MHA Declaration of War

Monster

18 hours ago, Haflinger said:

At their peak, MHA ... helped found Argent 😎

Really, it started going downhill from there. Losing those people, a lot of talent went then. I still remember WCR trying to use Q against Argent.

I fought Sparta way back when. If you're going to claim that MHA was even less effective than they were, well, I guess I never fought MHA and Illuminati were worse than Sparta, so it's possible that there was another large alliance which was super-fantastic terrible, but it seems unlikely to me.

i want to say they lost something obscene like 100 members when they got hit in 2011/2012

1 hour ago, Neo Uruk said:

i want to say they lost something obscene like 100 members when they got hit in 2011/2012

That's true, that's been one of the bigger problems with many alliances though. I have only seen Polaris and Legion gain members during war times, but I haven't kept tons of track.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:32 PM, Haflinger said:

I fought Sparta way back when. If you're going to claim that MHA was even less effective than they were, well, I guess I never fought MHA and Illuminati were worse than Sparta, so it's possible that there was another large alliance which was super-fantastic terrible, but it seems unlikely to me.

I was with the MHA at the Härmlins times, we had a rather decent* military, not the best one but almost as good as you could get while being in a mass-recruiting alliance. For a laid back community it really wasn't bad, people were happy when we entered wars at their side. IIRC Sparta had a terrible reputation at the time, but I can't say whether it was deserved or not.

In my MHA times we had a couple of brawls with IRON (which for the record I think was a little more than slightly better prepared than us) and I think that some old fart there may also be able to confirm/deny what I am saying.

* Of course, I am talking of "rather decent" by 2009-2010 standards.

8 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

Sparta lost more nations than that during Grudge. Also, a huge number of nations who stayed in Sparta were run by rulers who ... err, didn't really spend much time ruling their nations.

4 hours ago, Haflinger said:

Sparta lost more nations than that during Grudge. Also, a huge number of nations who stayed in Sparta were run by rulers who ... err, didn't really spend much time ruling their nations.

my favorite part of that war was sparta committing to flip sides but going through with the losing war just because they had the reputation and wanted to prove they could take damage

then complaining they took too much damage and just staying with xx

They hit BAPS and Olympus, possibly the two worst alliances they could have hit. Not only were the two targets both high-quality fighting alliances, their allies were pretty much all people who had a huge grudge against Sparta for one reason or another. So everyone dogpiled them.