Jump to content

One year anniversary of the start of SPATR-Oculus war


 Share

Recommended Posts

One year anniversary of the start of SPATR-Oculus war

 

SPATR-Oculus war started exactly one year ago, on 15th March 2016. On that day large coalition, mostly composed of alliances assembled in Oculus bloc, started to attack alliance MONGOLS and alliance Swash Plates And Tail Rotors. Subsequently, all allies of SPATR entered the war in defence of SPATR. To this day, Kaskus, Nusantara Elite Warriors and The Imperial Remnant remain involved in the war.

 

For a long time, there was no communication regarding peace between SPATR and Oculus coalition. Eventually, in November 2016 Oculus coalition dispatched peace offer to the SPATR coalition. They demanded surrender of all alliances in the SPATR coalition. This demand was refused.

 

And so the war continues.

 

MONGOLS would like to thank all those who were fighting alongside us during this year.

 

Signed,
Senate and people of MONGOLS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you hope to gain by being in perpetual anarchy?  We all know how much money you have.

 

There has to come a point where you say "that's enough." and counter the peace offer instead of a blanket "no."

 

But then again, when has CN ever made sense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

What do you hope to gain by being in perpetual anarchy?  We all know how much money you have.

 

There has to come a point where you say "that's enough." and counter the peace offer instead of a blanket "no."

 

But then again, when has CN ever made sense?

They went from the largest nations to the smallest, they are in it for the principle of it now.  And some do have the cash to keep on fighting for years to come.  Its cheap not havnig to worry about building your nation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Caliph said:

They went from the largest nations to the smallest, they are in it for the principle of it now.  And some do have the cash to keep on fighting for years to come.  Its cheap not havnig to worry about building your nation.

 

This meme has been really handy lately, sad to say.

 

Ljh0JzW.jpg?1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

What do you hope to gain by being in perpetual anarchy?  We all know how much money you have.

 

There has to come a point where you say "that's enough." and counter the peace offer instead of a blanket "no."

 

But then again, when has CN ever made sense?

On that note Occulus could simply say enough and walk away too, but that seems highly unlikely in this poltical climate.  Best of luck to all parties and props to Murt for posting, I am sure your coalition understands what it means to be appreciated.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Williambonney said:

On that note Occulus could simply say enough and walk away too, but that seems highly unlikely in this poltical climate.  Best of luck to all parties and props to Murt for posting, I am sure your coalition understands what it means to be appreciated.  

I've made that suggestion...and it was dismissed.  Occulus, IMO (and strictly this rulers IMO), has met its goals in this conflict and gains very little from continuing the fight. 

 

Such is life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Williambonney said:

On that note Occulus could simply say enough and walk away too, but that seems highly unlikely in this poltical climate.  Best of luck to all parties and props to Murt for posting, I am sure your coalition understands what it means to be appreciated.  

I think the problem is from the PoV of some within Oculus White Peace is a defeat, as they have fought a war in which they were unable to impose any terms (surrender being a term, a mild one compared to others being thrown around nowadays, but a term nonetheless), and so the opposition can claim that they haven't been beaten (which they obviously will).

 

It's a silly view IMO, it's pretty easy for Oculus to claim victory in essentially every military sense even if the war ends in white peace, so there really is no reason not to offer it. But obviously they don't see it that way, so they will continue to fight nations with $10+ billion forever.

 

18 minutes ago, Finster Baby said:

Occulus, IMO (and strictly this rulers IMO), has met its goals in this conflict and gains very little from continuing the fight. 

Agreed, the CB for the war was the sanction on Sengoku, the attacks on GOONS and previous threats by Bones against NPO during the MI6-Oculus war, none of those are particularly relevant anymore. SPATR maintains a senator, but since Oculus isn't on pink anymore, and they haven't sanctioned anyone else in Oculus despite the ability to do it without retaliation, so that isn't really a concern for you guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friendly reminder for anyone who actually cares:

SPATR and company are at war still due to their own pride.

 

I'm sorry Murtibing, but simply having to admit your defeat is not a draconian term. You don't want to and that's your prerogative, but that means that the war continues because of you and not because of Oculus.

 

I guess we look forward to reading your post again next year. Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Warrior said:

Friendly reminder for anyone who actually cares:

SPATR and company are at war still due to their own pride.

Thing is, you attacked them, by doing so you cannot blame them for continuing the war, even if they agreed to surrender they'd be unable to return their nations to anywhere close to their rankings beforehand. As such, why the $%&@ would they agree to surrender while sitting on what amounts to unlimited cash?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Blackatron said:

I think the problem is from the PoV of some within Oculus White Peace is a defeat, as they have fought a war in which they were unable to impose any terms (surrender being a term, a mild one compared to others being thrown around nowadays, but a term nonetheless), and so the opposition can claim that they haven't been beaten (which they obviously will).

 

It's a silly view IMO, it's pretty easy for Oculus to claim victory in essentially every military sense even if the war ends in white peace, so there really is no reason not to offer it. But obviously they don't see it that way, so they will continue to fight nations with $10+ billion forever.

 

Agreed, the CB for the war was the sanction on Sengoku, the attacks on GOONS and previous threats by Bones against NPO during the MI6-Oculus war, none of those are particularly relevant anymore. SPATR maintains a senator, but since Oculus isn't on pink anymore, and they haven't sanctioned anyone else in Oculus despite the ability to do it without retaliation, so that isn't really a concern for you guys.

 

Oculus started it by sanctioning the greatest AA of all time...Helheim 

 

RIP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More serious post..  I've been on both winning and losing sides many times. If an aggressor with greater numbers offers light terms I'm probably going to jump on it unless theres a good reason not to (did this with Polar).

 

The problem with simply giving the weaker side white peace (especially when they arent cooperating diplomatically) is that you don't know if they will behave. ISX did blanket white peace with Methrage the first time and before long he attacked us once again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's simple really: As long as MONGOLS/SPATR have the ability to fight (and by all indications, they do) then they can't realistically be considered a defeated enemy and war must continue on either until they're adequately defeated enough to no longer be able to wage it or until their enemies no longer see pursuing the conflict as being worth the effort.

 

One year is a long time, kudos to you both for possessing the resolve to keep it going.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SirWilliam said:

It's simple really: As long as MONGOLS/SPATR have the ability to fight (and by all indications, they do) then they can't realistically be considered a defeated enemy and war must continue on either until they're adequately defeated enough to no longer be able to wage it or until their enemies no longer see pursuing the conflict as being worth the effort.

 

One year is a long time, kudos to you both for possessing the resolve to keep it going.  :)

Exactly, too many in this world believe "oh well we are winning militarily, why wouldn't they just agree to whatever terms we want out of them?" when the reality is there's no real method of actually defeating anyone beyond them disappearing from the planet, especially with the inflated amount of currency available to the majority of the playerbase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

If there's no way to defeat anyone, then why do people wage wars with political objectives? ?

 

Because most people will eventually make the decision to surrender, even if most of the time there is no way to technically force any terms. In most cases the aggressive coalition will rely on the fact that the enemy will give into war fatigue or attempt to conserve what pixels they can. In this case neither applies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SPATR and Mongols have the cash and desire to fight, so they continue to fight.  If their will to fight outlasts their opponents will tofight, than they will gain more favorable terms.  Though just admitting defeat isn't that bad of a term, I come from an era of "draconian reps" and harsh terms.  Now anything more than a white peace with an admission of defeat is considered too harsh.  Regardin this war, theres not much less lenient terms that can be made, but war will continue until both sides agree to peace.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...