Recognition of Hostilities

1 minute ago, The Big Bad said:

I remember when stirring the pot meant dropping some damaging logs or revealing something that caused an uproar.  Now it just seems stirring the pot means playing dumb or debating the meaning of words.  Then again NADC's cause is pretty bleak, not much can be done to defend them other than play dumb.  Still a little more effort would be nice.

You're talking to a guy who's attempting to defend NADC, in those parts of the web 'effort' is as uncanny as 'responsibility'.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NpO was happy for the first time I've ever seen (except playing passenger to the schizoid TOP betrayal and reconciliation) for that NADC leave Blue. Reading Grub's NADC surrender announcement was a remarkable joy, like seeing an abused pug break first attempt to smile.

That NADC wants to lock horns; despite the fact they can't fight; agreed to terms; and have bailed on every ally they've ever had, will garner no misplaced sympathy.

They wanted to return to Blue and could have done so a smoldering blue wreck, if they're not going to surrender this ambition they should just move now and see. They could otherwise have queried NpO before their membership? The cart is before the horse.

Edited by OldSelf

3 hours ago, wes the wise said:

I've read through and all I can find are some leaked forum posts from the elections where Cenk states his wishes for NADC to rejoin Blue. What's the big deal?  

You are really quite good at this min/max game.  Polar is not playing any games however.  Might be good to realize the rules before you start trying to play.

8 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

You are really quite good at this min/max game.  Polar is not playing any games however.  Might be good to realize the rules before you start trying to play.

Yes I can see you are very serious Mister Grub. It's just so easy to forget given your vague cause for war, one might think Polaris is being petty. I'm sure you understand.  

So, what do you want? What does mighty Polaris wish to accomplish with this conflict? 

1 minute ago, wes the wise said:

Yes I can see you are very serious Mister Grub. It's just so easy to forget given your vague cause for war, one might think Polaris is being petty. I'm sure you understand.  

So, what do you want? What does mighty Polaris wish to accomplish with this conflict? 

No I don't understand your assertion at all.  What I see is a very lazy reading of the facts, which are conveniently located in our DoW thread for you to consider.

Polaris just wishes to remove the NADC as a threat both now and forever.  Given that we are only two weeks into a war,  and the Sec-Gen of NADC says he refuses to communicate in the appropriate forum, ie here, we shall continue to dig the crater deeper until NADC cares to sue for peace.  If that happens now, awesome, if it never happens, also awesome, you may also take as read that anytime between now and never is also awesome.

As for your opinions on the justness of our cause, whilst I hold you in some regard, I could not care less about your opinions or assertions.  I do like talking to you though, at least you try to say something, which is better than the nothing we are otherwise faced with from NADC.

4 hours ago, wes the wise said:

I've read through and all I can find are some leaked forum posts from the elections where Cenk states his wishes for NADC to rejoin Blue. What's the big deal?  

So you went with playing dumb.  Not the tactic I would have used but, it is a choice.  However considering how poorly that has played to public at large so far, you might want to try another avenue.  Last I checked NADC was going with, we may have had plans but, we would never have been able to pull them off.

Seriously what posts are you guys referring to that show this grave threat? I went through the whole thread and all I see is Cenk campaigning to be Sec Gen and talking about bringing NADC back to Blue. You speak as if you've got this obvious slam dunk, where is it? Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I checked again and I don't see it...

4 hours ago, wes the wise said:

Seriously what posts are you guys referring to that show this grave threat? I went through the whole thread and all I see is Cenk campaigning to be Sec Gen and talking about bringing NADC back to Blue. You speak as if you've got this obvious slam dunk, where is it? Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I checked again and I don't see it...

The hang time on this slam dunk was legendary.  We have already dunked it, you can see the crater it left as we did.  Now if you are concerned you can try the same tactics that Aurelius did, bang a drum and wave a flag and see who follows you to war, however as far as I am concerned we are well past the time where you arriving with righteous indignation means much at all.. well it wouldn't have mattered much when you arrived but at least you could have raged against the machine a little earlier and not found yourself so alone in the quest for justice or whatever you are seeking.

Polar will not sit by while people plot and plan in ''secret'', we will respond as swiftly as possible to ensure the plot never thickens.  Here endeth the lesson.

Vote Grub - Violence is a solution

On 8/27/2017 at 4:33 AM, AlmightyGrub said:

Bern did not provide the screenshots to us.  Screenshot delivery is inconsequential to the situation. We have the screenshots and we didn't commission them from anyone,  that's all that matters.   

So, your story is that they were provided by a Polar agent then?

19 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

I remember when stirring the pot meant dropping some damaging logs or revealing something that caused an uproar.  Now it just seems stirring the pot means playing dumb or debating the meaning of words.

I know what you mean. Maybe the return of guys like mhawk would actually turn out to be a good thing in the end.

7 hours ago, Dajobo said:

Wes I think you're better than this. Please prove me right.

The irony is strong with this one.

I hope Aurelius understands that peace talks take a lot longer than just saying 'I surrender', there are signatures to gather, higher ups to approve and it's a giant coalition and that takes time... I mean we're looking at like a month, and that's if peace was mutually agreed by both parties today...

....he better get on the ball

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

2 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I hope Aurelius understands that peace talks take a lot longer than just saying 'I surrender', there are signatures to gather, higher ups to approve and it's a giant coalition and that takes time... I mean we're looking at like a month, and that's if peace was mutually agreed by both parties today...

There is no hurry, NADC seems unconcerned and I can only care as much as they do.

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Funny how it will take a long time to get people on board for peace, but doesn't take a long time to form a coalition to declare war.

2 hours ago, Thrash said:

Funny how it will take a long time to get people on board for peace, but doesn't take a long time to form a coalition to declare war.

Oh Thrash, you know better than that; warring coalitions take forever to setup.

6 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

We were provided screenshots by a third party unsolicited.

Ah, yet another variation. I don't really have a dog in this race either, but it's always fun to watch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. (First it was: "We have them and we didn't get them from anyone"; now you come to realize what that means, so change your story.)

16 hours ago, Dajobo said:

Wes I think you're better than this. Please prove me right.

Likewise, old friend. The way I see it, the only war that should be happening right now is against whichever individual thought it was relevant to bring internal forum BS discussed in an election campaign to outsiders. If that guilty party is Bernkastael, Oculus should consider handing out the punishment themselves, if he can do it to NADC, he can do it to any of you as well.  Further,  No offense to NADC,  they are wholly incapable of posing any threat to Polaris or Oculus, and anyone being honest knows that NADC would not even attempt the aggression being implied that they espoused in the first place. There are much more logical ways to read these "incriminating" screenshots. 

All that said, might makes right, eh Polaris? Since that seems to be the case here, I expect the next time Polar is getting backstabbed they will simply accept it for what it is without debate or any whining. Otherwise you will be hypocrites. That's not because that's what I think, those are the ramifications for going to war without a valid cause, even in this age. You have become the hegemony you once sought to oppose. 

1 hour ago, Haflinger said:

Ah, yet another variation. I don't really have a dog in this race either, but it's always fun to watch you talking out of both sides of your mouth. (First it was: "We have them and we didn't get them from anyone"; now you come to realize what that means, so change your story.)

You are truly an idiot.

1 hour ago, wes the wise said:

Likewise, old friend. The way I see it, the only war that should be happening right now is against whichever individual thought it was relevant to bring internal forum BS discussed in an election campaign to outsiders. If that guilty party is Bernkastael, Oculus should consider handing out the punishment themselves, if he can do it to NADC, he can do it to any of you as well.  Further,  No offense to NADC,  they are wholly incapable of posing any threat to Polaris or Oculus, and anyone being honest knows that NADC would not even attempt the aggression being implied that they espoused in the first place. There are much more logical ways to read these "incriminating" screenshots. 

All that said, might makes right, eh Polaris? Since that seems to be the case here, I expect the next time Polar is getting backstabbed they will simply accept it for what it is without debate or any whining. Otherwise you will be hypocrites. That's not because that's what I think, those are the ramifications for going to war without a valid cause, even in this age. You have become the hegemony you once sought to oppose. 

Hi Wes.  No

10 hours ago, Haflinger said:

No, we've said, throughout, that we didn't ask for them from anybody. There was more than one route that they took to get to us, but the first that I'm aware of was via a third party, who got them by means that frankly I didn't ask about, and provided them to us unsolicited. 

10 hours ago, wes the wise said:

It literally genuinely isn't Bern. Like, at all. So far as I'm aware, the first communication he had with us whatsoever (in recent times) was just after we declared war. NADC is no threat now, because we took action to prevent them from becoming a threat. If it helps, though, at least one of the NADC members who leaked it (not directly to us) is currently tied up in defensive wars. 

Edited by blue sam3

Wait. Your argument is that, if NADC had been left alone, they would have amassed a mighty coalition to stamp out the Polar threat forever?

Obviously this is because of the NADC's long history of assembling successful coalitions. Be realistic, they're about as much of a threat to my alliance as they are to yours.

33 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

Wait. Your argument is that, if NADC had been left alone, they would have amassed a mighty coalition to stamp out the Polar threat forever?

Obviously this is because of the NADC's long history of assembling successful coalitions. Be realistic, they're about as much of a threat to my alliance as they are to yours.

Hey look, it's the guy bandwaggoning CB-less against ISX lecturing Polar.

14 hours ago, wes the wise said:

No offense to NADC,  they are wholly incapable of posing any threat to Polaris or Oculus, and anyone being honest knows that NADC would not even attempt the aggression being implied that they espoused in the first place.

This would be believable had NADC not have already done that in the last skirmish, where they proactively signed Sparta to ping Polar. So yes, historically they have attempted aggression, specifically aimed at Polar.

50 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

I do not understand why the term 'mighty' has anything to do with it. In referencing my post above, NADC has found themselves aggressors just recently. I wouldn't consider a 'mighty' coalition being formed as it would've probably been more of an 'antagonistic' coalition formed. None-the-less, it's still a coalition. I fail to see how Polar's advantage over NADC should be used against them for acting. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Polar did the right thing by addressing it honestly and swiftly.

The peanut gallery should also note that the 'BS campaign' logs Wes is referring to was denied by the NADC leadership, until only recently.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

3 hours ago, Haflinger said:

No, it's that left alone, they would have scraped together some form of coalition, and therefore done more damage to us between whenever war did break out and our eventual victory.