experience as I think that the coincidences and similarities are enough to make it strangely relevant in this thread.

IC: No clue what you're talking about. 

OOC: I don't really see it as different from a Downfall parody. I guess those could be interpreted as offensive, though. 

46 minutes ago, Monster said:

OOC: I don't really see it as different from a Downfall parody. I guess those could be interpreted as offensive, though. 

IC: of course.

OOC: I don't mind either way, the coincidences just made me remember that ancient (and rather irrelevant) stuff, apparently memory works by/is association. And I like to hear myself talking. And age... 👴

6 hours ago, Monster said:

IC: I told you this would happen if you continued down this path. You have brought all of this upon yourself and your mockery of an alliance.

OOC: To be honest most of us have actually been waiting for a war like this for quite some time.

So the OOC part of me has to thank you for this :)

Edited by jesbro

• 2 weeks later...