Declaration of War

6 hours ago, SirWilliam said:

Again, I don't speak for GATO or SLAP here but I will intimate that GATO and Kashmir more or less appear to be on the same page on a number of relevant matters:

1. The brown sphere is a free one provided you don't threaten the harmony of the sphere and the peace and prosperity of both our alliances and our allies'.
  2. We do not take kindly to sanctions we place being removed without our permission or at least the courtesy of dialogue on the matter.
  3. We do not take kindly to our members, the members of allies, or the members of friendly brown team alliances being sanctioned.

Ultimately, we will utilize whatever measures available to counter any nation(s) in violation of one or more of the above principles (such as Harry), particularly when so blatant and when following repeat instances. As well, we will utilize whatever measures available to remove support for those in violation of the above (which is why LSF finds itself a target), particularly when so blatant and when following repeat instances.

My apologies, GATO, should it appear that I'm hijacking this thread or that I'm speaking for you. Neither is my intent. I aim merely to outline the reasoning why Kashmir supports GATO here and why we ourselves have taken measures to neuter Harry and remove his support.

While I'm not FA or AC right now, the reasoning you've provided is pretty much our internal reasoning for this as well. For most of GATO's history, we've been very tolerant of how matters on the Brown sphere go as long as everyone gets along and nobody tries to explicitly interfere in our business, which does include placing sanctions when necessary or properly requested. Brown is not a place to make for political protests on that matter. Grey sphere is the place for escaping color sphere politics.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/06/2018 at 7:36 AM, The Zigur said:

If you don't want your government to be insulted, then don't appoint/elect petty low-IQ individuals like              to govt. I will continue to hold the stance he is an idiot based on the evidence of his actions. 

Surprise surprise, the same idiots are now prosecuting another stupid policy, possibly beginning a long-term war without resolution that could be devastating to their lower-tiers, depending on how motivated              is in defending their independent ideals on              team.

TLDR, forum is as crappy as it has ever been, thanks to the same crappy people ruining it.

GLHF to GATO & SLAP.

Edited by zombox

On 6/17/2018 at 12:29 AM, DragonsPhyre said:

Sir William stole my slot. :(

Thank you for forgiving him on this matter.  

On 6/17/2018 at 4:16 AM, Cataduanes said:

The LSF still exists? :o

They have nations on an AA.  Taking into account the lack of return fire in most of our cases, maybe they do not exist for all practical purposes.   Perhaps that is the reason GATO did not get any response to GATO’s reasonable attempts to work this out without resorting to military action.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:49 AM, SirWilliam said:

Sorry, friend, wasn't my intent. Harry's sanctioned me twice now, and shwampy's been an ardent supporter of his, so the compulsion for me to act was real. I made sure to stagger at least.

Understandable.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:54 AM, Keysariyt Hanssen said:

GATO being a part of a declaration of war. This world moves in truly mysterious ways. Have fun.

It is beautiful.  

On 6/18/2018 at 10:48 AM, Franz Ferdinand said:

With the exception of Bolivar and vladimir smolenkov, it seems that LSF are just soaking up the hits.

Yes.  Perhaps it is time for LSF to disband LSF.  Democracy needs activity to be effective,  especially when they want a direct one as opposed to a representative one.  Otherwise elect a leader who can deal with any issues such as their current situation.

Edited by White Chocolate

On 6/17/2018 at 11:49 AM, The Zigur said:

Caring about the truth and caring about other people are two separate things, but as you are a political opportunist I don't expect to see either trait from you.

As to the brown team, can you explain how Harry disrupted the "peace" of the team? 

>Polar demands sanctions against myself, a non-rogue.

>Yanwar removes sanctions

>Polar ceases to request sanctions

>GATO continues to sanction me

>GATO attacks Yanwar

>GATO starts the current war

So how exactly is Yanwar the one disrupting the peace?

He removed the sanctions, same reason Meth was hit. You don't remove sanctions put in place by another senator without discussing the issue with them. It's diplomacy 101.

On 6/17/2018 at 5:40 AM, Lucius Optimus said:

What's is Brown teams obsession with self righteous, megalomaniac, narcissists all about? 

They like continuously being rolled for backing undesirables that don't have a real alliance

This is why Senators should be chosen with care by multiple alliances within the color sphere, or, have a single Alliance running the Senatorial seats.

Good luck to our allies in GATO/SLAP! o/

Edited by DeathAdder

2 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

They like continuously being rolled for backing undesirables that don't have a real alliance

This is why Senators should be chosen with care by multiple alliances within the color sphere, or, have a single Alliance running the Senatorial seats.

Good luck to our allies in GATO/SLAP! o/

I miss how there was no drama on the red team. 

I'm uncertain why has SLAP been invited into the intra-brown. For what is Yohan acting off the sphere?

25% of LSF would be an alliance, but isn't it  you would rather hit all of his voters.

You already have the number.  I should not greatly admire the  extra allegiance. You should have taken LSF yourself.

Edited by OldSelf

3 hours ago, OldSelf said:

I'm uncertain why has SLAP been invited into the intra-brown. For what is Yohan acting off the sphere?

25% of LSF would be an alliance, but isn't it  you would rather hit all of his voters.

You already have the number.  I should not greatly admire the  extra allegiance. You should have taken LSF yourself.

SLAP probably was all like “yo C&G charter we’re coming in too.” ODN was all like “nah it interferes with our morning bingo and afternoon nap (lol old people)”  and TLR was unavailable for comments. 

Honestly LSF is inactive and that's why you didn't get a reply. I'm LSF's most active member and I'm not even in the alliance anymore. I could make a statement on the OWF that LSF won't vote for Harry anymore but I don't think it would do any good. If anyone wants to PM me about the situation maybe we can sort this out.

Edited by Wobblies

9 hours ago, Sir Kiloist said:

SLAP probably was all like “yo C&G charter we’re coming in too.” ODN was all like “nah it interferes with our morning bingo and afternoon nap (lol old people)”  and TLR was unavailable for comments. 

I've never seen a truer quote in my life.

On 6/18/2018 at 5:48 PM, Franz Ferdinand said:

With the exception of Bolivar and vladimir smolenkov, it seems that LSF are just soaking up the hits.

That's because War Is a Lie(tm), it's about time you lot get it. :P

On 6/19/2018 at 11:08 AM, Wyatt Earp said:

This thread is about GATO, SLAP and LSF.

It is not about The Zygur and I suggest if you continue to hijack it you'll see a noose. Move on.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:47 AM, Otto Pilot said:

Make your own thread to protest your specific situation and surrounding events in World Affairs if you need to.

As for everyone else, if we're telling The Zigur not to turn it into a The Zigur thread, we're also telling people not to feed into it.

Aside that, more or less, I probably find obnoxious the very same posts you do, if nation leaders should not comment to also try advance and promote their agendas through their propaganda - which might rightfully mean to insistently try to influence the audience by presenting or framing facts partisanly and selectively - what's the purpose of this forum?

[ooc] For what is still worth, nowadays: the above stuff is entirely IC, the second part included. [/ooc]

3 hours ago, Wobblies said:

Honestly LSF is inactive and that's why you didn't get a reply. I'm LSF's most active member and I'm not even in the alliance anymore. I could make a statement on the OWF that LSF won't vote for Harry anymore but I don't think it would do any good. If anyone wants to PM me about the situation maybe we can sort this out.

Contact Tevron at GATO (the person who made the OP). Up to him.  

If you can wake up LSF that would be helpful.  One would think attacks would do the trick, but I guess not.  

Edited by White Chocolate

2 hours ago, jerdge said:

That's because War Is a Lie(tm), it's about time you lot get it. :P

Aside that, more or less, I probably find obnoxious the very same posts you do, if nation leaders should not comment to also try advance and promote their agendas through their propaganda - which might rightfully mean to insistently try to influence the audience by presenting or framing facts partisanly and selectively - what's the purpose of this forum?

[ooc] For what is still worth, nowadays: the above stuff is entirely IC, the second part included. [/ooc]

The purpose is obviously for the aggressive parties and their "friends" to slap one another across the back, criticism and political dissent ruins that. Alexio15 and others blatantly lie about me being a rogue, and expect to not be challenged by facts.

I reckon this agenda can be voiced in the Unaligned DoW, not LSF's (don't worry, not backseat moderating here!). I realize there isn't one so maybe post an acknowledgement of hostilities declared on this unaligned alliance.

I joined unaligned because Harry was principled enough to do the right thing when I was wrongfully sanctioned. People doing the right thing is incredibly rare in this world, and someone willing to bleed doing the right thing even rarer.

Edited by The Zigur

3 hours ago, The Zigur said:

I joined unaligned because Harry was principled enough to do the right thing when I was wrongfully sanctioned. People doing the right thing is incredibly rare in this world, and someone willing to bleed doing the right thing even rarer.

Says the guy hiding in peace mode. If your "right" then why are you hiding while your friend burns? 

3 hours ago, The Zigur said:

I.E. You lied to him, he was a moron in 2014, and is still a moron in 2018, believed you, accepted you, and is doing your bidding.

You like to sit on here  and !@#$%* about other people doing questionable things, yet, only idiots like you/Harry are stupid enough to begin a sanction war.

This is why people like you should never be given the ability to $%&@ over an entire color sphere, or, any form of power.

Crawl back under the rock that is your !@#$%*mode, or run back to your pointless little discord server. No one cares.

Edited by DeathAdder

The same way you usually lie. Playing the victim, pretending you never did anything wrong, when, anyone with even an ounce of common sense who has spent any meaningful time around you knows you're always the offending party.

But, that's fine, continue to pretend you don't lie every day of your life, all while being a coward in PM, until Admin pulls the plug, for all I care. I'll enjoy watching and even participating in burning down anyone who is dumb enough to back you. :popcorn:

Edited by DeathAdder