Jump to content

Imperial Decree- New Polar Order


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Mogar said:

Wait a minute, that war was declared BY NPacificaO, so you're literally gonna keep Sparta at war because of your own allies stupidity in another game? I had thought we were trying not to promote such idiotic behavior?

Don't think he necessarily meant just the war as the crosspollination with regards to certain parties, it goes pretty far. I'm not gonna comment since I wasn't on the Sparta forums myself, I don't think this is your place given your views on the subject given you see holding OOC: grudges out of game as legitimate. Your own first sentence here shows your own bias. Given I don't believe Sparta has actively sought peace, I don't think it's Polar holding them at war. Their gov just doesn't care, which is fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Mogar said:

So are you denying what AlmightyGrub stated on Sparta's forums, because one of you would be lying in this case.

 

I will cut and paste the entire post if you are so concerned Mogar. It does contain OOC references and should be treated as such.

 

There is always a cost to a war initially, we love to fight and do not give a root about sustaining damages.... but that is not what this is about now. Your alliance is in a position where you can not possibly do any damage to nations that are not easily rebuilt. You are essentially fighting our tech sellers now, they have only infra to lose, we will buy as much of that as we like post-war. You didn't exactly tax our cash supply at the top end of the alliance. I sustained some damage in the wars I fought, but surprisingly I lost almost no tech, which is the real measure of damage to me as it is a hard to replace resource. Despite the fact you hate me but have chosen to hide out in peace mode rather than directly attack me speaks volumes about your actual desire to inflict damage where it is deserved. Only time or lots of cash can top your tech levels up. Mine are pretty much where they were. You have had some fairly large losses of tech across the board and the only reason you haven't lost more is because your largest nations were in Peace Mode when we attacked.



Yes we have lost some members along the way, if you look at our numbers we oscillate continually between where we are now and about 220. We constantly recruit new players but it is harder during war. We actually lost some older players during this war as well, but we have been losing older players since 2007. The reality is we have dropped 2 places in alliance rankings and a swift rebuild will easily rectify that.

You can continue to spin it however you like, you can actually believe you are winning this war if you like, it makes absolutely no difference to me. The cross pollination of your activity against us in other realms means that there is no easy way out of this war for you in CyberNations. You are stuck in Peace Mode forever... or until you make some attempt to negotiate peace...or disband. Whatever floats your boat. The actual point of my assertion is there is no actual cost to us continuing this war now, we will strip tech from nations that were previously tech buyers whilst you strip infra from nations that are tech sellers. The end game is you have no tech and no way to replace it, whilst we can easily aid our nations as much as we like.

I am not sure what you are holding onto as your salvation, but I do not care if all your members delete from boredom, I likewise do not care if you fight forever or disband but there is no end to this war until you decide you will negotiate for peace. Your position will never get better, but it will certainly continue to get worse when it comes to the terms being offered. The more arrogantly you hold on, the worse things will become. I am not trolling you, just stating the actual facts.

As for why we hate you, you made your choices, we made ours. It is funny though that the person who supported you the most from within our alliance is now your greatest opponent. I on the other hand never really warmed to you, so I find it quite easy to keep my foot on your throat. Regardless of the cost, whatever it takes, Sparta will surrender to us, and meet our terms or remain forever in Peace Mode. Either works for me. See you in hell?

Edited by AlmightyGrub
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Monster said:

Don't think he necessarily meant just the war as the crosspollination with regards to certain parties, it goes pretty far. I'm not gonna comment since I wasn't on the Sparta forums myself, I don't think this is your place given your views on the subject given you see holding OOC: grudges out of game as legitimate. Your own first sentence here shows your own bias. Given I don't believe Sparta has actively sought peace, I don't think it's Polar holding them at war. Their gov just doesn't care, which is fine. 

I have said multiple times publicly and privately that I'm happy to discuss peace whenever Polar wishes and have invited them to our Discord to enable them to easily me.

Although I admit I haven't actively sought out Grub, especially when hearing that apparently the actions of another realm are somehow going to mean there is no easy way out - another realm that I cannot effect despite my throne here - then there is a reason for my hesitation in hearing their terms until this is resolved. 

 

But please do not mistake us discussing things internal - both amongst govt and members - as not caring. That is certainly not the case, and there are active discussions about the state of this war occurring on a regular basis at all levels within Sparta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlmightyGrub,

 

But you've made it abundantly clear, in your previous post here as well, that the peace terms - deliberately harsh - are a reflection of what is happening in "other realms". This is something out of mine and other Spartan's control - what do you expect the reaction to be? What can I do? Sorry for what is happening over there!? This is truly bizarre.

 

I would like to take EateMuP's words seriously but it is pretty clear what is going on here. I have no issue with war, or pixel loss (it is the fun aspect of CN) but there are sinister forces at play here, I cannot help with this and I don't want to burden anyone with further posts. Polar is an alliance I've always liked and in years gone by - I had a chance to co-op with (Fark included). I will remember those times fondly.

 

This war, my damage output was second only to Hellas, and just a bit less than EateMuP on the Polar side (CN Lyricalz stats confirm) - but it was all for nothing. For shame.

 

Sorry if I have crossed "OOC lines", I am not too familiar with the decorum here.

 

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

The cross pollination of your activity against us in other realms means that there is no easy way out of this war for you in CyberNations.

See, this sentence though heavily implies that they'll be getting harsher terms because of that other game. Though I will concede to Roq's statement that I can't accurately judge anything unless I were to read through the full thread. I might hold bias and grudges but being cognitive enough to step back and acknowledge that is more than a lot in these worlds can say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, srboslav said:

AlmightyGrub,

 

But you've made it abundantly clear, in your previous post here as well, that the peace terms - deliberately harsh - are a reflection of what is happening in "other realms". This is something out of mine and other Spartan's control - what do you expect the reaction to be? What can I do? Sorry for what is happening over there!? This is truly bizarre.

 

I would like to take EateMuP's words seriously but it is pretty clear what is going on here. I have no issue with war, or pixel loss (it is the fun aspect of CN) but there are sinister forces at play here, I cannot help with this and I don't want to burden anyone with further posts. Polar is an alliance I've always liked and in years gone by - I had a chance to co-op with (Fark included). I will remember those times fondly.

 

This war, my damage output was second only to Hellas, and just a bit less than EateMuP on the Polar side (CN Lyricalz stats confirm) - but it was all for nothing. For shame.

 

Sorry if I have crossed "OOC lines", I am not too familiar with the decorum here.

 

Regards

 

The reasons for the harsh terms have nothing to do with anything other than your alliance's desire to hide rather than fight.  This was a simple matter from the outset, fight hard and we all go home, instead you have dragged this out into the most boring event in CN history.  There is a price to pay for that.

 

There is nothing sinister, there is nothing out of your control, you are reaching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogar said:

See, this sentence though heavily implies that they'll be getting harsher terms because of that other game. Though I will concede to Roq's statement that I can't accurately judge anything unless I were to read through the full thread. I might hold bias and grudges but being cognitive enough to step back and acknowledge that is more than a lot in these worlds can say.

 

Except that is not what the sentence says...at all.  You are stretching yet again to try to achieve something that is out of your reach because half a sentence does not make a sentence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mogar said:

See, this sentence though heavily implies that they'll be getting harsher terms because of that other game. Though I will concede to Roq's statement that I can't accurately judge anything unless I were to read through the full thread. I might hold bias and grudges but being cognitive enough to step back and acknowledge that is more than a lot in these worlds can say.

With the context provided it's pretty clear, all Grub told them is they have to actually ask and talk about peace and shouldn't expect Polar to do a unilateral withdrawal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, srboslav said:

AlmightyGrub,

 

But you've made it abundantly clear, in your previous post here as well, that the peace terms - deliberately harsh - are a reflection of what is happening in "other realms". This is something out of mine and other Spartan's control - what do you expect the reaction to be? What can I do? 

 

If you feel so strongly about this, then I would yell at your Sparta leadership.

 

They were the one's crossing realms (and thinking they were cute). Cazaric owes his people and Planet Bob an apology.

 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have any reason to favor one side over the other in this war, but I think it makes sense for both sides to fight it out until either white peace or a simple surrender (without harsh terms) can be agreed upon if one side has clearly lost.

 

I can see both sides of this, Sparta doesn't want to ask for peace when they feel like harsh terms would be attached or feel it would be a sign of weakness to ask for peace when they don't think NpO is ready to give it. NpO feels they are winning, so it should be Sparta asking them for peace; instead of NpO offering Sparta peace.

 

I'm just a spectator in all this and don't have any strong feelings about this war, so I don't expect my opinion to have any real bearing on how this plays out. Although I think this devolving into a situation where one alliance seeks the complete destruction of the other over a lack of communication would be unfortunate with the already shrinking player base.

 

So good luck to both alliances in eventually reaching a peaceful resolution.

Edited by Noctis Lucis Caelum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dre4mwe4ver said:

Just because it is nothing new does not mean that it isn't inappropriate or frankly, a poor show.

 

The people my post was intended for know exactly who and what I'm referencing and why. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

 

If you feel so strongly about this, then I would yell at your Sparta leadership.

 

They were the one's crossing realms (and thinking they were cute). Cazaric owes his people and Planet Bob an apology.

 

 

The activities of the 'other realm' are not discussed on the Sparta forum or Discord, it is a sensitive topic for us and in the past - players such as myself and Hellas have been vocal about loyalty to CN only.

 

It was pure dumb luck on my behalf to see AlmightyGrub and dajobo talk about 'other realms' and piece it together. I am horrified by the extent that the 'other realm' is playing a part here. Your post confirms that there is A LOT more going on. I don't care for it at all.

 

I will not yell at anyone, I will hand out my remaining tech to old friends and take the high road on this one. - This post is final, I swear, hah.

 

Regards

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, srboslav said:

 

The activities of the 'other realm' are not discussed on the Sparta forum or Discord, it is a sensitive topic for us and in the past - players such as myself and Hellas have been vocal about loyalty to CN only.

 

It was pure dumb luck on my behalf to see AlmightyGrub and dajobo talk about 'other realms' and piece it together. I am horrified by the extent that the 'other realm' is playing a part here. Your post confirms that there is A LOT more going on. I don't care for it at all.

 

I will not yell at anyone, I will hand out my remaining tech to old friends and take the high road on this one. - This post is final, I swear, hah.

 

Regards

If by take the high road, you mean quit; I doubt that is necessary or you're the reason for this war continuing. Although I think its a good idea to stop talking about other realms, even if they mentioned it first.

 

It seems like Grub is saying the harsh terms are a reflection of Sparta not coming out of peace mode, so I think if Sparta came out of peace mode for one last major offensive on NpO; peace could maybe be worked out after a round or so of fighting without harsh terms. Either way, I think Sparta would be better off doing one last major push where everybody fights; rather than slowly shrink away in peace mode with players quitting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, srboslav said:

 

I will not yell at anyone, I will hand out my remaining tech to old friends and take the high road on this one. - This post is final, I swear

 

 

Thank admin,

 

Let's talk about Sparta, there is no such thing as 'high road' when it comes to you scum.

 

For example, during the Doom War Sparta kicked and screamed in the back channels because they fought longer than some other alliances and felt entitlement and weighed heavily on clinging for attention.

 

This is ended in Sparta exiting for the XX bloc and dropping their treaty with MI6, in the same thread!... MI6 wasn't even a bloc partner and worse yet, it wasn't even a bloc entry. MI6 stuck their necks out for Sparta that war and felt pissed on... Polaris was relieved that they didn't have to hold Sparta's hand anymore.

 

Then if that snobbishness wasn't enough, they coddled the doom sphere, in a disgusting display, even going as far as sending ghosts against WTF, which was government sponsored. I'm sure Fark was thrilled...

 

All this and Sparta still had the audacity to leave loudly, cursing Polaris every chance they had under the impression that little spoon was going to stay isolated.

 

You said nothing about all this. Not publicly anyway. You pals Grub and Dajobo are probably surprised you're even alive enough to offer a guilt trip when it was your own ineptness that caused this.

 

You may promise perma war, like TPF did and you saw how that worked out. The pride comes before the fall, a Spartan's poison.

 

The best thing Sparta could do at this point is be out of their misery.

 

 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Steve Buscemi said:

Further evidence that Peace Mode killed this game and was a mechanic that should've been removed long ago.

I agree with you on it being a mechanic which should have been removed for nations to switch back and forth into. It kind of makes sense for new players to start off in peace mode as they figure some stuff out, but letting nations switch back into peace mode after that we'd be better off without.

Edited by Noctis Lucis Caelum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

I don't have any reason to favor one side over the other in this war, but I think it makes sense for both sides to fight it out until either white peace or a simple surrender (without harsh terms) can be agreed upon if one side has clearly lost.

 

No.  This world was much stronger when there were harsh terms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, smurthwaite said:

No.  This world was much stronger when there were harsh terms.

I guess harsh terms are somewhat subjective, since we don't know much beyond that. Although for me harsh terms means they're not good enough to accept and the enemy would prefer to continue fighting than have peace. The alliance who accepts what they call harsh terms are at least as at fault as the ones who propose them, since they agree the terms are acceptable upon taking the offer. When terms are offered which are harsh, I would consider that a sign the enemy would prefer fighting longer before a reasonable peace can be achieved.

 

All kinds of "harsh" terms can be handed to alliances who try slipping out of a war to soon, if those alliances accept those terms there is no use complaining about them being overly harsh later. If they were, I think the alliance didn't hold out long enough before agreeing on peace, while waiting for terms they consider fair under their circumstances. For agreeing to terms they consider harsh or absurd would be largely their own doing, since terms can always change.

Edited by Noctis Lucis Caelum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Steve Buscemi said:

Further evidence that Peace Mode killed this game and was a mechanic that should've been removed long ago.

 

This post is ridiculous. Peace mode is one of the only tools for alliances on the losing side of a war. 10 vs 1 beat downs and super blocs killed this game. That and all the whiny, sniveling, cowards who are afraid to do anything but guard their pixels (looking at 3 of our allies in particular.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kerschbs said:

 

This post is ridiculous. Peace mode is one of the only tools for alliances on the losing side of a war. 10 vs 1 beat downs and super blocs killed this game. That and all the whiny, sniveling, cowards who are afraid to do anything but guard their pixels (looking at 3 of our allies in particular.) 

Not really, without peace mode alliances could just resort to other tactics. Such as hiding many of their nations among other AAs, while only keeping those ready to fight on their main. Its just with peace mode as a tool alliances can use, of course they will use it and it does drag wars out extra long.

Edited by Noctis Lucis Caelum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kerschbs said:

 

This post is ridiculous. Peace mode is one of the only tools for alliances on the losing side of a war. 10 vs 1 beat downs and super blocs killed this game. That and all the whiny, sniveling, cowards who are afraid to do anything but guard their pixels (looking at 3 of our allies in particular.) 

How did they kill the game when activity and player count were on a downwards spiral for a lot longer than that and wars were between coalitions that often half-assed  due to inactivity and failed to meet objectives? Like holy !@#$, this is the stupidest argument ever.  The game is dying because the players moved on with their lives and it's not attractive enough to newer people.  2 of the Oculus alliances disbanded even and I'm sure more will and it had nothing to do with people being bored with the politics. 

Edited by Monster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...