Notice to the New Pacific Order

The Zigur

35 minutes ago, The Zigur said:

You are trying so hard to convince me to delete my nation. It's not working. Staggering my nation delays me from hitting more NPO nations, but does not bring the hegemony one step closer to erasing me from existence. The celebrating of my death is premature.

For one, posting here is far more entertaining than trying to reroll keeping my head down. Second, there is literally no point in building a new nation when odds are it will be dragged into some war or another begun by hegemons or barbarians, even if my identity remains secret.

You folks are the cancer that has resulted in a massive nation ruler population decline. I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of killing off yet another active nation. 

You are an idiot who does not even try and think.  You do not have to reroll and keep you head down, you just do not have  to act like an idiot and keep doing stupid things.  You act like you are the only person who has fought against whatever the power of the day was.   I have been the hegemony and I have fought against it.   As has just about everybody that has been around for awhile.  And yet only you are hunted.  When I was a part of the League I attacked GOONS, NPO, NpO etc.. across the OWF non stop.  And when war came I fought them.  And yet when we formed COLD with all of 5 members I was never targeted by WUT and in fact they  welcomed us as allies leading to merger with TF! and the formation of  The Phoenix Federation.   When we joined the Unjust Path and fought a losing war, we were welcomed by former foes as allies.  Over time we would play a part in wars that destroyed IAA and rolled Polar including Grub and I trolling each other across OWF.  When I returned to Planet Bob I was welcomed invited to join alliances on every side of Karma and was welcomed into IAA.  And upon my latest's return I was welcomed into Polar.  Why?  Because when your enemy is competent and smart and worthy. you have respect for them.  You can fight for your side and not be an idiot. not be annoying and not be despised.   You can be on opposite sides and not be a pariah.  For admins sake man,  look at yourself.  The only thing people on Planet Bob unite on is being annoyed by you.  Would you not like to change that?  Do you enjoy the fantasy world you live in where you think you have any effect on anything?  Get a clue.  You do not have to be this person All it takes is for you face reality and start taking responsibility  for your actions.  

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, The Zigur said:

I mean, I won't deny that if I were in charge of Oculus, things would be remarkably more peaceful and just, but then again I am not sure I would last long in charge with so many warmongers in positions of power.

But yes, I generally dislike destructive wars and prefer to avoid them. From my perspective, the only legitimate purpose of war is to maintain the peace, not pursue casualties, or global domination, or whatever else floats your ego boat.

While that philosophy works and is true in the real World, this is fantasy land. The actual problem with Bob that caused the lack of nations sticking around isn't the lack of war, nor the amount of war. It's the lack of war on certain people. They have been allowed to grow, engaging on fronts on their own terms and becoming super massive. Does this mean they never did anything? No. It means they were never severely targeted, or not targeted often enough. It also means that the majority of people realize they'll never get to that size and leave after becoming tired.

Most alliances, and individuals never bothered to learn the mechanics, including yourself. Oh, sure, you pretend to emulate the greats like Vlad, and Ivan, and all the others who revolutionized the early World, and, you even got your grubby little hands on philosophical texts, simply so you could have even the slightest chance of standing up to and debating with them, but, you didn't evolve beyond those years. 

You didn't bother to add onto their knowledge by further exploring the mechanics, and learning what truly works, and, what doesn't as the times change, like the rest of their actual pupils, and, you think that tactics that worked ten years ago against AA's who were, by today's standards, broke, still apply, and then, you act surprised when you constantly fail.

Your types have always blamed the Alliances at the top for your own failings, because you're envious of them being better than you, when in fact, it is your own inefficiency that has not allowed you to compete with them.

If it were true that Oculus is the downfall of Bob, then people wouldn't have been leaving the realm in droves during DH's reign, Bipolar, etc, etc.

You, like all of these people who pretend that the hegemonies of the time, aren't the only reason you even bother to wake up once in a while, are ridiculous. That, above anything, is the only justification that was ever needed to erase you from this World.

Edited by DeathAdder

There have been at least five pages added to this discussion since I awoke this morning, yet I have read none of them. This could be one of the hottest conversations of the year, yet I do not find it worth the effort to follow. Why any of you bother is beyond me. I find it hard to believe Junkalunka can be that fascinating. I've always found him to be more tiresome than anything else.

This really isn't about me, I am just a free speech advocate. People are trying too hard to try to tear down what they seem to perceive as some monolithic legend, when I am simply someone who speaks my mind on political issues. The more we can focus on these political issues and the inequalities between old and new nations, the less it will be about myself.

Now, for once the last two hegemonic posts are food for thought, and which is why I have paused to weigh the implications of their comments. I will not deny that I am very straightforward when it comes to being a judge of action and character. This has made more enemies than friends, because I don't care about people's feelings. I long ago learned how to set aside my feelings to achieve a higher goal, and I don't understand why so many people in power do not know how to do that.

Politics has devolved to a sort of tribalism, with people weighing policy decisions through the lens of benefiting friends, even foreigners, over the interests of alliance members. I absolutely rejected this political approach as Emperor... the loyalty of the state should be towards it's citizenry, not foreigners. At best, foreigners represent a necessary evil, they are usually not subject to the same cultural norms as are the civilized. At worst, they represent a corrupting and destructive influence. The fact that CN politics today are built on friendships between foreign leaders is repulsive and completely contrary to the principles of good governance.

Now, Deathadder did raise interesting points about some nations building vastly greater warchests and such than others. This is relevant to us all, as rogues have been a greatly destructive influence towards civilization. Of course, not many alliances can still be considered fully civilized today... indeed, most are now half-barbarian at best.

But when it comes to upper-tier mechanics... I am ignorant of them and have never had much of an interest, beyond the necessity of banking nations. Upper tiers vying for supremacy or whatever is basically irrelevant to what I care about. I don't know if I would fully concede to his worldview in that post, it's just not relevant to the interests of tech producers.

1 hour ago, The Zigur said:

This really isn't about me, I am just a free speech advocate. People are trying too hard to try to tear down what they seem to perceive as some monolithic legend, when I am simply someone who speaks my mind on political issues. The more we can focus on these political issues and the inequalities between old and new nations, the less it will be about myself.

Now, for once the last two hegemonic posts are food for thought, and which is why I have paused to weigh the implications of their comments. I will not deny that I am very straightforward when it comes to being a judge of action and character. This has made more enemies than friends, because I don't care about people's feelings. I long ago learned how to set aside my feelings to achieve a higher goal, and I don't understand why so many people in power do not know how to do that.

People are only tearing down nonsense, nothing more. While you claim you are merely predisposed to judging people by their words, you attack people based on how you feel about them, or, when they disagree with you. If you want threads to focus on you less, then you should probably make it a point to talk about yourself less. You can easily get a point of debate across without being condescending to everyone around you. That, in fact, is the best way to simply turn everyone against you and not give you the time of day, whether your arguments have points of validity or not.

Politics has devolved to a sort of tribalism, with people weighing policy decisions through the lens of benefiting friends, even foreigners, over the interests of alliance members. I absolutely rejected this political approach as Emperor... the loyalty of the state should be towards it's citizenry, not foreigners. At best, foreigners represent a necessary evil, they are usually not subject to the same cultural norms as are the civilized. At worst, they represent a corrupting and destructive influence. The fact that CN politics today are built on friendships between foreign leaders is repulsive and completely contrary to the principles of good governance.

The Hegemonies throughout the years have made lots of posts that are food for thought. While my alliance was on the front lines of DH aggression, there were several times when I found myself agreeing with either internal or foreign policy of MK, or other DH signatories. Those around me would vehemently shout it down, without even bothering to consider the implications or intentions of the post they were currently having an uproar against. This was a massive contributor in the downfall of Foreign Affairs, both from the opposite, and from the people who were working within, at some point, you question what the purpose of it is when no one actually wants to sit down and talk, and just !@#$@#$ get over themselves for a change.

It is always curious to me when I see members of the moralist side talk about this. In my experience, it is their side that tends to keep years-long grudges, and, only banding together with alliances that they perceive as friends. In large part, most of these alliances simply use each other for their own benefit, but, never for mutual benefit.

The "elite" or Hegemonic alliances, and those that tend to gravitate around the Hegemonic power spheres of the day are a lot more versatile. Indeed, in one post-war, they can transition to being mortal enemies, to being a benefit to one another, and, at least the external politics, if not both external and internal policies are ran more on the doctrine of Real Politick. While I do enjoy debating, I have kept a large distance, as often as possible, from the Politics of Bob. They really are just tedious headaches 99.9% of the time, and, have been ever since I rolled.

Now, Deathadder did raise interesting points about some nations building vastly greater warchests and such than others. This is relevant to us all, as rogues have been a greatly destructive influence towards civilization. Of course, not many alliances can still be considered fully civilized today... indeed, most are now half-barbarian at best.

Roguery takes many forms in today's World, and, isn't simply limited to the Roguery of ten, eight, or, even five years ago. More often than not, it is a grinding operation, yes, you end up losing more assets such as infra, etc, etc, than the rogues do, but, more often than not, it is still cheaper for the AA than the rogue, as, many of the people who go rogue have no idea how to conserve their WC, and, end up wasting equal to, or, exceeding more money than their enemy destroys.

On top of that, the recent years have seen the breaking of one of the most strict traditions on Bob; not starting Sanction wars.

This has resulted in countless nations losing income over 1-2 parties having a fit because they didn't get their way and they cause other people, not even related to their grievance, to lose out. This is easily one of the lowest forms of warfare that anyone can conduct, and is utterly an abuse of Senatorial position. Those positions are there for you to govern your team and benefit the whole of nations, they are NOT there to be used to spite your enemies and anyone else who happens to be on the goddamn team and gets caught in the middle.

But when it comes to upper-tier mechanics... I am ignorant of them and have never had much of an interest, beyond the necessity of banking nations. Upper tiers vying for supremacy or whatever is basically irrelevant to what I care about. I don't know if I would fully concede to his worldview in that post, it's just not relevant to the interests of tech producers.

This is a problem with most people, and, is, honestly, one of the biggest fallacies of thought in the entire [OOC]game[/OOC]. Of course the mechanics of how large nations operate are beneficial to the Procurers who sell to them. While this World has continued to devolve in intelligence, and, begin selling tech for increasingly more expensive prices, who has it really benefited? The sellers? A lot of them seem to have worse WC's now than when people were selling for 6/200, less people understand the concept of getting themselves to 3,999.99, and, very few have a grasp of their wonder cycle whatsoever.. People mock Pacifica and others for still keeping those ratios, but, we're the ones sitting at the top of the World, with the most efficient aid system, and, our newbs who procure properly have some of the largest WC's of any other nation in the [OOC]game[/OOC] at their size.

Upper tiers haven't actually vied for supremacy in years. The World has 'been dying' since before I rolled, and, only now is it really becoming noticeable to the point that no one really gives a damn anymore. 

Naturally, the reigning hegemony is being blamed for this, too, just like they get blamed for any other problem affecting all nations, but, the true problem is stagnation of the World itself and the mechanics within it.

Edited by DeathAdder

14 hours ago, bart416 said:

I'm still waiting for your IQ test results that you were boasting about. I scored in the mid 130s on Stanford-Binet when I was 19, how about you? 

Additionally, which baby recipe do you want?

No you see he just claims it, then admits he hasn't taken a test and says "LULZ IQ IS JUST A MEME"

As he does about anything he is ever challenged on.

10 hours ago, The Zigur said:

So because I was not actively on the front lines of every defensive conflict ever fought, I am somehow a hypocrite? Are you serious?

My job as Emperor was not to be world police, it was to create a safe haven for tech producers and their buyers, whether within ISX or aligned with us. I think I was remarkably successful despite political isolationism and a lack of treaties.

Normally when trying to prove someone a hypocrite, you identify actions contrary to the persons stated philosophy, but in this case you are trying to argue I am one because I'm not omniscient and all-powerful. Utterly ridiculous.

lack of treaties? 

You were treatied to Polar, you sold them tech and they funded your wars that you still could barely win. Until your mouth got it ended as usual.

3 hours ago, The Zigur said:

This has made more enemies than friends, because I don't care about people's feelings.

the guy who literally said he was a nice guy about 10 pages ago.

He shifts and twists and never stays consistent. I mean its painful to watch his mental gymnastics.

7 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

the guy who literally said he was a nice guy about 10 pages ago.

He shifts and twists and never stays consistent. I mean its painful to watch his mental gymnastics.

Has it occured to you, oh one of simple mind, that I am nice to people who comply with reason and logic, and have no patience for idiocy?

Edited by The Zigur

Has it occured to you, oh one of simple mind, that I am nice to people who comply with reason and logic, and have no patience for idiocy?

That would not occur to anybody who sees you defy reason and logic and spread idiocy with every post.  Your vision of reality in on one place and everybody is in another.   You would actually do more damage to NPO by being their biggest cheerleader because whatever you support the rest of the Planet goes the opposite way.

1 hour ago, The Big Bad said:

That would not occur to anybody who sees you defy reason and logic and spread idiocy with every post.  Your vision of reality in on one place and everybody is in another.   You would actually do more damage to NPO by being their biggest cheerleader because whatever you support the rest of the Planet goes the opposite way.

I highly doubt it impacts NPO in a strategic sense whether I am a supporter or critic. I simply see things that others sometimes don't, and I try to paint a vision with my words. In this situation, I am simply fighting for survival after being targeted. 

Too often we get caught up in the mind-numbing tasks of daily life, and we forget our ability to envision something grander. It is the ability to see past the mundane that drives us to achieve immortality while others die in body and in spirit.

4 hours ago, The Zigur said:

Has it occured to you that you claim to be nice, yet are mean to everyone and then claim that everyone are stupid and below you and not deserving your grace.

Nice people don't have exceptions, nice people are nice to everyone. Nice people are even nice to those who are rude to them.

I'm sure you've heard these.

Love thy enemy

If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

i can't live up to it, but I never claimed to be a nice wonderful person like you have.

2 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

Exactly, he is turning more people pro hegemony than i ever thought possible.... 

honestly he should get a medal from the orders

10 hours ago, The Zigur said:

I highly doubt it impacts NPO in a strategic sense whether I am a supporter or critic. I simply see things that others sometimes don't, and I try to paint a vision with my words. In this situation, I am simply fighting for survival after being targeted. 

Too often we get caught up in the mind-numbing tasks of daily life, and we forget our ability to envision something grander. It is the ability to see past the mundane that drives us to achieve immortality while others die in body and in spirit.

Promise to shut up and actually do it for a few weeks.

9 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

Exactly, he is turning more people pro hegemony than i ever thought possible.... 

honestly he should get a medal from the orders

Nah, the best he's going to get from our end is this:

+-----------------+
|     FAIL        |
+-----------------+

Notice how the "fail" is slightly off centre, it's an artistic liberty to accentuate the failure even further.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:57 AM, Avakael said:

Why did you blithering idiots give this guy 550+ replies to his hari kari thread?

Because there is nothing else going on in CN?

Love to hate junka as I do, we gotta admit without his drama queen tantrums, the last year or so would have been much more dead on OWF.