Recognition of Hostilities

nadc_flag_med.jpg

RECOGNITION OF HOSTILITIES

The NADC recognises a state of hostilities with Oculus.

I wish to briefly comment on Oculus' purported CB.

13 hours ago, EaTeMuP said:

After months of investigative work, and help from informants that took plea deals, a case was submitted to the Grand Jury.  A true bill was returned for the indictment of NADC on the charges of "Conspiracy to Break Terms" .  Peace Agreement

NADC has been found guilty by The Senate and People of Oculus, and sentencing shall commence.

Don't bother with an appeal.  There is already precedent set by the 9th Circuit Court of Bob that campaign rhetoric can be used to establish intent.  While we understand the sensitivity of your plans, official policy yet or not, we noticed, and yes it is problematic.

You 'Blue' yourself.

Signed,
The Senate and People of Oculus

The "informant" referred to above is - undoubtedly - Bernkastel. Leaking is by no means a new phenomenon in Planet Bob. But to leak because you were about to lose an election? That’s dummy spitting. It’s risible, rather than anger inducing - to be pitied, rather than despised. I name this person for the benefit of other alliances. The NADC made the mistake of providing a home for this person. Do not repeat our mistake.

While I am reluctant to speak of internal matters of my alliance, it is necessary to address the innuendo and rumour that Oculus seeks to rely upon as if it were some legitimate CB.

Do I deny that one of my campaign promises was to seek a return to the Blue Team? Certainly not.

But is it a legitimate cause for war? I say not. I address now those who are still concerned with legitimate and genuine CB’s - a perhaps dwindling breed.

First, that pledge is not inconsistent with the terms that were imposed. The term imposed on NADC by Oculus in relation to the Blue Team one year ago was:

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, Lord of Darkness said:

The North Atlantic Defense Coalition agrees to depart from the blue team within 40 days.

This was the only term imposed on the NADC in relation to the Blue Team, and we complied that term. We are not in breach of that agreement.

Secondly, ventilating the prospect of a return to the Blue Team in internal discussions is not inconsistent with the terms imposed upon us.

Thirdly, it was never the official policy of the NADC to seek a return to the Blue Team. My remarks were made in the context of an election campaign, and not as an announcement of policy. Our alliance has (much to the irritation of Bernkastel) a consultative and democratic element and we discuss things such as foreign affairs before a formal course of action is adopted.

Fourthly, even if it had been adopted as the formal policy of the NADC, we could have pursued these objectives in a manner that was entirely consistent with a broader interpretation of the term. Negotiations with Oculus could have been undertaken with a view to seeking a return to the Blue Team. There is nothing in the above terms that stops us from asking.

Now had Oculus been really concerned about deciding what we had intended, an easy course of action was available to them - ask us. Other means to peaceably settle the matter were available to Oculus.

But, of course, this assumes that Oculus was really concerned with peaceably settling issues. Quite clearly, genuine CB's are quite irrelevant to Occulus' intentions. They wanted to roll us, plain and simple.

For Oculus have, in essence, the mentality of the schoolyard bully. For them, might equals right.

Many have flocked to join them. Indeed, that was the course that Bernkastel seemed intent for us prior to his swift execution at the polls. I can understand the appeal of such an approach. It’s nice being on the winning, dominant side - to be in the good graces of the powerful lest they turn their ire upon you.

But my instincts scream against giving in too easily to those who would thrash others into submission just because they can. Such people must be resisted, even if it means taking a pummelling.

In a very real sense, Oculus represents the death of this game. Their stranglehold and hegemony over Planet Bob means opposition is stamped out at even the merest sigh of a perceived threat. This leads to people giving up, for they view the dominance of Oculus as inevitable.

The NADC I lead will answer this attack and resist Oculus by all means available to us, not just for ourselves but to provide an example to others that Oculus must be resisted for the good of Planet Bob. We will suffer heavy losses. We will probably lose. We may even dissolve our alliance. But I am sure that others, who share our values and care about the future of Planet Bob, will on the struggle against the brutish domination that Oculus represents.

Oft-quoted and perhaps lessened in potency due to that, the sentiments expressed below nevertheless reflect mine exactly:

We shall go on to the end, ... we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...

Aurelius
Secretary General of the North Atlantic Defense Coalition
Edited by Cenk Uygur

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows what the truth is and soon many alliances will disband even the great NPO will disband when there is no one left to fight. personally you have to had it to NPO for many many years no one does anything in this world without their say so.

32 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:
nadc_flag_med.jpg

In a very real sense, Oculus represents the death of this game. Their stranglehold and hegemony over Planet Bob means opposition is stamped out at even the merest sigh of a perceived threat. This leads to people giving up, for they view the dominance of Oculus as inevitable.

The NADC I lead will answer this attack and resist Oculus by all means available to us, not just for ourselves but to provide an example to others that Oculus must be resisted for the good of Planet Bob. We will suffer heavy losses. We will probably lose. We may even dissolve our alliance. But I am sure that others, who share our values and care about the future of Planet Bob, will on the struggle against the brutish domination that Oculus represents.

Well written up until you started talking the above nonsense.

Planet Bob has been through so many wars, and plenty of other people have argued throughout the years that their side is the right side for the good of the Planet.  Regardless of who has made that claim (and whether or not I was on their side at the time) I have always found that claiming to represent the ethically superior "side" of a conflict for "the good of the planet"  highly egocentric to say the least.  

Having been around since 2008 I have seen the power of various alliances and blocs rise and fall and rise again.  There have been some changes on how whatever hegemony exists decides to rule this planet, but overall there is only so much variation exactly because those in power understandably want to remain in that position.  To expect them to act against what they perceive as their interests never works, and for good reason.  

Presuming that Oculus has this planet within it's control and no group of nations could "do anything about it" then perhaps it is time for alliances to stop playing their game of domination and just accept things as they are.  

13 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

So you promised to return to blue in your election campaign, you won the election, and now you're in awe of Polar's response?

Who says he wasn't going to negotiate with Oculus for that return. Did the promise say, "as soon as I'm elected we are going to just run right over to blue"? There are many ways to return and some involve not violating anything with Oculus...

1 hour ago, Neo Uruk said:

ok now address all the direct quotes they pulled referring to war with polar

More than happy to but could you link me to the posts containing such direct quotes? I have neither the time nor the inclination to wade through the cesspool of the OWF.

Just now, Cenk Uygur said:

More than happy to but could you link me to the posts containing such direct quotes? I have neither the time nor the inclination to wade through the cesspool of the OWF.

How would one go about, redressing the wrongs somebody had committed against you?  Talk?  Candy and flowers?  

13 minutes ago, Cenk Uygur said:

They're littered throughout the initial DoW, mostly through the first couple pages

To be fair, I'm assuming they're direct quotes; they may have some paraphrasing. I haven't seen screenshots of NADC forums or anything :V

Edited by Neo Uruk

1 hour ago, Subtleknifewielder said:

So in other words submit? That would be boring :P

Then fight.  I am not judging NADC for doing what it thinks is in it's interests.  

Just do not pretend that it is somehow for the greater health and welfare of Planet Bob.  Not NADC's to decide nor snyone eles.  Leave to Admin that which belongs to Admin.  

Edited by White Chocolate

If my "term" was unclear to you in the first place then perhaps you should have clarified with me personally before you began beating your drum.  

You know now deep down in your little e-lawyer heart what I meant by vacate.  You chose to return to power on the basis of you being the strong leader who could address evil Polar.  It requires no huge jump in logic to see the path required to accomplish your election promises.  

When coupled with other information received it is clear that the NADC had once again found itself led by someone who had their ability and ambition confused.  

I am intrigued that "dissolve " is in your vocabulary but if you insist I,for one, would not try to dissuade you.   I doubt this matter is that extreme but I do note that you are prone to hyperbole in all your statements.   

Good luck.  You know where I am if you want to debate the validity of the word vacate.  

Edited by AlmightyGrub

2 minutes ago, Subtleknifewielder said:

Not it doesn't, not really. Honestly I would be bored to be part of curbstomps all the time

So you think Cnek is perfectly right to claim some type of special knowledge beyond anyone else to decide what is and is not in the best interest of the planet?

I am not arguing boredom.  I think you've missed my point.

(OOC:  I am trying to keep this from getting too far OOC.  I get boredom is an issue but clearly Oculus has no issue with it so if they want to play as the do, so be it.)

Can we please quit calling it a 'curb stomp'... that word meaning is the outdated and grossly overused.

Let's call it a learning curve or positive reinforcement or constructive conditioning. 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

15 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

If my "term" was unclear to you in the first place then perhaps you should have clarified with me personally before you began beating your drum.  

You know now deep down in your little e-lawyer heart what I meant by vacate.  You chose to return to power on the basis of you being the strong leader who could address evil Polar.  It requires no huge jump in logic to see the path required to accomplish your election promises.  

When coupled with other information received it is clear that the NADC had once again found itself led by someone who had their ability and ambition confused.  

I am intrigued that "dissolve " is in your vocabulary but if you insist I,for one, would not try to dissuade you.   I doubt this matter is that extreme but I do note that you are prone to hyperbole in all your statements.   

Good luck.  You know where I am if you want to debate the validity of the word vacate.  

You realize the primary 'e-lawyer' is listed as an Order member, right? XD

9 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

So you think Cnek is perfectly right to claim some type of special knowledge beyond anyone else to decide what is and is not in the best interest of the planet?

I am not arguing boredom.  I think you've missed my point.

(OOC:  I am trying to keep this from getting too far OOC.  I get boredom is an issue but clearly Oculus has no issue with it so if they want to play as the do, so be it.)

I do not believe he is deciding what is best, he states what he thinks is best and woks to inspire others, not to force them.

(OOC fair point)

Just now, Lord Hitchcock said:

Can we please quit calling it a 'curb stomp'... that word meaning is the outdated and grossly overused.

Let's call it a learning curve 

A rose by any other name...it's still what it is, whether it is PC to use the term or not.

If that dude happened to be elected secretary general on a platform of "let's invade north america" and they could have managed the boat ride as easy as selecting an option from a drop down box.

28 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Let's call it a learning curve or positive reinforcement or constructive conditioning. 

I suggest it is even more positive than that.  We are giving  them a chance of redressing the wrongs Polar had committed against them.  It is what they voted for.  So now they can redress away!!!

Edited by The Big Bad

1 hour ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I was vacated from my house. The landlord evicted me, but it's been a few months... does that mean I can move back in?

11 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I was vacated from my house. The landlord evicted me, but it's been a few months... does that mean I can move back in?

You could try, or plan to even, but in this analogy you would find a really big wall built around it, and a big beautiful door.

It's one thing to claim the moral high ground, as I often do, when there were no plans for aggression from the defending side. But the rhetoric falls short when a victorious political campaign calls for the retaking of one's perceived rightful place on the blue team (in violation of a peace agreement), and taking revenge on Polar. Polar joining Oculus was a masterful move by both parties, and certainly could be considered the treaty of the year, as now the newly augmented hegemony can root out mutual threats and put to rest earlier notions of a revolt against the dominant bloc or their supporters.

Oculus is certainly alot more reasonable, in my opinion, than the post-Karma arrangement that so many today still laud. The Imperium, after eight alliance wars in two years time, finally has a chance at real political security in an age filled with chaos and barbarism. Polar's CB here is stronger than nearly all of the wars waged against us.

So while I can respect the fighting spirit expressed by the OP, I think it is misguided. Best of luck to NADC, and a salute to Polar.

Edited by Immortan Junka