Jump to content

CN Person & Alliance of the Year


Maegor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Image result for person of the year question mark

 

I was curious who was the single most influential person who impacted the game this year? (Not impacted by Time's announcement a few days ago, at all.)

 

Then, I realized that CN wasn't just about the people, it's also about the alliances.  Alliances are people too (I think).  But, they are undoubtedly driving forces in the game, perhaps moreso than the individuals behind the flag.

 

So, I wanted to see what you all thought on who was the Person of the Year and the Alliance of the Year?  This is based off of who/what "for better or for worse, has done the most to influence the events of the year."

 

You can nominate up to the three Persons and three Alliances, and you can give reasons for your nominations, if you'd like.  (Yes, you can nominate yourself and your own alliance.)  Once we've gotten a decent amount of nominations, I'll put it in a poll, and we can have a final vote from there.

 

Please note that these are my personal opinions, and not the opinions of my alliance.

 

My own nominations are:

 

Person:

 

Immortan Junka (now The Zigur) -- The running rivalries between ISX and other AAs drove a lot of FA this year, and Junka was the Emperor behind it all.  Love him or hate him, he made the game interesting.

Noctis -- How someone with so few members can 1) make a much larger AA surrender, 2) get a Senate seat through someone else's war, and 3) get a coalition for the 2nd largest war of the year to crush his ass is beyond me.  But, somehow, he managed to do it all.

Gh0s7 (posthumous) -- Do I even need to explain this one?  Again, "for better or for worse," his impact is unquestionable.

 

Alliance:

 

The Nordreich -- War for Maroon Dominance and Maroon Rehabilitation War made Maroon Great Again (and the most interesting Sphere of the year), and the Reich was a major player throughout it all.  Plus, I love KH.

ISX -- Pretty much ditto from above.

SLAP -- The Kingpin behind the AM/NW/TDB (choose an effing name already, geez), COBRA, and anti-Junka/ISX coalition, SLAP was a counterbalance to ISX and provided an interesting rivalry (and rivalries drive the game, baby.)  Plus, their wars have been interesting (like GPA).

 

Put your own nominations below!

 

Edited by Maegor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maegor said:

Noctis -- How someone with so few members can 1) make a much larger AA surrender, 2) get a Senate seat through someone else's war, and 3) get a coalition for the 2nd largest war of the year to crush his ass is beyond me.  But, somehow, he managed to do it all.

 

You forgot to mention his significant role in starting the largest war of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry Junka but not sorry it's an award I'd prefer you not be winning :P But..

I'd have to vote Noctis in terms of most drama-involved/entertaining this year. It terms of what's happened to him, what he's done. It's been quite the rollercoaster. Every victory makes every fall that much more amazing to watch. For ISX it's been a quieter year. (which is a good thing, just to be clear)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I do not understand is the fact you miss the most important things in this world, NO one does anything without making sure it does not effect NPO, every major war or every major group is all centered around NPO, As for people like Junka and Meth the only things they do is spam OWF they do nothing in the world, name one war one real war that has been even and started by them and not them being attacked for dumb stuff on the owf.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely votibg Noctis/Methrage/Seproith

 

He's been pretty much everywhere, made a big comeback after the final destruction of LPCN. 

 

He pretty much had it all...but in the end his love for Sir Kindle destroyed him. 

 

For Alliance I say TTK 

 

Their survival is miraculous. And terms imposed on them earned the friends and sympathizers the world over (we all know the term I'm talking about) 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, SirWilliam said:

No. Just no.

What, afraid of something a little different on the OWF, SW? :P 

 

18 hours ago, Auctor said:

Noctis has this one sewn up, not sure how there's any real contest to be had here.

Consensus seems to be headed that way.  The vote may just be a formality at this point.

 

15 hours ago, commander thrawn said:

Roq/umbrella for putting an end to OBR.

Hadn't thought of that one.  Good one, though.  I'm adding it to the list.

 

15 hours ago, King Irwin said:

 

You forgot to mention his significant role in starting the largest war of the year.

Noctis in War of Maroon Dominance?

 

15 hours ago, The Zigur said:

he-got-serious-mode-gave-great-speech.gi

 

Thank you, thank you all, I wouldnt be here today if not for the dedication of ISX members as well as my fans abroad.

The Leo of CN... I could see that lol.

 

14 hours ago, Canik said:

Sorry Junka but not sorry it's an award I'd prefer you not be winning :P But..

I'd have to vote Noctis in terms of most drama-involved/entertaining this year. It terms of what's happened to him, what he's done. It's been quite the rollercoaster. Every victory makes every fall that much more amazing to watch. For ISX it's been a quieter year. (which is a good thing, just to be clear)

I couldn't agree more, my friend.  And your nomination for AA of the year is ISX?

 

 

7 hours ago, Devialance said:

What I do not understand is the fact you miss the most important things in this world, NO one does anything without making sure it does not effect NPO, every major war or every major group is all centered around NPO, As for people like Junka and Meth the only things they do is spam OWF they do nothing in the world, name one war one real war that has been even and started by them and not them being attacked for dumb stuff on the owf.

 

NPO as a major player as an AA, for sure.  But, the people behind Pacifica's flag vs. the individual, overt impact folks like Junka or Noctis is definitely up for debate.  And, unfortunately, with so little happening on the OWF past treaties and DoWs, it's hard to distinguish what may be very impactful moves behind closed doors to those made in front of everyone.

 

 

6 hours ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Definitely votibg Noctis/Methrage/Seproith

 

He's been pretty much everywhere, made a big comeback after the final destruction of LPCN. 

 

He pretty much had it all...but in the end his love for Sir Kindle destroyed him. 

 

For Alliance I say TTK 

 

Their survival is miraculous. And terms imposed on them earned the friends and sympathizers the world over (we all know the term I'm talking about) 

 

 

I agree.  Seems to be the Year of the Comeback.  And TTK's been added. :) 

Edited by Maegor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meth and junka are the yelling, piss and !@#$ covered hobos of CN, just because they are some of the loudest players doesn't mean they are anything of note. they just need to be relocated from time to time, otherwise their stench would be unbearable.

 

well at least meth can drop his IC when he's in OOC areas, so i gotta give him that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meh. Depends on what metrics you use. Person of the Year isn't necessarily saying they're great. Hilter was Person of the Year and I'm sure Trump would've been last year if not for Time not wanting to repeat history. xD

If we're going to use more boring and obvious metrics. Like who was the most powerful/had the most potential influence then Lord of Darkness, The Warrior or Roq would be the nominations IMO. I'd understand if people voted for them.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spankthefrank said:

Meth and junka are the yelling, piss and !@#$ covered hobos of CN, just because they are some of the loudest players doesn't mean they are anything of note. they just need to be relocated from time to time, otherwise their stench would be unbearable.

 

well at least meth can drop his IC when he's in OOC areas, so i gotta give him that.

 

Sorry that my existence offends you so, I can assure you I couldn't care less how you feel about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Zigur said:

 

Sorry that my existence offends you so, I can assure you I couldn't care less how you feel about it.

you offend me about as much as an over filled trash can, and like the trash you are just something that needs to be taken out from time to time, though i gotta say i do enjoy your crying, which trash has yet to do. But lets be real, you haven't done anything of note in years and even when you did it was always over shadowed by someone else, There's a reason that your aliases have become a verb form for short man syndrome and other undesirable traits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spankthefrank said:

you offend me about as much as an over filled trash can, and like the trash you are just something that needs to be taken out from time to time, though i gotta say i do enjoy your crying, which trash has yet to do. But lets be real, you haven't done anything of note in years and even when you did it was always over shadowed by someone else, There's a reason that your aliases have become a verb form for short man syndrome and other undesirable traits.

 

>Says I can't separate IC/OOC

>Makes hate filled rant in OOC forum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2017 at 5:21 PM, Keysariyt Hanssen said:

I'm sure giving Meth recognition for his recent participation in events will help prevent his already overinflated ego from growing any larger. That will absolutely be good for the health of Bob.

Hey, can't blame the journalists for that one :P .

 

On 12/10/2017 at 6:13 PM, Auctor said:

Someone better get their try hard on in the next 21 days if they want to get on Noctis's level this year.

I thought of ways of achieving that, but I think it's impossible.

 

22 hours ago, SirWilliam said:

 

Sorry, I'm just disgruntled af in-game and outside of it.

No worries, man, we've all been there haha.

 

If we don't get any more nominations by tomorrow-ish or so, I'll open up the vote threads.  So, put your nominations forward while you can!

Edited by Maegor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Maegor said:

Hey, can't blame the journalists for that one :P .

 

I thought of ways of achieving that, but I think it's impossible.

 

No worries, man, we've all been there haha.

 

If we don't get any more nominations by tomorrow-ish or so, I'll open up the vote threads.  So, put your nominations forward while you can!

 

Put into the mix Emperor Khan, he brought down Junka the barbarian tyrant!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...