Recognition of Hostilities

44 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

If NADC played its cards right, worked its treaties and waited for the right time it is very possible.  You have been around long enough to have seen much stranger things happen.  

One time in all my years has someone really played their cards right, or wrong depending on your perspective, and flipped the script against the powers that be like that. Once. in over a decade man. 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, magicninja said:

One time in all my years has someone really played their cards right, or wrong depending on your perspective, and flipped the script against the powers that be like that. Once. in over a decade man. 

I can recall at least two.  Your self serving recollection is poor at best.  

When their response was, 

"The NADC I lead will answer this attack and resist Oculus by all means available to us, not just for ourselves but to provide an example to others that Oculus must be resisted for the good of Planet Bob."

I expected they would likely activate every MDP they could, but seems like they weren't able to activate any. Had this war started when they were better prepared, the war could have been very different.

If NADC can't convince their mutual defense allies they weren't plotting against NpO & this is fully defensive for them; then I'm inclined to believe they were up to something and got caught before being better prepared.

24 minutes ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

When their response was, 

"The NADC I lead will answer this attack and resist Oculus by all means available to us, not just for ourselves but to provide an example to others that Oculus must be resisted for the good of Planet Bob."

I expected they would likely activate every MDP they could, but seems like they weren't able to activate any. Had this war started when they were better prepared, the war could have been very different.

If NADC can't convince their mutual defense allies they weren't plotting against NpO & this is fully defensive for them; then I'm inclined to believe they were up to something and got caught before being better prepared.

Or maybe they aren't interested in a suicide run?  

fs0io.jpg

2 hours ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

When their response was, 

You assume that we have asked them to assist.

3 hours ago, Cenk Uygur said:

You assume that we have asked them to assist.

I actually assume you haven't, right now you are far more comfortable being the arrogant martyr than the inspirational leader.  It is not surprising though, it seems that your ambition to be Sec-Gen involved you deliberately knifing one of your serving government.  I can confirm that although Bern had initiated discussions with Polar, confined entirely to the area of mending the damages between us, at no time did anyone or would have anyone discussed a treaty of any level with Bern.

It seems to fit your character though, you spread the story to anyone that would listen that Polar and NADC were about to sign an ODP treaty, causing the predictable outrage among your alliance mates.  Such lies of course destroyed the career of Bernkastel and ultimately saw him flee your alliance momentarily in front of an angry mob armed with pitchforks.

It must be nice to be now sitting smugly in charge of an alliance, knowing full well you arrived there by deception.  Since that time you have attempted to recant your election promises making them another yet another lie.

Aurelius, do you now acknowledge that you lied to your alliance in order to get your competition rubbed out?

Aurelius, do you now acknowledge that you lied to your alliance about your capabilities once elected?

Aurelius, will you step down and allow someone who is not a liar to deal with your mess?

Edited by AlmightyGrub

6 hours ago, magicninja said:

You are right often it happens just by dumb luck.  However, why would anybody take that chance? 

38 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Aurelius, is there any truth to the

I actually assume you haven't, right now you are far more comfortable being the arrogant martyr than the inspirational leader.  It is not surprising though, it seems that your ambition to be Sec-Gen involved you deliberately knifing one of your serving government.  I can confirm that although Bern had initiated discussions with Polar, confined entirely to the area of mending the damages between us, at no time did anyone or would have anyone discussed a treaty of any level with Bern.

It seems to fit your character though, you spread the story to anyone that would listen that Polar and NADC were about to sign an ODP treaty, causing the predictable outrage among your alliance mates.  Such lies of course destroyed the career of Bernkastel and ultimately saw him flee your alliance momentarily in front of an angry mob armed with pitchforks.

It must be nice to be now sitting smugly in charge of an alliance, knowing full well you arrived there by deception.  Since that time you have attempted to recant your election promises making them another yet another lie.

Aurelius, do you now acknowledge that you lied to your alliance in order to get your competition rubbed out?

Aurelius, do you now acknowledge that you lied to your alliance about your capabilities once elected?

Aurelius, will you step down and allow someone who is not a liar to deal with your mess?

Now a NADC/polar treaty. Now that would be a Hell of a ride. Lol

3 minutes ago, keeology said:

Now a NADC/polar treaty. Now that would be a Hell of a ride. Lol

You have to put it into context.  Grub was FA minister at the time.  The best way to a man's heart is via his stomach.  Talk food to Grub and he can convince me to talk to you.  I am EaTeMuP afterall.

Bern talked food to Grub and won him over.  Everyone has to eat.  The fun part is who is on the menu.  Is it you?

1 hour ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Aurelius, is there any truth to the

What kind of liar are we talking about here?  Filthy liar?  'tis the best kind of liars imo <_<

Aurelius is well aware that he is caught, however think of it from his perspective: his cheerleader magic ninja believes in him. If Aurelius would apologize now, then any sympathy he somehow managed to muster would leave him. He'd be all alone and laughed at.

That's his thinking.

What he fails to realize is that it's worse to admit (in detail) his campaign platform... and then deny it.

He denies the talks that went on in Bern's presence and then privately shames Bern because they felt he was complacent. Aurelius fails to understand that the peanut gallery observes both private and public 'official statements' as one and the same.

The public image of Aurelius portraying himself as some victim of evil Polar and his private image of a back channeling sniffling weasel are alone worth the entertainment. His effortless acting is genuine gold. A generically rebranded knights111, imo.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

10 hours ago, EaTeMuP said:

You have to put it into context.  Grub was FA minister at the time.  The best way to a man's heart is via his stomach.  Talk food to Grub and he can convince me to talk to you.  I am EaTeMuP afterall.

Bern talked food to Grub and won him over.  Everyone has to eat.  The fun part is who is on the menu.  Is it you?

Naw don't want me, I'm high in fats and calories. I do however make an excellent Atlantic cod with lime and ginger. Or Maine lobster. Both Atlantic's finest. Seafood not your cup of tea? A triple cheese fondue with a nice white wine would be delicious. 

On 17/08/2017 at 10:35 PM, Chunky Monkey said:

3. Of course we have allies in a channel, you roll our alliances every war anymore. It would be pretty stupid of us not to talk to each other. The idea that we were plotting and scheming and that ghos7 was somehow working for us is utter insanity though.

Let's be clear here. Absolutely nobody here thinks that you are the mastermind behind anything

23 hours ago, magicninja said:

This is precisely because those in power are those who are good at this kind of thing. Because that's how they got into power.

3 hours ago, magicninja said:

At this point? it would be a lot more fun.......

Well if your idea of fun  is sitting around doing nothing waiting for your enemies to get it together at the right time and curb stomp you then more power to ya.   Me, I will stick with removing threats as they crop up.  

On 8/19/2017 at 5:53 AM, Lord Hitchcock said:

Aurelius is well aware that he is caught, however think of it from his perspective: his cheerleader magic ninja believes in him. If Aurelius would apologize now, then any sympathy he somehow managed to muster would leave him. He'd be all alone and laughed at.

That's his thinking.

What he fails to realize is that it's worse to admit (in detail) his campaign platform... and then deny it.

He denies the talks that went on in Bern's presence and then privately shames Bern because they felt he was complacent. Aurelius fails to understand that the peanut gallery observes both private and public 'official statements' as one and the same.

The public image of Aurelius portraying himself as some victim of evil Polar and his private image of a back channeling sniffling weasel are alone worth the entertainment. His effortless acting is genuine gold. A generically rebranded knights111, imo.

Also if he was smart he would address the issue NpO had an issue with (Them planning a move to Blue); rather than pretend Join or Die are their options here. NpO doesn't want them on blue, they were caught planning a move to blue; so I would assume what NpO wants here is a long term guarantee they won't move to Blue.

Although of course I can't be sure what would satisfy NpO, but it seems to be their current leader's obsession with Blue which is why they want a regime change.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, blue sam3 said:

Let's be clear here. Absolutely nobody here thinks that you are the mastermind behind anything

I've done plenty of masterminding in my time thank you very much. It's just not worth doing with the current political climate.