While you guys war.....

Horus Lytton

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, James Spanier said:

Is this an acknowledgement of RnR not having a protector? Is this also an attempted to convince people to attack a NoR ally?

Not that I care. But that's your prerogative.

7 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

I believe this sums it up.

Funny story. What actually happened was that the leader who posted this had a rant about being tired of hand holding, even though he was usually always voted president. I did suggest he could have rescinded, let other people have a try at it. Instead, he threatened to basically leave, ended up posting a vote, where more than 50% did vote to disband (and left anyway? :wacko:) even though the charter does require public alliance votes to be a majority 2/3rds, which it never reached before he shut the whole site down. We were always lax when it came to internal affairs (for as long as I've been in this alliance), and I never felt we were faltering. I guess someone got a little too salty and OCD about micromanagement.

1 hour ago, DeathAdder said:

Surprised it took this long for raids to begin.

I hadn't paid attention much to the affairs to Planet Bob, let alone raids to begin with. But I got the heads up from a failed spy report, and they decided to attack me anyway, on an active nation. I've taken a licking, a little rusty. But not my first rodeo. I've never seen the logic in having daily nukes launched, and sky attacks to change my DEFCON form 1, to 5, to 4, then 1 again, just for a tech raid. They were lower NS to begin with, so I have no idea if they even know what they're doing to begin with. Color me confused.

But as it so happens, apparently treaties are still in effect. Surprising.

That's all the commentary I could muster.

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2018 at 5:15 PM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Unless you're driving for recruitment and trying to grow again Horus you should really reconsider a new home to spare you from the raiders, or at least look into being someone's protectorate.

Weren't driving for recruitment at all.

3 hours ago, Horus Lytton said:

Weren't driving for recruitment at all.

Knights of Ni are a good bunch; I'm glad I joined & they'd welcome of more. Even we don't go out of our way to recruit much. Join us. Sure someone can get you an aid package and tech deals if you need.

Although when you're in a dead alliance, not much anyone can do. Good luck, others would be welcome to join as well. Although we're a Red Team alliance, but we could some more people to help fill some trade circles for a newer member.🍺

On 6/24/2018 at 9:42 PM, Horus Lytton said:

Not that I care. But that's your prerogative.

We were always lax when it came to internal affairs (for as long as I've been in this alliance), and I never felt we were faltering. 

That's where you're wrong. R&R had been dead for quite some time. It was the best move DemonSpawn could make given the inactivity rampant there. Its best days when it used to compete with the big boys recruitment wise had long passed and it was just keeping on for no reason.

Edited by Monster

12 hours ago, Monster said:

That's where you're wrong. R&R had been dead for quite some time. It was the best move DemonSpawn could make given the inactivity rampant there. Its best days when it used to compete with the big boys recruitment wise had long passed and it was just keeping on for no reason.

I've been a member of R&R for a LONG time, so never tell me I'm wrong. You have no idea what actually transpired.

As I explained to Franz, we have never had a charter that forced everyone do certain things. Participation was actually voluntary, by rule, when it comes to internal affairs. The one requisite mainly that was expected was participation in war in case it was needed, for ourselves and/or our allies. DemonSpawn was having trouble coming to terms with that concept for a long time, and was fed up himself with, and I quote, "hand holding". He was trying to micromanage while extending himself unreasonably.

Instead of just simply quitting himself, or recusing himself from taking the position again, he took it upon himself to start a vote, and people quit anyway thinking it was over. There was technically no 2/3rds GA vote. He went all the way to make that announcement after that, and the forum was effectively shut down.

That is what actually happened. I stuck with the AA because I believed in it's original values.

Edited by Horus Lytton

13 hours ago, Ethereum said:

Knights of Ni are a good bunch; I'm glad I joined & they'd welcome of more. Even we don't go out of our way to recruit much. Join us. Sure someone can get you an aid package and tech deals if you need.

Although when you're in a dead alliance, not much anyone can do. Good luck, others would be welcome to join as well. Although we're a Red Team alliance, but we could some more people to help fill some trade circles for a newer member.🍺

No, there's nothing much you can do as this ended over a month ago.