Recognition of Hostilities

I for one am truly excited to be able to conduct negotiations in public.  For far too long have people expected some degree of privacy when they grovel for terms, I for one welcome this new age of transparency.

Nice ego post ''lawyer'' .  If you wanted some respect you should have said '' used car salesman'' or  ''semi-professional darts player''

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:

Even on your interpretation of my words, which I dispute, it's quite a stretch to go from that to "military action by the NADC imminent" or even "the NADC poses a threat".

Our interpretation of your words is all that matters, considering we deemed it enough to declare war on you.  Whether or not you agree with the CB is irrelevant... you are at war.  You can interpret that fact however you like, but it won't change.

8 minutes ago, EaTeMuP said:

Our interpretation of your words is all that matters, considering we deemed it enough to declare war on you.  Whether or not you agree with the CB is irrelevant... you are at war.  You can interpret that fact however you like, but it won't change.

Better watch out Eatem, he might try to sue you.

11 hours ago, Cenk Uygur said:

The "informant" referred to above is - undoubtedly - Bernkastel. The NADC made the mistake of providing a home for this person. Do not repeat our mistake.

I mean, most Alliances knew this lesson since ~2010. Probably earlier.

11 hours ago, Cenk Uygur said:

But my instincts scream against giving in too easily to those who would thrash others into submission just because they can. Such people must be resisted, even if it means taking a pummelling.

We would have it no other way.

I hope that nuke from JesseEnd was everything GreyOps could dream of.

o/ Casualties

o/ War

1 hour ago, Cenk Uygur said:

Even on your interpretation of my words, which I dispute, it's quite a stretch to go from that to "military action by the NADC imminent" or even "the NADC poses a threat".

You can depute them until you are.... wait for it.... blue in the face and it makes no difference.  The old my words do not mean what those words mean trick is a defense of last resort.  And of course Imminent military action or NADC poses a threat right now were not likely because you are clearly not yer prepared diplomatically or militarily.  Over time would you have managed to become a threat?  Who knows what the future of Bob will bring.  Many have sat secure on top and then had the rug pulled out from under them do to inaction.  That ain't us bub.  Go plot on somebody else if you want that.  As is, you have what you wanted just not in the way in envisioned.  

11 hours ago, Devialance said:

Everyone knows what the truth is and soon many alliances will disband even the great NPO will disband when there is no one left to fight. personally you have to had it to NPO for many many years no one does anything in this world without their say so.

So long as they wipe out SLAP next and remove that stain of failures from the board, I'm fine with this. 

13 hours ago, Cenk Uygur said:
nadc_flag_med.jpg

RECOGNITION OF HOSTILITIES

The NADC recognises a state of hostilities with Oculus.

I wish to briefly comment on Oculus' purported CB.

The "informant" referred to above is - undoubtedly - Bernkastel. Leaking is by no means a new phenomenon in Planet Bob. But to leak because you were about to lose an election? That’s dummy spitting. It’s risible, rather than anger inducing - to be pitied, rather than despised. I name this person for the benefit of other alliances. The NADC made the mistake of providing a home for this person. Do not repeat our mistake.

While I am reluctant to speak of internal matters of my alliance, it is necessary to address the innuendo and rumour that Oculus seeks to rely upon as if it were some legitimate CB.

Do I deny that one of my campaign promises was to seek a return to the Blue Team? Certainly not.

But is it a legitimate cause for war? I say not. I address now those who are still concerned with legitimate and genuine CB’s - a perhaps dwindling breed.

First, that pledge is not inconsistent with the terms that were imposed. The term imposed on NADC by Oculus in relation to the Blue Team one year ago was:

This was the only term imposed on the NADC in relation to the Blue Team, and we complied that term. We are not in breach of that agreement.

Secondly, ventilating the prospect of a return to the Blue Team in internal discussions is not inconsistent with the terms imposed upon us.

Thirdly, it was never the official policy of the NADC to seek a return to the Blue Team. My remarks were made in the context of an election campaign, and not as an announcement of policy. Our alliance has (much to the irritation of Bernkastel) a consultative and democratic element and we discuss things such as foreign affairs before a formal course of action is adopted.

Fourthly, even if it had been adopted as the formal policy of the NADC, we could have pursued these objectives in a manner that was entirely consistent with a broader interpretation of the term. Negotiations with Oculus could have been undertaken with a view to seeking a return to the Blue Team. There is nothing in the above terms that stops us from asking.

Now had Oculus been really concerned about deciding what we had intended, an easy course of action was available to them - ask us. Other means to peaceably settle the matter were available to Oculus.

But, of course, this assumes that Oculus was really concerned with peaceably settling issues. Quite clearly, genuine CB's are quite irrelevant to Occulus' intentions. They wanted to roll us, plain and simple.

For Oculus have, in essence, the mentality of the schoolyard bully. For them, might equals right.

Many have flocked to join them. Indeed, that was the course that Bernkastel seemed intent for us prior to his swift execution at the polls. I can understand the appeal of such an approach. It’s nice being on the winning, dominant side - to be in the good graces of the powerful lest they turn their ire upon you.

But my instincts scream against giving in too easily to those who would thrash others into submission just because they can. Such people must be resisted, even if it means taking a pummelling.

In a very real sense, Oculus represents the death of this game. Their stranglehold and hegemony over Planet Bob means opposition is stamped out at even the merest sigh of a perceived threat. This leads to people giving up, for they view the dominance of Oculus as inevitable.

The NADC I lead will answer this attack and resist Oculus by all means available to us, not just for ourselves but to provide an example to others that Oculus must be resisted for the good of Planet Bob. We will suffer heavy losses. We will probably lose. We may even dissolve our alliance. But I am sure that others, who share our values and care about the future of Planet Bob, will on the struggle against the brutish domination that Oculus represents.

Oft-quoted and perhaps lessened in potency due to that, the sentiments expressed below nevertheless reflect mine exactly:

Aurelius
Secretary General of the North Atlantic Defense Coalition

This is what I get from that big text. "When you play with fire your going to get burned".

YOU and the rest of NADC knew going or even thinking of returning to blue would cause issues. YOU made promises that there would be an official move to blue if elected (which you were). That in my eyes is official policy of NADC once you became elected. 

1 hour ago, Morphine said:

This is what I get from that big text. "When you play with fire your going to get burned".

YOU and the rest of NADC knew going or even thinking of returning to blue would cause issues. YOU made promises that there would be an official move to blue if elected (which you were). That in my eyes is official policy of NADC once you became elected. 

You clearly have no idea how democracy works. Leaders campaign on promises, but the democratic process does not allow those promises to simply become policy. Those processes must be followed before the promises become policy, and in this case, the process was never even initiated. Most people do not vote with the mindset that one specific promise is the only thing that matters and the only thing that person stands for. Most people vote for the person they think best suited to run the alliance, and campaign promises only make up a part of how people make that determination.

Also, as it related to those who were banned. You were banned for being trolls. We don't ban people simply because they are our enemies. There are several Polar members who were very friendly and still remain, one of whom is even Polar gov. We welcome all who are willing and able to have civil discourse.

1 hour ago, Chunky Monkey said:

Also, as it related to those who were banned. You were banned for being trolls. We don't ban people simply because they are our enemies. There are several Polar members who were very friendly and still remain, one of whom is even Polar gov. We welcome all who are willing and able to have civil discourse.

I trust you are not insinuating that both the Regent and Minister of Peace are trolls.  Terminator was simply discussing your surrender and I was politely explaining your situation to your allies gathered.  You are free to ban whoever you like, but now all our interaction will happen in public.  It was your choice, so I look forward to publicly ridiculing your efforts in a this arena, all whilst waiting for your inevitable capitulation in these same forums.

I will, out of the sheer goodness of my heart, allow your Sec Gen to make a full public apology in this thread for his poor diplomatic form.

2 hours ago, Chunky Monkey said:

You clearly have no idea how democracy works. Leaders campaign on promises, but the democratic process does not allow those promises to simply become policy. Those processes must be followed before the promises become policy, and in this case, the process was never even initiated. Most people do not vote with the mindset that one specific promise is the only thing that matters and the only thing that person stands for. Most people vote for the person they think best suited to run the alliance, and campaign promises only make up a part of how people make that determination.

Without releasing anything too sensitive,

I'll quote Aurelius from the NADC forums

"To clarify it is not OPSEC, but if seen by polars people it has the potential to be problematic. My concern is they will react negatively to this when we are not ready"

So back to my original statement "YOU (NADC Govt) knew it would be a problem. YOU (NADC Govt) continued on with the plan regardless of the fact that you knew it would cause problems. Now your pissed because Polar did indeed react negatively to this? Or are you pissed simply because you "weren't ready"? 

5 hours ago, Chunky Monkey said:

Everybody knows how a democracy works, you fulfill the core of your campaign promises or you do not get re-elected.  And when a campaign is based on , redressing wrongs against Polaris, returning to blue and restoring honor, people expect it to get done.  This is what the people NADC wanted, of course they preferred to wait do this until they had the advantage.  Claiming your voters are idiots and ignore the platform people run on is not the way I would have gone here.  

5 hours ago, Chunky Monkey said:

So your Trumping your own members ?  And in doing so put you in the position of being targeted with fake news?  Words matter and the words you choose have put you in the position of which you are in.  Acceptance for your own words would help sort your denial issues which in turn will find a solution to the predicament you have created with your own words not the interpretation from others. Including what you call fake news