One year anniversary of the start of SPATR-Oculus war

On 3/17/2017 at 5:42 PM, Duderonomy said:

The clout that BONES once gave you. Deny it if you like. But the rage quit says otherwise.

I'm not aware of any cases of rage quit in SPATR or MONGOLS.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:41 PM, Haflinger said:

I've never thought admission of defeat terms are worth fighting for - or about. The only terms that matter are the ones that affect your nations. So if that's all this war is still about, I think both Oculus and SPATR are silly for fighting about an irrelevant term.

I think Oculus simply wants to "win" this war.

SPATR wants to uphold their principles.

And MONGOLS continues to fight to help defend our friends (SPATR and their allies) who were aggressively attacked by Oculus.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:31 PM, malazar said:

Keep up the good work. I know, on the occasion I have been fighting an Oculus victim along with a member of your coalition, they have always been good partners and quite motivated to continue the fight indefinitely.

I have a lot of respect for TPF. You are great warriors.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:38 AM, eejack said:

I am not doing serious damage except for killing generals and chunks of tech/infra/land from nukes but am also doing so without any real additional damage to my nation. I can understand why some folks can war for years without qualm.

You still have over 30k tech. At that stage, I was also mainly doing damage with nukes (and aircraft), whilst my damage output from ground attacks was relatively small (although I didn't turtle during this war at all). The situation gradually changed as my tech level dropped. During the last 9 months I have been fighting in the middle tier and conventional damage contributes a lot to my damage output.

Edited by murtibing

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, murtibing said:

You still have over 30k tech. At that stage, I was also mainly doing damage with nukes (and aircraft), whilst my damage output from ground attacks was relatively small (although I didn't turtle during this war at all). The situation gradually changed as my tech level dropped. During the last 9 months I have been fighting in the middle tier and conventional damage contributes a lot to my damage output.

No offense, Bones was a raging headcase, but I have a lot of respect for the commitment you folks have shown for your cause. I wonder if we will be able to show that same commitment.

I am doing the modified turtle now - nuke, air, cm and naval attacks for XP - spy attacks I kill as many generals and screw with as many collections as possible. I wonder how much XP I have removed from the game so far, between assassinations and folks selling off their generals before I get them. I really take minimal tech damage every day so I suspect I as I fall through the tiers I will be able to sustain my tech a bit longer and I can reach easier spy targets as my range gets to softer targets. In some respects it is quite liberating now that the uppers can no longer do a thing to me. Is just another side of the card.

On 3/16/2017 at 5:25 AM, Blackatron said:

I think the problem is from the PoV of some within Oculus White Peace is a defeat, as they have fought a war in which they were unable to impose any terms (surrender being a term, a mild one compared to others being thrown around nowadays, but a term nonetheless), and so the opposition can claim that they haven't been beaten (which they obviously will).

It's a silly view IMO, it's pretty easy for Oculus to claim victory in essentially every military sense even if the war ends in white peace, so there really is no reason not to offer it. But obviously they don't see it that way, so they will continue to fight nations with $10+ billion forever.

If neither side feels defeated, it makes sense to keep fighting. 

On 3/23/2017 at 10:21 PM, eejack said:

No offense, Bones was a raging headcase, but I have a lot of respect for the commitment you folks have shown for your cause. I wonder if we will be able to show that same commitment.

I am doing the modified turtle now - nuke, air, cm and naval attacks for XP - spy attacks I kill as many generals and screw with as many collections as possible. I wonder how much XP I have removed from the game so far, between assassinations and folks selling off their generals before I get them. I really take minimal tech damage every day so I suspect I as I fall through the tiers I will be able to sustain my tech a bit longer and I can reach easier spy targets as my range gets to softer targets. In some respects it is quite liberating now that the uppers can no longer do a thing to me. Is just another side of the card.

I never turtled during this war. I don't like this tactic. However some opponents from Oculus turtled against me.

Anyway, a member of NPO divulged (in the other thread) that you had 30bil at the start of the war. With such a war chest it is best to stay in the middle tier.

Edited by murtibing