Imperial Decree- New Polar Order

Don't kid yourself Alex. I worked with the likes of those that the AA calls your friends for almost four long years.  You're a meatshield, nothing more. And when you're done burning for them, they'll go back to laughing at you. The biggest shame is that the Alliance seems to have forgotten that, and just went back to serving those faux-moralists.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Don't kid yourself Alex. I worked with the likes of those that the AA calls your friends for almost four long years.  You're a meatshield, nothing more. And when you're done burning for them, they'll go back to laughing at you. The biggest shame is that the Alliance seems to have forgotten that, and just went back to serving those faux-moralists.

Hello DA! 

You know that apart of been the Senatus in Black sphere, I have never actually got involved into politics. So my question was not retorhic but wondering about the game nature and future. I do not have any objection to fight till ZI, ZT, ZL, Z$ but where that goes afterwards ... 

That will be entirely up to you, and those who are truly loyal to Sparta, and actually put in the work of the blood, sweat, and tears for years like you and I did.

For seven years, I did everything that was possible to move us in a new direction than being under the shadow of the Friends > Pixels side. Notice that they're always the ones who don't have any pixels? I wondered why that was. Then I became King and I saw what they are actually like:

Liars, who openly fought against people who held grudges, who ultimately admitted to me that even they held grudges against Alliances.

Wanna-be honorables who sit in private messages and threaten alliances they've fought alongside unless they're added to surrender terms.

And last but not least, blowhards who turn against their own strategies and then turn against you when you won't burn for their puppet factions who made a stupid move without consulting anyone.

Hypocrits, the whole lot, who can't even understand the most basic principals of Economic mechanics, much less the concepts of Warfare and Politics.

You think that side would be any better if they had power? No. They would be worse. At least this side plays the Realpolitiks and don't have to hide behind lies and false morality while having none.

Edited by DeathAdder

4 hours ago, Mogar said:

I have no intentions of joining those who wish to destroy me, I realize Polar seemingly has no issues with that but I question whether or not you'd be thrown to the wolves by your new friends should fortunes change(hint: you would)

Political forgiveness is what led to such a lopsided world in the first place, I somehow doubt it would create a more even world based off the current result.

Given that many alliances are old and many have fought each other before, how does one grow their influence without political forgiveness? You can't. 

No, people playing politics creates a lopsided world because those who don't play politics or go off of friendship a lone end up isolated.

Edited by Jay Kay

Good show Polar, Oculus clearly needed outside help, glad you were there to have their back.

Oh wait, no they didn't, you bandwagoned in early to avoid any possibility a treaty would trigger you to the losing side.

Scum.  I can't wait for you to get dropped and the 2017 Polar roll to get started.

14 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I think you have missed something along the way..... or do you not remember Sparta attacking us last war?

Goose, gander, good for both.

Like you hitting an MDP level trade partner of Sparta's last war offensively? I knew your knowledge of treaties function was hazy even now but I didn't think you were this obtuse.

Edited by justavictim82

7 hours ago, Alexandros o Megas said:

What is the benefit of having players of 5 or even 10 years leave the game or lose their nation or for younger nations of 0-1 year making them to leave the game early?

The benefit is that the game dies. Is that not obvious?

3 hours ago, Jay Kay said:

No, people playing politics creates a lopsided world because those who don't play politics or go off of friendship a lone end up isolated.

Another guy who gets it. 

1 hour ago, berbers said:

Oh wait, no they didn't, you bandwagoned in early to avoid any possibility a treaty would trigger you to the losing side.

From an insider with direct knowledge of the war scheming, I can confirm that this is entirely inaccurate. I cannot, however, confirm the same for your AA's entry into the war. 

That saying about glass houses and throwing stones seems appropriate here. 

Edited by Abshire

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Alliance leaders should balance realpolitik and morality, because doing so creates lasting justice and stability. Those of us who survived the excesses of the original Hegemony will remember that abandoning morality often leads to insanity.

2 hours ago, Abshire said:

The benefit is that the game dies. Is that not obvious?

Another guy who gets it. 

From an insider with direct knowledge of the war scheming, I can confirm that this is entirely inaccurate. I cannot, however, confirm the same for your AA's entry into the war. 

That saying about glass houses and throwing stones seems appropriate here. 

Ok I guess you really needed Polar to win this war, very sorry.  Also there must be no chance of a Polar MDP ally getting pulled in on the losing side.

I apologize for my clearly flawed analysis.  

AFAIK my AA had no path to the losing side, so...not sure where that comparison stands in terms of truth. Then again I barely pay attention to anything other than blowing up pixels and apparently Polar being scum.

16 minutes ago, berbers said:

Ok I guess you really needed Polar to win this war, very sorry.  Also there must be no chance of a Polar MDP ally getting pulled in on the losing side.

I apologize for my clearly flawed analysis.  

AFAIK my AA had no path to the losing side, so...not sure where that comparison stands in terms of truth. Then again I barely pay attention to anything other than blowing up pixels and apparently Polar being scum.

Who said anything about "need"? Polar wanted to roll Sparta, they're rolling Sparta. Their entry has very little to do with the maroon conflict expect that it presented a favorable window for them to do what they were already inclined to do. Since Oc has no desire to fight Polar, we could, and would, have easily avoided triggering a treaty that would have pulled them into the other side.

Every AA has a path to the losing side. That being said, I was referring primarily to your bandwagoning comment since it was SLAP (53-nations) that oA-ed onto the curbstomp of Avalanche (19-nations).

On 2017-03-09 at 7:55 AM, Abshire said:

Are you saying that so far only terrible AAs are fighting, or that so far only terrible AAs are getting rolled

The former. B-)

13 hours ago, Alexandros o Megas said:

2,189,911 Attacking + 8,839,574 Defending = 11,029,485 Casualties

Wow, that's quite the lopsided casualty numbers there my man. You should probably try discovering how to ground attack.

Number of Soldiers Lost: 5,373,337 Attacking + 10,021,975 Defending = 15,395,312 Casualties

I mean, my numbers are kinda bad too, but partly that's because I've spent so much of my wars fighting 6v1 (or lately 7v1).

6 hours ago, berbers said:

Scum.  I can't wait for you to get dropped and the 2017 Polar roll to get started.

Don't hold your breath; Electron Sponge is long gone, and these guys are treated as favourite meatshields these days.

1 hour ago, Haflinger said:

The former. B-)

Wow, that's quite the lopsided casualty numbers there my man. You should probably try discovering how to ground attack.

Number of Soldiers Lost: 5,373,337 Attacking + 10,021,975 Defending = 15,395,312 Casualties

I mean, my numbers are kinda bad too, but partly that's because I've spent so much of my wars fighting 6v1 (or lately 7v1).

Don't hold your breath; Electron Sponge is long gone, and these guys are treated as favourite meatshields these days.

The same happened in my case, as in many wars I was fighting too with many mo0re opponents and usually like now many times my size.

Just to get an idea - from nations that are still in game and I fought against once or more times - a list is here:

Germanic Empire

Willaim Kreiger 

Wa Daszistien

Wa Dasz 

Lacedaemon

Banned 

Dreadnaught

lunar146 

We Are One Love

onelove 

SlaveII

losinglife 

Tenochtitlan

Javier360 

OTTOTTO

OTTOTTO 

pffoo

jonah spark 

Royal Arc

thecapo 

Deutsheland

PlanckBorn 

cymru-am-byth

tannerus the great 

Survivors

qwe1230 

underworld

overlord bahl 

Empire of Imran

Imran Ehsan 

Saldaea

TBRaiders 

Janus

Artigo 

jutopia land

Jutopia 

Ranus

Jekalle 

Grand Lac

Clevelumbus 

maghrib

tagmoute 

Dagon

Da DreadLord 

king Tom

King Tom 

Metal Militia

mprinz71 

Lodoss

Revol 

Mudfoot

Lenny N Karl 

Technopolis

htmlmaster 

Fantastica

Sventington 

SetiCrunchers

Seti Cruncher 

Rock of Gibraltar

seriouslyseldomseen 

Zarkadia

zarks 

Theoria

Willie The Pimp 

Modis

ace1963 

Indijanci

123Duca 

AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

AAAAAAAAAAGGGG 

Quintana Roo

Bhane 

Iherudia

Iherud 

Baxter

Bomber66 

Mos Eisley

pd73bassman 

Chana

JoshuaR 

ThePromisedLand
CubaQuerida 

Wilmark Republic
Commander Bean 

Onion
Onion 

Astrum
Aeternos Astramora 

Seria
Bob Janova 

Quickcall
Thomas123 

Neftyaniki
The Evilest Eye 

Fish Master
Dealmaster13 

FallenSeraphim
LiquidMercury 

203 nukes on Hellas made the stats!

22 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Don't forget that at one point Polar lead the world as a moralist alliance. Emperor Dajobo was a great leader and arguably lead the Order through it's greatest days.

Something we can certainly agree on.

So Polar, once you and your new friends are done snuffing out the last of your former sphere, will you have enough reputation points to formally join Oculus? I assume that's how the application process works post-formation, sort of like sacrificing your first born son in a pentagram or something.

21 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

So Polar, once you and your new friends are done snuffing out the last of your former sphere, will you have enough reputation points to formally join Oculus? I assume that's how the application process works post-formation, sort of like sacrificing your first born son in a pentagram or something.

We aren't looking to join Oculus, we were looking to hit Sparta.  Sparta gave us the opportunity, so we took it.  Other than Cowboys picking up a few targets we couldn't reach, I'm not sure to which friends you are referring that are hitting Sparta.

15 hours ago, Mogar said:

I have no intentions of joining those who wish to destroy me, I realize Polar seemingly has no issues with that but I question whether or not you'd be thrown to the wolves by your new friends should fortunes change(hint: you would)

Political forgiveness is what led to such a lopsided world in the first place, I somehow doubt it would create a more even world based off the current result.

That's where you're wrong, but we've always been playing two different games, C&G might be much smaller but to pretend as though Friends > Pixels should not be the case is why every war is a curbstomp, there's so few willing to defend a friend on the losing side.

Wars these days are a curb stomp because the insolvent are not wise enough to seek solvency, putting friendship above sovereignty has put many a nation in its grave. Friendship is a way to seek sovereignty, but it requires the right friends.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Just now, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Wars these days are a curb stomp because the insolvent are not wise enough to seek solvency, putting friendship above sovereignty has put many a nation in its grave.

I could make the argument putting security over sovereignty does the same thing.

5 hours ago, EaTeMuP said:

We aren't looking to join Oculus, we were looking to hit Sparta.  Sparta gave us the opportunity, so we took it.  Other than Cowboys picking up a few targets we couldn't reach, I'm not sure to which friends you are referring that are hitting Sparta.

I wasn't limiting my statement to Sparta. What's left of the old SuperFriends/Aftermath are being rolled by your new partners. Avalanche and Legion are as well. What was once Polarsphere is being cratered while Polar itself partakes, not that in your case Sparta didn't deserve it. While I don't like Polar over past complications, I don't like Sparta even more (or for that matter, most of past or present Polarsphere), so it's less of a criticism and more of an observation/inquiry on if there's an endgame among it all.

2 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Not exactly something new to this war you know. :frantic:

Sure, but these latest actions are squeezing out the stragglers, unless there's a group of AA's from Polarshere I can't remember (which is possible).