Kashmir needs more SUN!

Certain parts of Kashmir are buried under or expecting heavy snowfall; as such, seasonal affective disorder has us a bit down in the dumps. We need more SUN!

giphy.gif

That's a deplorable way to get your attention and for that I apologize. But now that I have it, the actual topic at hand is tech. Kashmir seeks buyers (I realize now isn't the best time since many of you are busy blowing each other up, but I can't guarantee I'll be as motivated once this ends). For list of sellers, click here. Additionally, consider this an inquiry as to who has automated tech dealing systems in place (updating a spreadsheet then spamming people is fun and all but I'd like to get with the times). Only condition really is that 6/100 be the going rate although we'd probably consider any other options.

Toodles!~

pic.gif

33 minutes ago, Abshire said:

Attempting to make 6m/100T the "going rate" is a valid CB. 

I'm willing to sell for $9m/100t bare minimum, never do I intend to sell for less.

Customers get what they pay for and our technology is top notch, I would never consider $6m/100t the "going rate" we use. Although somehow I don't think these third world nations dumping their cheap quality technology on the market will effect my margins.

Edited by Noctis Lucis Caelum

I will say that I will happily sell 9/300 6/200 within my AA or to certain treaty partners, especially to those that have sent me war aid. That sort of relationship deserves consideration. Too many people don't consider the value of a good buyer that will forgive or delay payment during wartime. Given the number of buyers that I used to get offers from, I always prioritized the ones that gave me aid. Heck, I supplied Buscemi for years because he kept me going even as he bounced through ZI multiple times.

But open market rules are a little different. What if Kashmir chooses to sell to a potential enemy? Or someone who'll twiddle their thumbs and get upset with slow deliveries during wartime? There's a certain risk premium for that. And if they have full slots, that's what the market will bear.

Sad fact is that buyers are plentiful, sellers are few. Supportive buyers are worth their weight in gold, but that is not what Kashmir is seeking. Kashmir wants cash.

And I will mention that I have continued techdeals during wartime for a similar risk premium. I don't think they are being unreasonable. 

Edit: And ultimately, I think a dismissive attitude towards sellers in general and any sort of contribution that they make is part of the reason for the lack of them. People tend to stick around where they are appreciated.

Edited by Duderonomy

2 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

Edit: And ultimately, I think a dismissive attitude towards sellers in general and any sort of contribution that they make is part of the reason for the lack of them. People tend to stick around where they are appreciated.

This is very much something you and I can agree upon.

7 hours ago, Abshire said:

Attempting to make 6m/100T the "going rate" is a valid CB. 

Up there with "voting the same way as our allies" amirite?

6 hours ago, Duderonomy said:

I will say that I will happily sell 9/300 6/200 within my AA or to certain treaty partners, especially to those that have sent me war aid. That sort of relationship deserves consideration. Too many people don't consider the value of a good buyer that will forgive or delay payment during wartime. Given the number of buyers that I used to get offers from, I always prioritized the ones that gave me aid. Heck, I supplied Buscemi for years because he kept me going even as he bounced through ZI multiple times.

But open market rules are a little different. What if Kashmir chooses to sell to a potential enemy? Or someone who'll twiddle their thumbs and get upset with slow deliveries during wartime? There's a certain risk premium for that. And if they have full slots, that's what the market will bear.

Sad fact is that buyers are plentiful, sellers are few. Supportive buyers are worth their weight in gold, but that is not what Kashmir is seeking. Kashmir wants cash.

And I will mention that I have continued techdeals during wartime for a similar risk premium. I don't think they are being unreasonable. 

Essentially this, within an alliance it may make sense to not sell at the best rate in order to facilitate growth, but outside of that context people only really sell at such rates because often those buying at 9/300 or 6/200 are the more aggressive buyers, and the alliances that tend to make these rates their main ones are the ones that push efficiency the most.

My own way of conducting things is simple, when I don't need to take in aid I don't do it, and simply provide tech for my alliance, peacetime I'm 6k infra so the $27 mil I would net from 20 days of tech dealing is not a significant proportion of my income.

For new nations 6/100 is a good idea because it helps them get a good start with growth when they need it the most, and is much easier to keep track of, and is 'fairer' in the sense that it puts equal pressure on the buyer and the seller to keep the deal going.

I am ready to do 9/150 (18/300) trades. You can send the money in now itself. I have sold tons of tech and have a good reputation on that matter.

Edited by Roal36

There wouldn't be such a shortage of tech producers if more alliances treated them with respect. Paying slave wages while dismissing the threat of rogues and raiders explains the barren lower tiers of many alliances. 

Who knows how many people have quit because there's better things to do than being treated like a peasant?

Edited by Immortan Junka

6/100 is all my alliance have ever done, all it does is help your young nations grow faster.

6/200 or more is how all the old alliances worked....Open that billfold and give up some of those billions......

Al Bundy

I found 9/150 to be a great rate to deal. Combined the best of all worlds. Many(buyers) find 6/100 to be slow in creating tech and most sellers find 6/200 to be low in margin and this is where 9/150 comes in. Basically you are sending tech for the same rate but at greater quantity over a similar period of time. Buyers get more tech for same rates and sellers can ship more tech while not sacrificing on margins.  Just buy that FAC wonder and start dealing in 18/300.

That said I strongly believe that all self respecting nations with FAC should demand 9/100 and if they don't get it, they continue dealing at 9/150 till you find a buyer with better rates. This is if they are dealing with outside alliance nations.

I like tech reliable sellers, I like them a lot. I like my hookup with SNX so much that when they've found themselves in war I've switched my payments to straight aid and used the incoming slots to send them cash as well. The amount of cash for the tech is neither here nor there, it's the slots.

7 minutes ago, Sabcat said:

I like tech reliable sellers, I like them a lot. I like my hookup with SNX so much that when they've found themselves in war I've switched my payments to straight aid and used the incoming slots to send them cash as well. The amount of cash for the tech is neither here nor there, it's the slots.

Comrade :wub:

15 hours ago, Roal36 said:

I am ready to do 9/150 (18/300) trades. You can send the money in now itself. I have sold tons of tech and have a good reputation on that matter.

Your nation is a smoking crater and you have a fatwa on your ass. Anyone stupid enough to send you money deserves the loss.

1 hour ago, Jack Layton said:

Your nation is a smoking crater and you have a fatwa on your ass. Anyone stupid enough to send you money deserves the loss.

Malabar has serviced tech deals many times during nuclear rain fest.