Imperial Decree- New Polar Order

5 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

I think most of the bitterness has to do with Grub destroying most of Dajobo's hard-won moralistic empire. I benefited greatly from the Disorder War, even if I was effectively couped from HB govt, and Dajobo always took care of people who supported him. 

Dajobo recruited me after I was expelled from SNX and I would have been content as a mid-level member of Polar. What I didn't expect was the toxic hostility to new ideas and fresh blood that Grub represented. And when I heard that the SNX treaty was being cancelled, I knew Polar wasn't where I wanted to be anymore.

Fresh ideas straight out of your failed alliance from 2006 and fresh ideas from alliances we consider to be failures that even those alliances had rejected, hardly surprising EaTeM didn't scoop those gems up and run hard into certain failure.  You were identified as an idiot and treated as one, the fact that Dajobo had strayed a long way from the Polar pathway in allowing you membership of our alliance was something that was quickly rectified.  Dajobo is a nice guy, way too tolerant of basket cases.  EaTeM doesn't feel compelled to save every stray dog.  You would not have survived 5 minutes under any other Polar Emperor, be grateful you got what you got, but please do not pretend that you are equal to or superior to any Polar Emperor.  You knew when Dajobo retired your days were numbered, a smarter man would have left a lot earlier than you did.

I think you need to check your timelines re the SNX treaty, your revisionism is showing.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Fresh ideas straight out of your failed alliance from 2006 and fresh ideas from alliances we consider to be failures that even those alliances had rejected, hardly surprising EaTeM didn't scoop those gems up and run hard into certain failure.  You were identified as an idiot and treated as one, the fact that Dajobo had strayed a long way from the Polar pathway in allowing you membership of our alliance was something that was quickly rectified.  Dajobo is a nice guy, way too tolerant of basket cases.  EaTeM doesn't feel compelled to save every stray dog.  You would not have survived 5 minutes under any other Polar Emperor, be grateful you got what you got, but please do not pretend that you are equal to or superior to any Polar Emperor.  You knew when Dajobo retired your days were numbered, a smarter man would have left a lot earlier than you did.

I think you need to check your timelines re the SNX treaty, your revisionism is showing.

You speak of "certain failure" yet I don't recall your auspicious guidance rebuilding the position Polar held during the Disorder War. It's nice that you have gotten a couple treaties with Oculus, but that's not the same as having your own power sphere. You rely on sheer weight of numbers to maintain what position you have left, lacking any real ambition of your own.

You can criticize Dajobo all you like, but your only real accomplishments have been attacking ex-allies and slinging around insults. I lead an alliance larger than Polar today, and my wisdom has aged gracefully over time. My little Empire might be a fraction of the size of yours, but at least we are capable of forward progress and innovation.

You can run around smashing isolated ex-allies all you want, I'll be impressed the day you turn enemies into allies and rebuild Polar as a center of political power.

3 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

You speak of "certain failure" yet I don't recall your auspicious guidance rebuilding the position Polar held during the Disorder War. It's nice that you have gotten a couple treaties with Oculus, but that's not the same as having your own power sphere. You rely on sheer weight of numbers to maintain what position you have left, lacking any real ambition of your own.

You can criticize Dajobo all you like, but your only real accomplishments have been attacking ex-allies and slinging around insults. I lead an alliance larger than Polar today, and my wisdom has aged gracefully over time. My little Empire might be a fraction of the size of yours, but at least we are capable of forward progress and innovation.

You can run around smashing isolated ex-allies all you want, I'll be impressed the day you turn enemies into allies and rebuild Polar as a center of political power.

The Orders hold a treaty.  Go away.

12 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

He's already done that, but he did it by leashing his cadre of meatshields to his former enemies' whims.

This is remarkably similar to your approach, except that you tend to offer a cadre of tech sellers because that's what you have.

3 hours ago, Haflinger said:

He's already done that, but he did it by leashing his cadre of meatshields to his former enemies' whims.

This is remarkably similar to your approach, except that you tend to offer a cadre of tech sellers because that's what you have.

The latter approach results in mutual prosperity so that's nothing to be ashamed of.

*Quietly sits down next to Junka and studies him, casting him in the shadow of his immense presence. The old dragon lets out a yawn, says nothing. A wide array of weapons and gizmos bristle out of the dragon's hide, each one branded by barcodes and parts numbers from the Francograd R&D division.*  How are you Junka? I've been studying your charter of your imperium.. reminds me a lot of, mm.. other doctrines.

3 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

*Quietly sits down next to Junka and studies him, casting him in the shadow of his immense presence. The old dragon lets out a yawn, says nothing. A wide array of weapons and gizmos bristle out of the dragon's hide, each one branded by barcodes and parts numbers from the Francograd R&D division.*  How are you Junka? I've been studying your charter of your imperium.. reminds me a lot of, mm.. other doctrines.

*The Emperor of Mankind looks up at the giant dragon, and chuckles softly, like Cortath.

"I am glad you like my codex. I can show you our admissions office, down this hall."

Edited by Immortan Junka

15 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

*The Emperor of Mankind looks up at the giant dragon, and chuckles softly, like Cortath.

"I am glad you like my codex. I can show you our admissions office, down this hall."

Pft, you know me better than that. *He chortled.* I'd never leave the ones who raised me from an egg. You put more work into your assembly than most though, for that I salute you. I wouldn't put much time into arguing with Grub though. There are more productive ways your time could be spent.

5 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Pft, you know me better than that. *He chortled.* I'd never leave the ones who raised me from an egg. You put more work into your assembly than most though, for that I salute you. I wouldn't put much time into arguing with Grub though. There are more productive ways your time could be spent.

I have bored countless opponents into submission.  I am relentless in my commitment to arguing over almost nothing, let alone when there is actual conflict.  Steadfast forever.

It is good advice Junka....

On 3/14/2017 at 9:32 PM, Immortan Junka said:

#notmyemperor

8 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Vladimir would have trumpeted exactly what he was told to trumpet to suit the Emperor's agenda

Nope, I have to disagree there. Vladimir's writings do have a concrete ideological foundation, and I think he would have quit if he thought NPO had left it.

10 hours ago, Rafay said:

This war doesn't seem to have a page on CN Wiki.

Nope, I guess the people editing don't want to add it to the Maroon dominance war, since it is technically separate, although personally I would add it on, and also merge the "For Steve!" and NPO-Invicta wars.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:58 AM, Blackatron said:

Nope, I guess the people editing don't want to add it to the Maroon dominance war, since it is technically separate, although personally I would add it on, and also merge the "For Steve!" and NPO-Invicta wars.

We have no interest at all in Maroon affairs, our issue is with Sparta and continues to be with Sparta and will continue to be with Sparta until we decide it is no longer about Sparta.

14 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

We have no interest at all in Maroon affairs, our issue is with Sparta and continues to be with Sparta and will continue to be with Sparta until we decide it is no longer about Sparta.

We're terribly sorry that we hurt your feelings when you came to say hello.

17 hours ago, Cazaric said:

We're terribly sorry that we hurt your feelings when you came to say hello.

I don't have feelings.  I have plans.  I make assessments, re-evaluate then execute.  You are being executed as we speak.  If you think I registered on your forums just to say hello you read the situation pretty poorly. 

For someone so isolated, I would have thought some basic diplomacy would have been smart, but then you couldn't be civil even when we were allies, so I guess I was really just dropping by to amuse myself at how you truly had your ability and ambition mixed up.  Who would have thought you would deliver so well on the rhetoric but deliver so badly on the battlefield. 

Edited by AlmightyGrub