NADC-Oculus peace

Cenk Uygur

3 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

slightly disappointing that these negotiations were not posted for the public peanut gallery as the almighty grub had promised... however, it was a courages moral undertaking for Oculus to rid this world of the NADC filth and I am glad that you prevailed.

These are pretty much the same terms Cenk proposed when Grub pushed him to come up with something on CN Radio way back (After Grub uses the Sparta terms as an example when NADC couldn't think of anything Grub liked); thought the audio was posted on OWF.

Edited by Noctis Lucis Caelum

11 minutes ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

These are pretty much the same terms Cenk proposed when Grub pushed him to come up with something on CN Radio way back (After Grub uses the Sparta terms as an example when NADC couldn't think of anything Grub liked); thought the audio was posted on OWF.

They also attempted for months now to get on CN Radio again together but kept missing each other. I'm sure it was just a case of, let's get it done.

1 hour ago, D34th said:

You misunderstood me, I also do not care anymore, but I think it's a mistake to confuse the current state of cyberverse politics with evolution. It would be better defined as lethargy, stupor or coma. Sometimes I wish someone turn off the machines and let it die.

If the matrix shuts down, there will be alot of fragile souls who will be utterly lost as they will no longer be able to lord over everyone else, threaten, bully, extort. 

Anyway, congrats to NADC and Polar on peace.

14 hours ago, D34th said:

When people cared about what happened here, this type of surrender term would cause a huge amount of discussion

When I first came to Planet Bob and started an alliance back in 08, my alliance was on the red team.  Numerous people told me (and none of them were in NPO). that we had to switch or NPO would attack us.  So I had most of the alliance switch (one guy refused) and did not say a thing in public about it.  However it made an impression on me.  Just because people do not speak up does not necessarily reflect apathy.  

Hail Peace.

Edited by White Chocolate

10 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Silence does not always equal compliance, but these terms are far less of a punishment than terms of the past.

Far less in terms of punishment, perhaps. But in other terms, they are craftier. I suppose creativity has its own rewards, and I won't criticize that.

Glad this conflict has now been resolved.

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:30 PM, D34th said:

When people cared about what happened here, this type of surrender term would cause a huge amount of discussion, now it's just another pointless thing.

Yeah, but people who actually care about CN don't reside in the GPA.

Edited by Ch33kY

On 12/21/2017 at 2:40 AM, AlmightyGrub said:

I care D34th, tell me your troubles.

I am personally glad that Bob has evolved to the point where one alliance can force another alliance at gunpoint to leave a colour sphere.  I am glad because it means I can create another war when they talk about coming back in breach of their terms.  This war however seems to have finished the cycle of violence and both combatants are moving on in complete clarity of where they stand regarding the Blue sphere.  Clarity is always a good thing. 

I think we can provide clarity about a number of things on Bob, and as we stand, I am now at liberty to seek to provide further clarity somewhere else.

o/ Clarity!

4 hours ago, wes the wise said:

Congrats on peace all. Sooner or later Grubby will have no one left on Blue Team to fight with, you will rule an Order of nothing. Then what? 

There are some gaps in your logic.  You don't have to be on the Blue Team to fight me.  I don't need any other alliance on Blue to ''rule'' the New Polar Order (please note that EaTeMuP is the Emperor).  Then what?  Hopefully we can all go home.

9 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

There are some gaps in your logic.  You don't have to be on the Blue Team to fight me.  I don't need any other alliance on Blue to ''rule'' the New Polar Order (please note that EaTeMuP is the Emperor).  Then what?  Hopefully we can all go home.

We always ruled the Blue sphere, but blue sphere dominance was just one of our many hobbies, not necessarily an over-arching "be-all-end-all" as I recollect. Power and influence are completely useless if not exercised and demonstrated.  Electron Sponge understood this, and demonstrated this.  You, Grub, understand this, and have demonstrated this as well.

Cheers Polaris/Oculus!

On 12/21/2017 at 4:45 AM, James Spanier said:

Glad to see peace on this finally, hopefully it doesn't come to any more blows on the subject now that discussion is an option.

I'm sure the large percentage of CN contained in Oculus discussed it before the war. Their direct allies, an also large percentage, probably also discussed it when talking about the war with their Oculus allies. That last 30-40% of CN was either being rolled, were just rolled, might be rolled next, or are simply on the peripherals because discussion isn't something they don't do period.

Nah. No one really cared. It was like "whatever"

16 hours ago, Monster said:

Nah. No one really cared. It was like "whatever"

Did no one care before or after it was brought up in discussion? If the answer is "after" or "both" then that doesn't contradict my point.

3 hours ago, James Spanier said:

Did no one care before or after it was brought up in discussion? If the answer is "after" or "both" then that doesn't contradict my point.

Why both? I'm just saying d34th was right that there's just a general apathy. I mean the war dragged out due to apathy on both ends as well.