95 Theses- An open letter to the Christian Coalition of Countries

Lord Hitchcock

4 hours ago, Soter said:

The proper manner for a Christian to address wrongdoers is to meet them one-on-one, as expressed by Christ in Matthew 18:15-17.  "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."

More "between you and him alone" please, unless you consider the OWF the "church"  :P 

1 hour ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I think you are looking into this waaaaaay to much 

Don't take your alliances relative inactivity personally.

If one attacks an alliance of preachers (especially with the CB that they are committing the "sin" of inactivity) then expect to get preached at by the preachers YOU decided to force out of their silence in the first place. 

How does that saying go?  Something you reap what you sow something something...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Soter said:

If you're going to bring doctrine into this, you're going to have to do better than weak medieval arguments that have little Scripture to back them.

And a single attacker, with a quippy taunt about "inactivity" would have been a much more effective, light-hearted, and "fun" way of going about jumpstarting activity via warfare.  I wouldn't even be mad about such action.  Instead, you've made this into both a domino-effect free-for-all and a works-righteousness issue, the latter of which is the road of the false teaching of legalism, not Christianity.

Okay, listen here you little sinful weasel. Being the victors, it is not our responsibility to entertain you with an outlined version of why we chose to cleanse your soul. Let me give you some reciprocations of what some of the more common names in this world have said to you, if they were in our shoes:

Caustic: "$*&)#$ die, disband immediately."

White Chocolate: "This is a war and wars can be complicated, enjoy the fun and pixels for everyone. Calm down, this is your fault."

Auctor: "Another fair and lopsided war. [insert snappy quip here]”

Almighty Grub: "I am the law whipper-snapper, your feelings loath on my yard, only to be stepped in and scraped off my shoe due to the stench." 

Wes the Wise: "The only thing worse than sitting in the flying kiwis, is sitting in CCC."

So you see, we actually did a good job at addressing your self-entitled character. With that being said, let's take your beating one step further and really dig into why it was necessary to use your skull as a novelty coffee cup.

It's because we don't like you. In fact, we absolutely think of you as a twerp and the lowest scum of lifeform on planet bob. Manipulating any verse imaginable in hopes of swaying yourself for peace is in its own right a justification for a rolling and your kicking-and-screaming has made your destruction all-the-more enjoyable. Your alliance's sins are many, but we have the one cure-all.

An Exorcism. 

unknown.png

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

5 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

I think you are looking into this waaaaaay too much 

Don't take your alliances relative inactivity personally.

Lucius Optimus, I am not taking the attacks in-game personally, nor your alliance's response to the CCC"s inactivity.  Real life happens, the game moves on.  We've noticed it ourselves and have discussed getting more active, but, real life always takes first priority.  Clearly our inactivity, which is of no concern to you, has been taken as a personal affront to a sense of excessive loyalty you feel for what is just a game.

As such, I am a professional theologian by day, and will always take any discussion regarding faith seriously.  Especially when being "talked down to" by people who clearly have no grasp on how Scripture, or Christianity, works.

5 hours ago, Archangel1 said:

Your greatest sin, I do believe, is trusting your immortal soul to scriptures and texts written by mortal men no closer to the Divine than yourself.

As such, I have taken it upon myself to help you and your brothers see the folly in your ways, that we may all grow closer to the Divine.

Archangel1, trusting in the Word of God, which is Christ Himself, when I am told that my soul has been saved, I am not "sinning."  I have faith.  The faith I was raised in since I was baptized the faith I raise my children in.  My God is not some impersonal "divine" but has spoken directly to my by His Holy Word.  I am not an easily swayed fool who trusts in his emotions or reason or experience.  I chose the path that does not render my God a moron.

And to be fair, the writers of the New Testament were closer to God than I, since they walked with Christ Himself, they were literally closer to God.

But, as a Christian, if I cannot trust in the inerrancy, efficaciousness, and infallibility of Scripture as the very Word of God, then what can I trust in?  Please, enlighten me Archangel1, for clearly I am not as aware as you are.

There is still 25 minutes in-game to acquiesce to my request for a list of errors committed, a proper explanation of what your intentions are, and peace offers.  These peace offers will be given to all CCC or allied members currently in combat, from all attackers.  No "second round" attacks to follow for the remainder of the calendar year.  This latter part includes a refrain from attacking any CCC or allied nation that has not yet been attacked as part of the "first round."

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

4 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

More "between you and him alone" please, unless you consider the OWF the "church"  :P 

They are claiming to be going about their war from a "Christian discipline" angle, so the standards of dealing with disputes, as established by Christ, should be adhered to.  But this is just a game, not the Church.

3 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

t's because we don't like you. In fact, we absolutely think of you as a twerp and the lowest scum of lifeform on planet bob. Manipulating any verse imaginable in hopes of swaying yourself for peace is in its own right a justification for a rolling and your kicking-and-screaming has made your destruction all-the-more enjoyable. Your alliance's sins are many, but we have the one cure-all.

Sounds like you are the one taking personally with all the tact of a three-year-old.  Which is an insult to the three-year-old.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

3 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Manipulating any verse imaginable in hopes of swaying yourself for peace is in its own right a justification for a rolling and your kicking-and-screaming has made your destruction all-the-more enjoyable. Your alliance's sins are many, but we have the one cure-all.

Now you have my attention.  Boxing gloves or dueling pistols at twenty paces?

In all seriousness, which verses have I "twisted?"  You cannot throw down such an enticing gauntlet and not follow up.

My quoting a passage, and explaining the context, is good and proper exegesis, even if a bit "quick-fire."  So far I have seen no rebuttal from Scripture from any in the attacking alliances, save a single proof-text.  I welcome the challenge of defending my faith and my God in the only form of "combat" that matters to me.

My shield is secure, how's your's?

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

11 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

giphy_28.gif

Jfc

Correct.

That is my one word summation of all I have said thus far.

And so you know, for future edification: intelligent people take the time to read, and gladly read, at any opportunity.

VDMA

39 minutes ago, Soter said:

Archangel1, trusting in the Word of God, which is Christ Himself, when I am told that my soul has been saved, I am not "sinning."  I have faith.  The faith I was raised in since I was baptized the faith I raise my children in.  My God is not some impersonal "divine" but has spoken directly to my by His Holy Word.  I am not an easily swayed fool who trusts in his emotions or reason or experience.  I chose the path that does not render my God a moron.

And to be fair, the writers of the New Testament were closer to God than I, since they walked with Christ Himself, they were literally closer to God.

But, as a Christian, if I cannot trust in the inerrancy, efficaciousness, and infallibility of Scripture as the very Word of God, then what can I trust in?  Please, enlighten me Archangel1, for clearly I am not as aware as you are.

The Bible was written by mortals. The work of man.

The Divine can not be seen in the work of man. A preist can dip you in water, and tell you that you are now "saved", but how does he know? He is human, like you and me, and therefore no closer to the heavens than the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Soter said:

In all seriousness, which verses have I "twisted?"  You cannot throw down such an enticing gauntlet and not follow up.

You are a troll. And you do not perceive things rationally. Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. Now take your death blow with some dignity.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

1 hour ago, Soter said:

Words 

[OOC. Truthfully I'm very sorry you are having a bad time IRL, but that doesn't mix with CN. If you had problems and didn't want to participate you could have messaged in private. But no, you choose to mouth off here. One of your non nuke nations is already paying for the text walls you erect.] 

Now what was I going to say....oh yes 

Yes life on Bob does move on. If you're slow (at less than 20% efficiency I'd say that's pretty slow) you get replaced. That is what is happening now. CCC can wake up or they can move on. 

Now confess to the banner of God 

PSX_20180314_132609.jpg

Edited by Lucius Optimus

9 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

You are a troll. And you do not perceive things rationally. Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. Take your death blow with some more dignity.

You are correct, I am prolonging an argument for the sake of my own entertainment, since it is easy to rile pseudo-catholics.  My rational perception is not lacking, just used for trolling.  In different context, my statements would not be seen as sarcastic.

Two things, please remember this is an IC area, OOC should be kept to a minimum please (that said talk of Christianity and the Bible are fair game).

Secondly, if you're going to post something, there needs to be more than just an image or there will be warnings for spam.

Spam

Spam is defined as creating posts or topics containing only contentless material of any kind. Users found spamming will receive a warning. Examples include (but are in no way limited to) posts containing nothing but smilies, "+1", "QFT", "this" any other one/few-word contentless combination, joke threads, or posts containing quotes and anything that counts as spam by itself. Adding words to a post with the express intent of avoiding a spam warn will result in a warning. These posts and other similar contributions have no substance and hence are considered spam. Posts of "Ave", "Hail" or any other one word congratulatory type are acceptable as one word posts. Emoticon type posts such as "o/" without accompanying text is still not allowed. Posts containing only images are considered spam, unless the image is being used in the Alliance Politics sub-forum and then the actual text of the image be placed into spoiler tags.

Consider this a verbal warning to all participants.

10 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

[OOC. Truthfully I'm very sorry you are having a bad time IRL, but that doesn't mix with CN. If you had problems and didn't want to participate you could have messaged in private. But no, you choose to mouth off here. One of your non nuke nations is already paying for the text walls you erect.] 

Now what was I going to say....oh yes 

Yes life on Bob does move on. If you're slow (at less than 20% efficiency I'd say that's pretty slow) you get replaced. That is what is happening now. CCC can wake up or they can move on. 

Now confess to the banner of God 

To be honest, I have no qualms with a war, or even three.  But being shown that there are some who are taking issues of faith, which are serious, and using them as "rationalizations" for an in-game conflict is low.  I "mouth off" everywhere, because I am not afraid to speak out.  Punishing others for someone else's infractions is juvenile.  I was enjoying the game as the game until you all raised the stakes to being an issue of faith.  And I enjoy that "game" as well, even more than my participation in the game.

49 minutes ago, Soter said:

being shown that there are some who are taking issues of faith, which are serious, and using them as "rationalizations" for an in-game conflict is low. 

You're the idiots who named themselves Christian Coalition of Countries. It’s not our fault that we’ve shown that we are better Christians than you. You know what your alliance is like? It's like that blonde chick that gets a tattoo of a cross on her lower back, to say she's 'Christian', and not knowing a single thing about the good book. 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

44 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

You are lusting for your own entertainment at the expense of your own members. SIN

42 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

You're the idiots who named themselves Christian Coalition of Countries. It’s not our fault that we’ve shown that we are better Christians than you. You know what your alliance is like? It's like that blonde chick that gets a tattoo of a cross on her lower back, not knowing one thing about the good book.

I'm still not sure why you're taking it this seriously?  Nor where you're getting the rationalization that you can quantify how your alliance are "better Christians."  All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

1 minute ago, Soter said:

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

The difference is that we have repented. You were given the chance to do so as well, but you were too lustfully busy to ask for forgiveness. Now you must pay with your own pound and flesh on the battlefield.