Recognition of Hostilities

21 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

If the NADC lacks the courage to do so, the will to find new leadership, perhaps I will have to help you.  

Ooh ooh, pick me!

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Chunky Monkey said:

Infrastructure is the chains that bind pixel huggers.

Indeed comrade, however it is customary to hug those pixels just a little lest they be quickly and efficiently stripped away.  Considering your alliance actually enshrined the word Defense I am not entirely sure you understand what it means.  I can therefore extrapolate the data to suggest you have no idea what you have done and where it is leading you?

15 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:

All you have done is invited in the cowards and the dishonourable. They should find a suitable home in Polaris.

I assume they make up over 50% of your alliance...  The ones that live in PM every war.  We welcome them if they are active and can contribute to the economy.

11 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:

All you have done is taken in the cowards and the dishonourable. They should find a suitable home in Polaris.

So cutting Aurelius, except perhaps you missed the point entirely.  That does of course happen when you are so focused on your own power and entitlement that you misunderstand the common folk.  Have you resigned yet and allowed someone less determined to see their alliance in flames take over?  Have you come to grips with the fact that your FA position which seemed so awesome and powerful when you were promoting it was, in fact, just some jingoistic horse!@#$ well beyond your apparent capability.

I guess it is my fault, I prod and I poke, hoping that someone learns from their previous experiences and improves their plan, improves their capabilities, improves their actual tenacity.  Instead I continue to overestimate my enemy, I give them credit where none at all is due.  Your alliance is pathetic to the core, its leadership bankrupt of intelligent thought and its membership lolls around neither promoting economic prosperity nor military might.  To be honest I am a little embarrassed that I missed the mark by so much, I am more embarrassed for you however.  A decade plus has taught you absolutely nothing at all.  You are as clueless today as you were in 2007, both individually and collectively.

1 hour ago, Cenk Uygur said:

All you have done is invited in the cowards and the dishonourable. They should find a suitable home in Polaris.

This statement, in no way, helps your alliance. 

That's your problem Cenk: you aren't personable, you're not likeable, you base arguements off of emotion rather than your alliance's well-being and that's selfish.

I'll be frank, NADC has a lot of good members who haven't done anything wrong and deserve better. I sometimes wonder if they've simply given up hope. It seems self-centered tyrants like yourself put your ego in front of their well-being and that's not cool.

I really do hope NADC gets a better leader. One who makes NADC likeable- and not some sketchy fest pit of your abused power, antagonism, and lies.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

I've refrained from commenting on the war until now. 

I could provide safety to all Atlanticans, security for the future and stability for Atlantica for months or years to come. I worked tirelessly in the shadows, where I work best, with no oversight, again how I work best. Not the most democratic friendly way of things I'm sure but I was getting results. I did so with New Carnoly's approval. I vastly improved Atlantica's reputation. I did it quietly and with poise and grace. I had hoped to continue that work. I didn't want to see NADC become another MI6, another home I failed to protect. Perhaps I couldn't have done anything to save MI6 but I was in a position to save NADC. And you know I took it.

Let's get to the meat and potatoes of the conversation and why you are in the position you are in now. As screenshots show, there are essentially only two points Aurelius made as a platform: promise of stable leadership (which I can totally provide, even if just to fill gaps, sorry O00O00, because I prefer to micromanage) and this whole move back to blue, deal with Polar promise. The rest was just about him and all he's done. The vote wasn't even close at all. You didn't need to discuss or vote because it was already decided. The Assembly is a blank check or a rubber stamp. They approved me twice, unanimously, as Deputy Secretary General. The second time shocked me given how people had started to despise me because I wasn't letting on to anything I was doing. They'll go along with anything the SecGen wants. 

I didn't give anyone in Polaris those screenshots. I honestly don't know how they got out there (many people were really interested in why I was out at NADC, side note, I made so many friends for NADC y'all) but they got out there and that's all there is to it. I'm happy they got out there. I want to hug whoever got them out there. It won't make any difference. Let me be absolutely, 100% clear. I have never interacted with or to AlmightyGrub or EatEmUp until like night before's/early yesterday morning. They are both standup fellows from what I've learned via these discussions and I regret we didn't have a chance to build new bridges between Polaris and Atlantica. I can only dream of the beautiful friendship that could have blossomed there. There was such great potential that will never be lived up to. It's all too tragic. 

That's all I will be saying on this matter. Thank you for your time.

- Bernkastel

On 8/13/2017 at 8:50 PM, Immortan Junka said:

There were a large number of people two months ago who openly thought isolating and hitting Polar/NG was feasible, and that Oculus was about to split.

What!?

very aggressive treaties were being signed by that sector of the treaty web.

What!?

I highly doubt NADC's leadership was ignorant of the (apparently) shifting political situation, and I'd wager they wanted to capitalize on it with a victorious return to the blue team.

What!?

3 hours ago, Bernkastel said:

That's all I will be saying on this matter. Thank you for your time.

- Bernkastel

Thank you for a short and informative post, Bernkastel.

I wish more people would follow your exemplary example how one can express oneself objectively.

1 hour ago, Blackatron said:

What!?

What!?

What!?

Tywin is a habitual bootlicker. He gets his nutrition from dirt.

I don't have the information Oculus is working with, but I can guarantee that lowly dog isn't important enough to command it unless someone just tossed him a bone.  Hell, his only connection to Oculus hates him.

Edited by Neo Uruk

1 hour ago, Neo Uruk said:

Tywin is a habitual bootlicker. He gets his nutrition from dirt.

I don't have the information Oculus is working with, but I can guarantee that lowly dog isn't important enough to command it unless someone just tossed him a bone.  Hell, his only connection to Oculus hates him.

Hate is a strong word.  

14 hours ago, Cenk Uygur said:

That would mean that we had invited you.  That is not the case.  You could have stepped down, come forward, confessed your wrongs and bent the knee.  At least try and save NADC from burning.  Instead you tried playing e-lawyer.  

I’m not questioning your honor, Cenk Uygur. I’m denying its existence.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:04 PM, Cenk Uygur said:

In short, I'm not pissed. I knew Polaris would use any excuse to beat us up was a possibility - if it hadn't been this, it would have been something else. Polaris simply confirmed what I suspected. What I hope is others, both those inside Oculus and outside of it, see the situation for what it is - that Polaris has broken our peace agreement in its haste to find any excuse at all to hit us - and the kind of threat Oculus represents to all - by giving Polaris the military backing and carte blanche it needs to recklessly pursue its objectives, irrespective of what is fact, right or even acceptable behaviour - and indeed, to the continuing vibrancy of Planet Bob.

Then WHY did you use returning to blue as part of your campaign to regain power?, I personally do not understand it, if i felt that NpO was going to roll my alliance if we went to blue and i was running to be the leader the last thing i would do is base my whole job on moving back to blue, before you say thats not all it was, every leader wants to setup trades, tech deals and so on, but to make a point of returning to blue KNOWING what could happen is just foolish in truth.

5 hours ago, Devialance said:

Then WHY did you use returning to blue as part of your campaign to regain power?, I personally do not understand it, if i felt that NpO was going to roll my alliance if we went to blue and i was running to be the leader the last thing i would do is base my whole job on moving back to blue, before you say thats not all it was, every leader wants to setup trades, tech deals and so on, but to make a point of returning to blue KNOWING what could happen is just foolish in truth.

That's the thing... we weren't planning on rolling them.  We have left them alone for over a year, and were improving relations via Bern, as stated in this or the other thread.  

We didn't decide to roll them until after we found out about this plan/platform.

32 minutes ago, magicninja said:

Well I'm officially tired of defending Oculus....

AlmightyGrub is a giant piece of !@#$. Anyone backing him or any of his petty !@#$%^&* is guilty by association.

Period.

I agree.  I am a giant piece of something or other.  I was thinking marshmallow. 

Now onto the second point, perhaps you are confused by somethings that we need to clear up.  No one has backed me at all, I am the proverbial no one when it comes to getting backing from anyone.  No one in their right mind would back me.  Fortunately that is in fact not what occurred here.  I know it is easy to rage against the machine but sometimes a little fact checking is required.

Grub is Emperor of Polar - NO (once was a long time ago)

Grub had plan to destroy NADC - NO (been there done that)

Grub declared war - NO (Has done so in the past but no on this occasion)

Grub demanded Oculus follow him personally into battle  - NO (Oculus goes where it wants to and needs no help from a broken down minion like Grub)

Grub was minding his own business and just happened to be in an alliance that went to war with a solid CB against an alliance that no only planned to directly infringe of Polar's peace and harmony but did so in writing- YES (NADC went full retard and got caught)

Grub is an evil evil man and deserves to be punished for his existence - YES, OH YES, OH YES. (you know you want a piece of me, don't let the world end without taking your shot)

magicninja will sit on the sidelines and do sweet $%&@ all like always - YES (you are not capable of doing anything to anyone)

magicninja should go back to sitting quietly on the sidelines while alliances far superior to his go about making Bob all it can be - YES.

3 hours ago, magicninja said:

Well I'm officially tired of defending Oculus....

You defended them?... When? Why?

If you're going to act like a hard ass, then at least explain your relevance to the peanut gallery. 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock