Nordreich Declaration of War on AGW Overlords

official_announcement.png

Attention denizens of the World, 

On November 30th, a formal Declaration of War was declared upon the Nordreich by the Royal House of Aevrum. In the ensuing tumult of command, the leadership of the Royal House of Aevrum failed to repeal the Declaration of War, furthering its validity. In response, on December 2nd, the Nordreich formally recognized the offensive campaign launched against it. As such, conflict was openly recognized by both Alliances in a public setting. Regardless of the opinions concerning the legitimacy of the casus foederis of the conflict itself, one cannot possibly argue that the conflict was hidden in any way whatsoever from the World. In fact, for one reason or another; it has been at the forefront of international dialogue since it came to be. Which sets up the casus belli for this particular Nordlandic Announcement. So that there may be no confusion for anyone involved; as much detail as possible shall be henceforth, within this document, be declared. 

It is a widely agreed upon notion that aiding a nation or Alliance that is at war with another nation or Alliance may be justifiably considered an act of war against the latter party. We within the Nordreich concur with this notion, and seek to peacefully subdue logistics operations that aid our enemies. We do this as diplomatically as possible, and never use offensive military operations as a primary means of suppression. However, if all diplomatic attempts are ignored, we will not shy away from utilizing the Nordreich's Wehrmacht to eradicate such logistics operations. This is a proper tenant of warfare, and is done so justifiably under the rationale that those allowing our enemies to stay in the fight are enemies themselves. 

On December 3rd, at 9:15:49 AM, Kapsyl I of Kapsylonia, a member of AGW Overlords, sent an Aid Package consisting of $9,000,000 and 4,000 soldiers to Steven Simpson of Grammaton; the latter being a member of the Royal House of Aevrum. This was spotted by both the Reich itself, as well as its Allies. The KronPrinz of the Reich, Latexi, promptly sent a message to the leader of AGW Overlords that stated: 

To: Unruly

Date: 12/3/2017 10:08:09 AM

Subject: Official Nordreich Dispatch

Message: Greetings Unruly. A Member of your alliance, Kapsyl I of Kapsylonia, has sent war aid to an alliance we are at war with. I request your alliance immediately cease all aid transactions with the Royal House of Aevrum for the duration of our conflict, lest Nordreich will be forced to extend this war to your alliance. With warmest of regards, Latexi - Kronprinz von Nordreich

A message was sent to Kapsyl I himself, as well. 

To: Kapsyl I

Date: 12/3/2017 10:16:38 AM

Subject: Official Nordreich Dispatch Message: Greetings Kapsyl I. In case you are not aware, Nordreich is currently engaged in warfare with the Royal House of Aevrum, and sending war aid is often considered an act of war. I request you immediately cancel the aid you have sent to Steve Simpson of Grammaton, and avoid putting your own alliance in harms way. Best regards, Latexi - Kronprinz von Nordreich

Neither individual replied, though the Aid Shipment in question was Cancelled shortly thereafter.

Spoiler

Cancelled_Aid_Shipment.png

However, almost immediately after the Aid Shipment was cancelled, a Secret Aid Shipment appeared on both AGW Overlords' and the Royal House of Aevrum's Aid Screens. The timing of this was simply impossible to ignore, so further research was done. 

According to this, the nation of Kapsylonia had a sustained military consisting of 30,514 soldiers at the beginning of the day. However, upon inspection of Kapsylonia's military after the Secret Aid was sent, the number of soldiers had declined precisely 4,000 soldiers; down to 26,514. The absolute only two causes for this are either: 

1. Kapsyl I decommissioned 4,000 soldiers out of his ranks. 
  2. He sent a Foreign Aid Package with 4,000 soldiers in it to someone else. 

The odds of the first option are impossibly low, leaving the second option to be considered fact. No other Foreign Aid Packages were sent by the nation of Kapsylonia, confirming to the Nordreich that Kapsyl I sent aid in secret to the nation of Grammaton immediately after being informed of the latter's involvement in a war against the Reich. As he was informed of the situation, and chose to ignore our diplomatic bulletin, this makes him complicit in funding an enemy of the Reich and its Allies. This constitutes an Act of War against the Nordreich. 

divider.png

As such, the Nordreich formally declares war upon AGW Overlords for their complicit funding of an enemy of the Reich and its Allies. If this incident was merely the unsanctioned act of one individual in particular, then the leadership of AGW should have formally done something to rectify the situation. Allowing this to continue is inaction, and inaction is either complicity or ineptness. Either way, it cannot be tolerated or else it will grow into a larger issue. Failure to properly respond to our diplomacy is what led to this. We are still open to talks with AGW, but the Nordreich will never delay action due to the inaction of others.

Signed for the Nordreich,

Oro Ibah Aozpi, Reichskaiser

Latexi, Kronprinz

Kristjan Laidoner, Reichsmarschall

Keysariyt Hanssen, Reichskanzlerin

Johan Pitka, Stabsoffizier

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. AGWO is one of those alliances I instinctively like (for no real reason -- zero dealings with them, no real OWF presence, they just rub me the right way).  Hard to say Nordreich jumped the gun on this one, however -- diplomacy first, and decent homework to follow it up.  In my heart of hearts I suspect that AGWO is suffering from inactivity and a member who doesn't recognize when he's being stupid, but that ain't Nordreich's fault.  Seems like all the boxes got checked here.  Hopefully AGWO gets active and fixes this.

Mea Culpa ... Nordreich is correct. 

Upon receiving Latexi's diplomatic note, I sent an immediate internal message to the member in question.  Upon confirming that he would be dropping the trade,  I had to resume RW responsibilities (OOC... outdoor work: tree threatening a neighbor's house).  Just learned moments ago of subsequent acts and am working with Nordreich leadership to resolve.

Sorry for the drama; together Nordreich and I will take care of it. 

Edited by unruly

15 minutes ago, unruly said:

Mea Culpa ... Nordreich is correct. 

Upon receiving Latexi's diplomatic note, I sent an immediate internal message to the member in question.  Upon confirming that he would be dropping the trade,  I had to resume RW responsibilities (OOC... outdoor work: tree threatening a neighbor's house).  Just learned moments ago of subsequent acts and am working with Nordreich leadership to resolve.

Take note methrage. This is how you should've acted. 

26 minutes ago, unruly said:

Mea Culpa ... Nordreich is correct.  Upon receiving Latexi's diplomatic note, I sent an immediate internal message to the member in question.  Upon confirming that he would be dropping the trade,  I had to resume RW responsibilities (outdoor work: tree threatening a neighbor's house).  Just learned moments ago of subsequent acts and am working with Nordreich leadership to resolve.

Nordreich forces have hereby been given orders to cease offensive military operations to help facilitate Peace Talks. Defensive Operations will be carried out if we are attacked, but we will not declare any new wars* or make non-retaliatory strikes in existing campaigns* whilst we deliberate on Peace. Diplomacy was our initial avenue of approach, and will always be our preferred method of solving such problems as they arise. Thank you to the Diplomats from CotM that came to us so quickly to help resolve this.

Unruly, thank you for your cooperation. Please understand that a quick, peaceful resolution is what we sought initially. We do not harbour any ill feelings towards yourself, your Alliance, or any of its members. We simply were forced to take action when it appeared that Diplomacy was not leading to a proper resolution. I look forward to speaking with you in private channels within the near future. 

*: Note: These updated orders strictly apply only to AGWO Nations. Military Operations will continue against RHoA nations for the indefinite future. 

o/ NoR a good CB, good attempt at diplomacy, great research. Well spoken. Excellent reasonableness when the offending party woke up. Can't ask for much more!

AGW I don't know you, obviously a member made a major misstep but it seems you are dealing with it appropriately, best of luck to you!

Aevrum, Meth..... Your post shows you still have not learned. AGW is showing you how you deal with members who mess up.

3 hours ago, The Zigur said:

Yes, seeing governments acting professionally is nice for a change. 

Now lets all return to our normal schedule of pre-adolescent bullying, pointless curbstomps, and threatening to raid people.

When will we finally see your government acting professionally for once, that would be a welcome change im sure