6 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

People used to honor treaties, not launch preemptive strikes, enact massive reparations, announce declarations of support or even of neutrality during wars,  declare anyone who used a nuke during a global war a rogue and we had blocs with as many nations as are left in the entirety of Planet Bob.  Times have changed and not for the better but, you work with you have,  

Oh man the no nuking rules back then lol, we were one of the first to declare that if you attack us, we are nuking you. But yeah planet bob is a shell of its former self... Oh well I'm having fun watching it burn, i'll make sure to turn the lights out when i'm done.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MaineGOP said:

Oh man the no nuking rules back then lol, we were one of the first to declare that if you attack us, we are nuking you. But yeah planet bob is a shell of its former self... Oh well I'm having fun watching it burn, i'll make sure to turn the lights out when i'm done.

wasn't there a specific reason why Nuke use were not encouraged till a point at that time? Global Radiation levels.

No, it was less to do with the GRL and more a successful campaign by the larger side to criminalize their use at the expense of the losing sides that could have inflicted more damage if they'd used them.

12 minutes ago, Auctor said:

No, it was less to do with the GRL and more a successful campaign by the larger side to criminalize their use at the expense of the losing sides that could have inflicted more damage if they'd used them.

I am just asking, how was the larger side able to criminalise it?

17 minutes ago, Auctor said:

Yeah that is my recollection.

Page 12, so here I am :)

Amazingly nothing appears to have changed. 

There is still no actual detail of what we were supposedly doing, or even which set of people were supposedly doing it. Though I am amused at the 'oh you should confess' type responses. That's just a pure fishing expedition :D

There is still no attempt to justify with all this evidence you claim to have either. Again, if you had any you'd be rubbing our faces in it. 

All in all I'm sticking with my earlier summation - y'all wanted to stomp us for whatever reason of your own and tacked on a reason. Just a shame you didn't spend more time in getting your story straight first. 

In all honesty, much as M3D's declaration was pure trolling, at least it was honest and consistent.

I will assume that the standard responses will be forthcoming, and I will see you all again at page 15.

13 minutes ago, Mandystalin said:

There is still no actual detail of what we were supposedly doing, or even which set of people were supposedly doing it. Though I am amused at the 'oh you should confess' type responses. That's just a pure fishing expedition :D

There is still no attempt to justify with all this evidence you claim to have either. Again, if you had any you'd be rubbing our faces in it. 

All in all I'm sticking with my earlier summation - y'all wanted to stomp us for whatever reason of your own and tacked on a reason. Just a shame you didn't spend more time in getting your story straight first. 

In all honesty, much as M3D's declaration was pure trolling, at least it was honest and consistent.

I will assume that the standard responses will be forthcoming, and I will see you all again at page 15.

<3 Mandy

1 hour ago, Mandystalin said:

You can wait until page 99, Oculus still isn't going to give you a further explanation than what its various .gov members have already given you.

The fact you actually expect us to justify ourselves to you on this shell of a planet is hilarious beyond measure. We don't owe you an explanation, and the only thing you can do about it is continue to cry over the fact. Suck it up buttercup. If you're both all about casualties, less whining, more burning for your Alliance.

2 hours ago, Vortagre said:

I am just asking, how was the larger side able to criminalise it?

Working off people's internal senses of faux morality and threatening PZI if it didn't work.

4 minutes ago, Auctor said:

Working off people's internal senses of faux morality and threatening PZI if it didn't work.

I think it was the "Think of the Children" treaty.  I think their were even lists of people who used nukes in the first couple great wars and letting the join and alliance was a big deal.  

8 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

Oh I'm sorry. You want rights... You want freedoms.... Is it time- is it... Freedom o clock? 

tumblr_nxnj4brBOA1qbxh0uo1_r2_500.gif

I think that should cover it. That usually covers everything. 

20 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

I think your alliance requesting rogue sanctions on Aevum despite us having 2 known Protectorate Agreements with Oculus Signatories at the time is a solid CB on its own.

If we consider the logical conclusion of what one should be expect when your alliance requests frivolous sanctions on an Oculus Protectorate; one would think war if your gov acts like there is nothing wrong with it when approached about it & avoids answering why you guys would keep someone like that in your AA. If your alliance thinks frivolous sanction requests against Oculus Allies are perfectly fine & that doesn't justify a military response from them; then your alliance deserves to be burned to the ground for its stupidity alone. So any additional evidence they have of you guys plotting against them is just icing on the cake and doesn't need to be shown for it to be known you guys were provoking a war.

If there are many reasons for them to want to stomp you, that just shows you guys have done much you need to atone for. Although its clear you're not a victim with your alliance requesting frivolous sanctions on an Oculus Ally & your gov acting like there was nothing wrong with that. So think about that for a while; as you ponder what other reasons you've given them and others to support stomping your alliance. I'm sure you can think of a lot if you're being honest with yourselves.;)

One other factor to look at are treaty chains. I know my eyebrows were raised at some of the treaties signed in the last couple months. Some of the treaties seemed quite aggressive in nature, and several formerly disparate alliances were now linked, ranging from the CnG periphery, to AW/Sparta, to TTK, to RIA. All of these regions are hotbeds of anti-Polar or anti-NG feelings, and I received alot of heat from some for signing Polar.

With the rumors of "circling sharks" and a spreading belief that NG/Polar were becoming isolated from Oculus, it's natural that someone like Gh0s7, who has a reputation for plotting, would get busted trying to do something. I'm as curious as anyone who else might be involved, but I guess we will see if/when they get rolled. :popcorn:

Edited by Immortan Junka

1 hour ago, Immortan Junka said:

One other factor to look at are treaty chains. I know my eyebrows were raised at some of the treaties signed in the last couple months. Some of the treaties seemed quite aggressive in nature, and several formerly disparate alliances were now linked, ranging from the CnG periphery, to AW/Sparta, to TTK, to RIA. All of these regions are hotbeds of anti-Polar or anti-NG feelings, and I received alot of heat from some for signing Polar.

With the rumors of "circling sharks" and a spreading belief that NG/Polar were becoming isolated from Oculus, it's natural that someone like Gh0s7, who has a reputation for plotting, would get busted trying to do something. I'm as curious as anyone who else might be involved, but I guess we will see if/when they get rolled. :popcorn:

You got heat for signing Polar because everyone wants to roll you :P It wasn't about Polar being your ally, it was that you had an ally whose skirt you could hide behind.

7 minutes ago, MaineGOP said:

You got heat for signing Polar because everyone wants to roll you :P It wasn't about Polar being your ally, it was that you had an ally whose skirt you could hide behind.

Your side dropped him, and wanted to turn around and roll him.  He set up an economic arrangement that satisfied both parties while providing himself with some protection.  Seems like a smart move to me.

16 minutes ago, EaTeMuP said:

Your side dropped him, and wanted to turn around and roll him.  He set up an economic arrangement that satisfied both parties while providing himself with some protection.  Seems like a smart move to me.

Of course it was smart, he just seemed to be intimating that he was getting crap for signing Polar because of who Polar was or what side they were on. I was just pointing out that most of the crap he got was because he couldn't get rolled now :P Wanting to take out Junka is outside CN Politics and spheres, or even any animosity with SNX, it's about him.

25 minutes ago, EaTeMuP said:

Just like to point out my offer was better ;)

4 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

One other factor to look at are treaty chains. I know my eyebrows were raised at some of the treaties signed in the last couple months. Some of the treaties seemed quite aggressive in nature, and several formerly disparate alliances were now linked, ranging from the CnG periphery, to AW/Sparta, to TTK, to RIA. All of these regions are hotbeds of anti-Polar or anti-NG feelings

"now linked"?

TTK and RIA have been treaty partners since 2006
TTK and Sparta have been treaty partners since before 2010
TTK and NG have been on opposite sides in almost every single war

All new treaties since MD3 have been optional treaties (nothing aggressive about that)
Why exactly did your eyebrows raise, or is this just a very delayed response?

7 minutes ago, Lord Konstantine said:

"now linked"?

TTK and RIA have been treaty partners since 2006
TTK and Sparta have been treaty partners since before 2010
TTK and NG have been on opposite sides in almost every single war

All new treaties since MD3 have been optional treaties (nothing aggressive about that)
Why exactly did your eyebrows raise, or is this just a very delayed response?

Facts don't matter, only propaganda!

We've always been at war with Eurasia!

Freedom is Slavery!

War is Peace!