Blast from the past

GDICross

Hey everyone (or whoever is left)

Anyone around from circa 2009-2013? I miss the friends I made on this game way back when. Don't know why it popped into my head today. It seems as though my old alliance is no more (TPF) and the top nation is at 6000 strength which seems insanely low from what I remember it being. Hope everyone is good! 

Greetings.

I started in 2010 though I doubt we ever interacted. TPF did the whole 'disbandment permawar' thing against Pacifica which while not permanent was I believe the second longest conflict to have occurred to date. Also the top nation by strength is a technical tie at 1,000,000 NS between Cuba and Steeldor both of Doombird Doomcave, not sure how you're sorting nations to get 6000.

Yeah I was in TPF for most of my time on CN. I remember me and memoryproblems split off and created a protectorate but that didn't last due to inactivity. The whole NS thing is probably an error on my end, its been a while and the mechanics seem to have changed just enough to confuse me. That sucks to hear about TPF and Pacifica, I seem to remember being allied to them. Or maybe that was NPO (same thing?) 

11 minutes ago, GDICross said:

Yeah I was in TPF for most of my time on CN. I remember me and memoryproblems split off and created a protectorate but that didn't last due to inactivity. The whole NS thing is probably an error on my end, its been a while and the mechanics seem to have changed just enough to confuse me. That sucks to hear about TPF and Pacifica, I seem to remember being allied to them. Or maybe that was NPO (same thing?) 

Yeah, they were allied for a long time, but the treaty got cancelled, and NPO hit TPF preemptively (IIRC), TPF was understandably annoyed and so after that war ended they declared permawar on NPO.

9 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

Yeah, they were allied for a long time, but the treaty got cancelled, and NPO hit TPF preemptively (IIRC), TPF was understandably annoyed and so after that war ended they declared permawar on NPO.

Ah ok, definitely sounds like a political mess. Sad to see that the alliance has ended and TPF was disbanded. I remember fighting into bill lock multiple times on behalf of Pacifica. Its been like 5 years though, so things change a lot, understandably so. I wish I knew what happened to everyone though haha 

21 minutes ago, GDI Crossfire said:

Ah ok, definitely sounds like a political mess. Sad to see that the alliance has ended and TPF was disbanded. I remember fighting into bill lock multiple times on behalf of Pacifica. Its been like 5 years though, so things change a lot, understandably so. I wish I knew what happened to everyone though haha 

If you remember any names that could help in answering at least some of that wish.

The NPO-TPF relationship did not end well.

I think I remember you. I probably made fun of you, but I did that to a lot of people back then. Memoryproblems was in Invicta for a while, he went back to TPF eventually and I think he was still there for TPF's war-disbandment declaration.

Hailsatan, Judge X and deathcat are all long gone.

Brehon was emperor of NPO for a while. He's been gone for a while now though, possibly some of the current NPO guys might know where he went.

Sardonic has been gone for quite a while too.

TPF is down to four nations, and from the list it looks likely that the AA will collapse soon. https://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=15200

13 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

The NPO-TPF relationship did not end well.

I think I remember you. I probably made fun of you, but I did that to a lot of people back then. Memoryproblems was in Invicta for a while, he went back to TPF eventually and I think he was still there for TPF's war-disbandment declaration.

Hailsatan, Judge X and deathcat are all long gone.

Brehon was emperor of NPO for a while. He's been gone for a while now though, possibly some of the current NPO guys might know where he went.

Sardonic has been gone for quite a while too.

TPF is down to four nations, and from the list it looks likely that the AA will collapse soon. https://www.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=15200

I remember your name also. If you made fun of me, I'm sure it was warranted. Looking back at some of my posting, I'd make fun of me also. Sucks about TPF and NPO, I only remember fighting alongside them. Hailsatan is actually still active though, I found his nation. Sucks about everyone else, I have a lot of nostalgia from back then 

10 minutes ago, GDI Crossfire said:

I remember your name also. If you made fun of me, I'm sure it was warranted. Looking back at some of my posting, I'd make fun of me also. Sucks about TPF and NPO, I only remember fighting alongside them. Hailsatan is actually still active though, I found his nation. Sucks about everyone else, I have a lot of nostalgia from back then 

Nostalgia is the main thing that keeps people going around here these days.

I hope the information provided on Discord proved useful.

Hailsatan must have just kept his nation going. He disappeared from politics. 'Course I did that for years too 😎

Eh, warranted, unwarranted, didn't always matter. The game had too many people getting along in it for a proper wargame, so I tried to add some conflict where I could. More fun that way.

Hey GDI, I felt my ears ringing so here I am.

Basically the long and the short of it is that TPF & NPO didn't talk to each other for a while, NPO started signing treaties with alliances TPF didn't like, TPF started signing treaties with alliances NPO didn't like, and before you know it, NPO cancels the NPO-TPF treaty, and not long after pre-emptively attacks TPF. TPF negotiates peace, spends some time licking it's wounds, cancels all it's treaties, tells everybody who wants to keep playing the game to go elsewhere, and attacks NPO, most people left fought until they had nothing left and let their nations go inactive - that's what I did anyway.

deathcat had left the game about a year before that happened, I still hear from HailSatan from time to time, JudgeX wasn't very active near the end as I think he's incredibly busy. As for me, I'm just living the life, day by day here in paradise. I'm still connected to IRC most of the time - whether I'm here or not is a different story. (Coldfront became the Airlock and quickly went downhill, and at any rate nobody uses IRC anymore anyway.)

21 hours ago, memoryproblems said:

Hey GDI, I felt my ears ringing so here I am.

Basically the long and the short of it is that TPF & NPO didn't talk to each other for a while, NPO started signing treaties with alliances TPF didn't like, TPF started signing treaties with alliances NPO didn't like, and before you know it, NPO cancels the NPO-TPF treaty, and not long after pre-emptively attacks TPF. TPF negotiates peace, spends some time licking it's wounds, cancels all it's treaties, tells everybody who wants to keep playing the game to go elsewhere, and attacks NPO, most people left fought until they had nothing left and let their nations go inactive - that's what I did anyway.

deathcat had left the game about a year before that happened, I still hear from HailSatan from time to time, JudgeX wasn't very active near the end as I think he's incredibly busy. As for me, I'm just living the life, day by day here in paradise. I'm still connected to IRC most of the time - whether I'm here or not is a different story. (Coldfront became the Airlock and quickly went downhill, and at any rate nobody uses IRC anymore anyway.)

I made this thread just to summon you mp <3 I miss you 

On 8/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, Blackatron said:

On 8/28/2018 at 3:07 PM, GDI Crossfire said:

TPF started picking fights with other NPO allies (NSO, NG, AZTEC) about a year and a half before the treaty was cancelled.  On top of their government slowly going inactive, feeling they had veto power over NPO's FA, and consistently voicing support for wars against said NPO allies, TPF decided to sign an MD-level treaty with MI6.  It was common knowledge that MI6 and NPO were on bad terms with one another at the time and that there was likely to be a war between MI6 and NPO+allies.  So NPO felt justified cancelling the treaty, especially after its initial reactions to TPF's behavior were conciliatory (NPO cancelled its NSO treaty a year before it cancelled its treaty with TPF).

Otherwise your accounting is correct - NPO and allies hit TPF preemptively after declaring war on MI6.  And yes, it was a mess.

I remember you.   Welcome back.  Can not speak as to what went down between TPF and NPO as I was long away from the world but I do return to have my say on NPO attacking a long time ally.  Not something that went down well on Planet Bob and not something I would guess Pacifica was all that proud of.  It is however like many things ancient history. 

• 2 weeks later...