While you guys war.....

Horus Lytton

26 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

I can understand clinging to your principles. You do not think any alliance out there still represents your values that is active?

Funny enough, I actually did receive messages of support, although I didn't care about aid (bounced back on my own anyway). Life is Strange.

R&R apparently was worth something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Horus Lytton said:

That's not what happened.

6ae3b3fafd6f5de00e6487bc5150fe1f.jpg

I am one who advocated for the Casus Belli, lawful defensive warfare, and the defense of civilization. Over time, the great Aftermath civilization dwindled due to barbarian attacks, until finally the violent became supreme and we arrived where we are today.

Edited by The Zigur

2 hours ago, The Zigur said:

I am one who advocated for the Casus Belli, lawful defensive warfare, and the defense of civilization. Over time, the great Aftermath civilization dwindled due to barbarian attacks, until finally the violent became supreme and we arrived where we are today.

Which is not what happened here, but good try.

Horus, if what you said is true, and R&R really was still a legitimate alliance, then they would have created a new government, kicked DS and not disbanded. Because of the huge levels of inactivity and apathy, it's clear that DS made the right choice.

4 hours ago, Tevron said:

Horus, if what you said is true, and R&R really was still a legitimate alliance, then they would have created a new government, kicked DS and not disbanded. Because of the huge levels of inactivity and apathy, it's clear that DS made the right choice.

Because it was actually suggested in the first place things could have been changed, or that he could have rescinded (like I said I suggested), but it was met with an "f-you" from him. See, he didn't allow those options to be on the table with the faith that other people could have taken over. Instead, he decided to swing the axe, and quit anyway, along with people who followed.

So, how was that the "right" choice, given it was available in the first place, but refuses to implement it? He didn't give the alliance a chance and instead, as leader, decided the other course of action where many had followed.

I am familiar with the whole business of the leader deciding to close down the forums instead of just leaving and letting other people maybe run things. It never ends well, usually the alliance dies.

I think it's kind of funny that apparently shaneprice wound up as an inactive in R&R though.

Must be too long for me to remember. Strange. I can't say I can put my finger on it. I've been here for almost 9 years. Must have been before my time, because all the recent messages about him have nothing to do with R&R. You sure you're not thinking of someone else?

On 8/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, Haflinger said:

I am familiar with the whole business of the leader deciding to close down the forums instead of just leaving and letting other people maybe run things. It never ends well, usually the alliance dies.

I think it's kind of funny that apparently shaneprice wound up as an inactive in R&R though.

The forums of R&R had to be closed, they were exploited because the admin staff hadn't updated them recently, by ATG, who leaked some very worrisome discussions to the public. I feel like a lot of yall are talking out of your butts here. If R&R was truly active enough to persist, it would have, that's as simple as it is. There are even super inactive alliances that have been more lively than R&R since DS's last post. In this thread Horus has shown more activity than his entire supposed alliance in years, though it is entirely through the fallacious claim that it's all DS's fault that R&R disbanded, which it wasn't. Sure, it sucks if you lose your forums, but if that's what puts the nail in the coffin in a game that is largely not forum based for the majority of AAs, then I don't know what to tell you.

You know it’s funny that Horus wants to sit here and bad mouth me, after all this time....lol

The truth is, R&R had a helluva run. At the end, there was basically no Gov left. Everyone had gone inactive. I had asked for people to step up and get involved, and no one did, including Horus. The final nail in the coffin was ATG hacking the forums and deleting everything. 

But yea Horus, go around telling whatever cute little tale you’d like. Maybe if more people from R&R stepped up and helped out, you know, like yourself, we’d still be around. 

7 hours ago, Tevron said:

The forums of R&R had to be closed, they were exploited because the admin staff hadn't updated them recently, by ATG, who leaked some very worrisome discussions to the public. I feel like a lot of yall are talking out of your butts here. If R&R was truly active enough to persist, it would have, that's as simple as it is. There are even super inactive alliances that have been more lively than R&R since DS's last post. In this thread Horus has shown more activity than his entire supposed alliance in years, though it is entirely through the fallacious claim that it's all DS's fault that R&R disbanded, which it wasn't. Sure, it sucks if you lose your forums, but if that's what puts the nail in the coffin in a game that is largely not forum based for the majority of AAs, then I don't know what to tell you.

There was a DDoS attack only just prior to the complaint. Otherwise, the forum wouldn't have been up and running and the vote implemented. The DDoS probably was a factor in cutting lines of communication and breaking the cycle, but this was not the scope of DS's complaint.

(And to be perfectly honest, at the time, we weren't the only victims, I noted.)

7 hours ago, DemonSpawn said:

You know it’s funny that Horus wants to sit here and bad mouth me, after all this time....lol

The truth is, R&R had a helluva run. At the end, there was basically no Gov left. Everyone had gone inactive. I had asked for people to step up and get involved, and no one did, including Horus. The final nail in the coffin was ATG hacking the forums and deleting everything. 

But yea Horus, go around telling whatever cute little tale you’d like. Maybe if more people from R&R stepped up and helped out, you know, like yourself, we’d still be around

🙄 I simply told the truth, in my perspective. Not badmouthing.

You said you wanted people to step up. I encouraged that. I also said, you could have also stepped down where that may be necessary. That may entail dispatching a new government as a part of that. Somehow you refused to see to it, choosing to argue. It didn't have to mean the downfall of the alliance. Even at that suggestion, you were the one badmouthing me with that idea, later implementing a vote to disband, rather than a vote on new agreements to change the alliance. So, how in Bob did you expect people to step up after that? Did you completely lose faith in the alliance? It sure sounded like it.

You conveniently forced your hand with stepping down because of the disbandment, instead of just simply letting it be. It wasn't like that had to be your only option. That's when the chips fell. What you said then, and what you did are at odds with each other. I most resented that it makes you appear to be a hypocrite after I held you in high regard, more so than you realize.

A great leader would not have told people to jump ship. A great leader would not have just given up on the alliance. I had faith in the wisdom and power of the government I was loyal to in believing they knew the means to fix such problems. So much so, that was part of why I still use the AA. I don't pretend to speak for others, but apparently there is a special reason they still use the AA even today. Maybe I was lied to for believing that. Either way, I had no position in the gov, yet I cared enough to be involved in that conversation to brainstorm ways that can help, yet I was basically shut out, ultimately rejected. So, please don't tell me I didn't even try to step up. You (still) didn't try to listen.

Edited by Horus Lytton

Isn't there some sort of insane break in logic though, where you demand that your government do something for you while refusing to partake in it?

If DS was pretty much the only one and you were loyal to your government, then you should have been loyal to him XD

18 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Isn't there some sort of insane break in logic though, where you demand that your government do something for you while refusing to partake in it?

If DS was pretty much the only one and you were loyal to your government, then you should have been loyal to him XD

Actually, no one in the GA really demanded the government do anything. We dont ask that mich except to perform their duties satisfactorily, and they did. Hence no complaint on my side. So there wasn't any break in logic at that, as that didn't occur. Since it was DS's thread, he instigated the complaint, making demands for people to do stuff. I suggested a bunch of ways to solve it without losing the alliance. What did he have to show for it? Kills off the alliance.

The thing is, he asked people to step up, but when I suggested that if he stepped down and other people took over since he was clearly strained anyway, he expressed doubt rather than permitting it. He never stepped down until after deciding the alliance should end before letting that ever happen. How can a government run and function, if you kill off the body that put them there?

The thing is, he asked people to step up, but when I suggested that if he stepped down and other people took over since he was clearly strained anyway, he expressed doubt rather than permitting it. He never stepped down until after deciding the alliance should end before letting that ever happen. How can a government run and function, if you kill off the body that put them there?

Either people are willing to step up and run it or they aren't. In this situation, they weren't. You keep implying these other people existed, but they never did. If they did, they would have taken power or they would have stepped up. Since neither thing occurred and he (supposedly) unilaterally disbanded the AA with no new govt forming and deligitmizing his statement, it appears 100% that there was no one who was willing to run the show. Maybe you now have time in hindsight to have stepped up and done some !@#$, but you didn't and neither did anyone else.

Yeah, I'm not sure why he would turn over power to people not willing to step up before.

It has nothing to do with someone's quality as a leader if they disband the alliance. A leader that clings to a dead alliance is much worse than one that disbands it. Sometimes thing are well past their time and it's an issue with this game that people cling too much to old identities.