Tweaks to Awards

First of all, I would say that the changes we have had are good. But they can be better. And some of the weird idiosyncrasies that plagued TE before, still exist. Here is the list of this rounds Award structure, and my views on them. you can add what it is you think is good, and what doesn't really work in your view.

1 Peak Nation Strength.

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Peak Nation Strength record(the peak nation strength according to the award stats)

Is an Economy award, and a good one. Replaced "Top nation at the last minute" to good effect.

2 Most Government Bills.

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Government Bills record(the most government bills according to the award stats)

Is an Economy award, and not a very good one in my mind. Was able to win this a few times with a bad economy, just manipulating factors to make myself pay the highest possible bills. Replace with another Econ award I would think. Or a military Award even better.

3 Most Popular Nation.

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Popular Nation record (the most senate votes received in an election cycle according to the award stats)

Voting Award lol. Im not at all bothered, this is a democracy award. There are some that hate it. I am not among them ;)

4 Most Land

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Land record (the most land ever in the round according to the award stats)

Is an Economy award straight up. Not as hard as Peak Strength, but still requires very good Economy. And a WRC too.

5 Most Nuclear Missiles Launched.(this is irrespective of SDIs the way I read it)

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Nuclear Missile Launches record (the most nuke launches in the round according to the award stats)The two nations involved in the Most Destructive War on the awards screen (XP must be enabled)

Awesome, and about time! Reward the war mongers.

6 Most Destructive War

The two nations involved in the Most Destructive War on the awards screen (XP must be enabled)

Surely most of you know by now that this award is only won when nations "open themselves up" to take more damage, and it promotes collusion between opponents to bring up the damage score. It does not reward real warriors and all out fighting.

Rather Damage should be tracked over the whole round, and perhaps the 2 or even 3 nations who have pumped out the most damage over the round should be DAMAGE MAKERS WINNERS.

7 Most Soldiers Killed (AA Award)

The top two players by Most Attacking Casualties that finish Tournament Round 46 in the alliance that records the Most Soldiers Killed on the awards screen

Is good in principle, but "The top 2 players by most attacking casualties" is not a good qualifier. Rather it should be those that have killed the most soldiers (is this possible @admin

Why is this not a good qualifier? Because I can delete my Guerrilla Camps and lose many many soldiers. Which I do anyways to gain more casualties. And im 100 percent entitled to do that and lose many hundreds of thousand in loot.

8 Most Infrastructure Lost

The top two players by nation strength that finish Tournament Round 46 in the alliance that records the Most Infrastructure Destroyed award on the awards screen (infrastured destroyed is determined by infrastructure lost by alliance members during war, 10 member alliance minimum)

Any change is good hey lets try it. I am skeptical of "losing awards" as you can again open yourself up to damage. But this is cumulative over the round, so thats a good thing. You cant cripple yourself early and expect to get an advantage out of it. The trends weve seen over the rounds is the AA that destroys the most infra, usually is also there about in infra lost. maybe theres been a few exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 7:33 PM, StevieG said:

First of all, I would say that the changes we have had are good. But they can be better. And some of the weird idiosyncrasies that plagued TE before, still exist. Here is the list of this rounds Award structure, and my views on them. you can add what it is you think is good, and what doesn't really work in your view.

1 Peak Nation Strength.

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Peak Nation Strength record(the peak nation strength according to the award stats)

Is an Economy award, and a good one. Replaced "Top nation at the last minute" to good effect.

2 Most Government Bills.

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Government Bills record(the most government bills according to the award stats)

Is an Economy award, and not a very good one in my mind. Was able to win this a few times with a bad economy, just manipulating factors to make myself pay the highest possible bills. Replace with another Econ award I would think. Or a military Award even better.

3 Most Popular Nation.

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Popular Nation record (the most senate votes received in an election cycle according to the award stats)

Voting Award lol. Im not at all bothered, this is a democracy award. There are some that hate it. I am not among them ;)

4 Most Land

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Land record (the most land ever in the round according to the award stats)

Is an Economy award straight up. Not as hard as Peak Strength, but still requires very good Economy. And a WRC too.

5 Most Nuclear Missiles Launched.(this is irrespective of SDIs the way I read it)

The player that finishes Tournament Round 46 with the Most Nuclear Missile Launches record (the most nuke launches in the round according to the award stats)The two nations involved in the Most Destructive War on the awards screen (XP must be enabled)

Awesome, and about time! Reward the war mongers.

6 Most Destructive War

The two nations involved in the Most Destructive War on the awards screen (XP must be enabled)

Surely most of you know by now that this award is only won when nations "open themselves up" to take more damage, and it promotes collusion between opponents to bring up the damage score. It does not reward real warriors and all out fighting.

Rather Damage should be tracked over the whole round, and perhaps the 2 or even 3 nations who have pumped out the most damage over the round should be DAMAGE MAKERS WINNERS.

7 Most Soldiers Killed (AA Award)

The top two players by Most Attacking Casualties that finish Tournament Round 46 in the alliance that records the Most Soldiers Killed on the awards screen

Is good in principle, but "The top 2 players by most attacking casualties" is not a good qualifier. Rather it should be those that have killed the most soldiers (is this possible @admin

Why is this not a good qualifier? Because I can delete my Guerrilla Camps and lose many many soldiers. Which I do anyways to gain more casualties. And im 100 percent entitled to do that and lose many hundreds of thousand in loot.

8 Most Infrastructure Lost

The top two players by nation strength that finish Tournament Round 46 in the alliance that records the Most Infrastructure Destroyed award on the awards screen (infrastured destroyed is determined by infrastructure lost by alliance members during war, 10 member alliance minimum)

Any change is good hey lets try it. I am skeptical of "losing awards" as you can again open yourself up to damage. But this is cumulative over the round, so thats a good thing. You cant cripple yourself early and expect to get an advantage out of it. The trends weve seen over the rounds is the AA that destroys the most infra, usually is also there about in infra lost. maybe theres been a few exceptions.

Perhaps for #2, instead of most bills, maybe most money earned?

And I like your suggestion for #6. 

most money earned or most money spent. we have had those before. would prefer a war award similar to most nukes launched.

what about the "qualifiers" determining which 2 nations win the AA Awards? 

it's about time we got rid of the "top 2 nations at the last minute" system.

don't u think?

5 minutes ago, Brewersalliance said:

like they have to have been in the AA for X amount of days?  that would be a good idea

like get rid of the top 2 nation at the end qualifier. don't think it matters when they join the AA as long as the stat taken to determine which 2 nations from the winning AA, is a good one.

and in my opinion should relate to what the AA award is.

ie. for most soldiers killed AA award. reward the 2 nations who have killed the most enemy soldiers. if possible.

for most infra lost. reward the 2 nations who lost the most infra. (not sold infra. broken during war type thing)

I don't really know what can easily be done. but there s plenty of stats the game tracks which offer a far better award system.

we have gotten rid of the last minute individual award system which I think everyone knows is better. the same needs to be done for AA Awards