Barbarians at the Gate

They've stormed through the streets as I sit atop my Micro Empire, holding the Emperor of Mankind in shackles. I, Pontius Pilate Lord Hitchcock, ask the townsmen why they want to take this man's life? He has committed no real sinister crime. And the reply in masses that his fate is sealed.

I walk over to the washing bowl and wet my hands. 

Monsters Inc activates its 48hr cancellation with iSX. I will point out publicly, as it will get here anyway, we are not canceling on iSX due to the political noise or their likelihood to get rolled. I am cancelling because I told him four times to quit posting; and when I woke up this morning it was certain that I could not help him, nor was he likely to be of value to us.

People have to remember that we were allied to iSX, not Junka specifically, and I do not see a grave threat to iSX if Junka does the honorable thing and step down. My hope is that he becomes a tremendous FA rep, of which he'd be the best.

As a leader myself I left him with these departing words, "you will not die with honor if it's at the preventable expense of your member's well-being, you will instead die a coward".

I hope he gets it.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Hitchcock I was unsure of you when I met you, but I've found you to be a class act no matter what people say. You stood by Junka's side loyally and have tried for a long time to reign him in and advise him. It is understandable that you have to walk away.

Good luck in your future endeavors 

13 minutes ago, Thrash said:

You weren't stopping the wolves from drooling, so this is no big deal, just less targets.

No but it is honorable, from my vantage point all of LH's dealings and attempts to help Junka have been honorable... Sometimes you just have to cut ties... Also before anyone thinks that LH was just cutting because Polar is no longer there. He was defending and trying to help Junka last night all into the wee hours of the morning. Junka just wouldn't stop poking Polar....

21 minutes ago, Thrash said:

You weren't stopping the wolves from drooling, so this is no big deal, just less targets.

I never pretended to be able to stop the wolves from drooling. Sure, I could have ran a decent !@#$ show in spite of it, but that's not what would have been best for iSX.

The best thing for iSX is to understand why the wolves are drooling... is it because of the alliance, or is it because of their leader? We all know the answer here...

It's his best option, and if I have to cancel on him to get it through his thick skull then it was an honest effort on my part.

What Junka fails to comprehend is the reality of the situation, even if they defended till every last pixel, keep in mind that Sparta was 5 times their size and the potential iSX backlash probably has more backing.

He needs to step down and run IA, give Galarian the wheel, and hope that it's good enough to save the Imperium. That would be an honorable move on his part, if he truly cares about his alliance.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

4 minutes ago, MaineGOP said:

No but it is honorable, from my vantage point all of LH's dealings and attempts to help Junka have been honorable... Sometimes you just have to cut ties... Also before anyone thinks that LH was just cutting because Polar is no longer there. He was defending and trying to help Junka last night all into the wee hours of the morning. Junka just wouldn't stop poking Polar....

Honorable would be standing by your ally that you knew was a liability when you signed it. It's not like Junka has just come on the scene. He's been the same since day 1 and is still the same now. If you were dumb enough to sign a treaty with him, you should stand by him. I honestly had no idea that Polar had re-signed with them (it was never posted, I wonder why?). You all should have known better.

Edited by Thrash

Well you weren't there last night and didn't see all that Hitch was doing to try and stop Junka. He kept telling him to stop posting, kept warning him. It was more than enough reason to cancel on Junka. If you just hate Hitch thats cool, I know there is a history but I watched literally Junka destroy his alliance with mINC last night, first hand... So I will judge it based on that.

6 minutes ago, Thrash said:

Honorable would be standing by your ally that you knew was a liability when you signed it. 

We stood with him then, and I am giving him sound advice now.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Just now, Lord Hitchcock said:

We stood with him then, and I am giving him sound advice now.

I can verify Hitch had no problem going to war even after Polar walked, but he was disrespected as an ally all last night. Anyone would have cancelled after the BS pulled last night by the cry-baby-in-chief...

It shouldn't even have to come to a cancellation. They knew what they were walking into. It should have never been signed. Pieface to Polar, to mINC and shortly to FTW. You can't defend stupidity, which is what you're trying to do. The enemy of my enemy is my friend does not apply here.. not in the least.

Edited by Thrash

2 minutes ago, Thrash said:

It shouldn't even have to come to a cancellation. They knew what they were walking into. It should have never been signed. Pieface to Polar, to mINC and shortly to FTW. You can't defend stupidity, which is what you're trying to do. The enemy of my enemy is my friend does not apply here.. not in the least.

Ok should they never have signed, that is an argument that can be made. Polar was looking for a tech farm, not sure LH's motivations, but yes a mistake for sure. But you don't compound a mistake by not fixing it. Troll him for the signing, not the cancellation..

You don't need to be allied with someone to buy tech from them.. but then again maybe you do, since the "producerism" didn't work too well for me when I tried to send 4 slots out to ISX and they all told me they were quitting. At least they didn't take the money and run.

10 minutes ago, Thrash said:

It had to come to a cancellation, look at it this way, our choices:

1) We stay allied to iSX

a) Do nothing and watch our ally disband

b) enter military and make no difference 

c) start a log dumping !@#$ show which will sure have iSXs best interest in mind

2) We cancel iSX

a) Junka Wakes up

b) I can publicly gain momentum for Junka to step down and do something he would be great at, like run IA 

i) people like Mogar and Maine support this idea, I'm sure others would too

ii) potential compromise of a power change, rather than an alliance disbandment

You tell me which is in their best interest

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

3 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

It had to come to a cancellation, look at it this way, our choices:

1) We stay allied to iSX

a) Do nothing and watch our ally disband

b) enter military and make no difference 

c) start a log dumping !@#$ show which will sure have iSXs best interest in mind

2) We cancel iSX

a) Junka Wakes up

b) I can publicly gain momentum for Junka to step down and run IA

i) people like Mogar and Maine support this idea,I'm sure others would too

ii) potential compromise of a power change rather than an alliance disbandment

You tell me which is in their best interest

Double-post, sorry. So you are giving Junka a second chance. Third, fourth, fifth. Where does it end?