A Random Insanity Alliance Announcement

Mogar

10 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

What a change of fortune for NG, from being on top of the world to being threatened by what's functionally left of the Chestnut Accords, even when counting their own friends at #24 and #34.

Chestnuts? Ick. I don't want any chestnuts plox. Maybe irradiate them into almonds. Is that how genetics works?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/4/2017 at 1:26 PM, James Spanier said:

What a change of fortune for NG, from being on top of the world to being threatened by what's functionally left of the Chestnut Accords, even when counting their own friends at #24 and #34.

We were on top of the world at one point? I fear I'm unaware of this most historic time period.

But that's alright if we were and aren't any longer. Who needs to be top of the world when we have bountiful war and tears?

4 minutes ago, Erwin Schrodinger said:

We were on top of the world at one point? I fear I'm unaware of this most historic time period.

But that's alright if we were and aren't any longer. Who needs to be top of the world when we have bountiful war and tears?

I'd qualify that time right in the run-up to Equilibrium War being on top of the world, if I'm remembering things correctly. The entire war was literally crafted around NG's positions and completely fell apart for the eventual "victors" because some alliance (probably one I hate now) triggered NG. Things were downhill from there though, but only the most special of alliances king-make more than once.

5 hours ago, James Spanier said:

I'd qualify that time right in the run-up to Equilibrium War being on top of the world, if I'm remembering things correctly. The entire war was literally crafted around NG's positions and completely fell apart for the eventual "victors" because some alliance (probably one I hate now) triggered NG. Things were downhill from there though, but only the most special of alliances king-make more than once.

I remember that, Polar literally broke the world forever with their fail and aids.

6 hours ago, James Spanier said:

Pretty sure the Eq war had to do with Umbrella and NPO.

10 hours ago, Natan said:

Pretty sure the Eq war had to do with Umbrella and NPO.

As someone who was in DuckRoll high command and in direct communication with several coalition alliances I can attest that the main target was supposed to be Doom House (I can't say just Umbrella because each sphere/alliance had its own "real" target in mind, Argent's was MK) and Pacifica indeed somehow wrestled political control over the EQ side (which is why everyone hated them immediately after that war). However, there is no debate that NG was a primary consideration point daily because Pacifica and other actors on the EQ side demanded strict declaration lines be made specifically to avoid triggering NG. The entire early phases of the war were dedicated to trying to trick the Doom House side into triggering NG to join our side. There was a belief that the war couldn't be (or wouldn't be easily) won without NG on our side and there would be a massive shift in balance if they landed on the other side. Indeed that line of logic was literally screamed at the alliances who broke rank in their attacks on CnG and triggered NG.

I don't care about things that happened before I joined and are now irrelevant. Might as well talk about the Wumpus at this point.

This is the Non Grata that I joined. The one that enjoys the bawwing in this thread about #1, when it's clearly GPA that wins.

On 3/6/2017 at 0:29 PM, James Spanier said:

As someone who was in DuckRoll high command and in direct communication with several coalition alliances I can attest that the main target was supposed to be Doom House (I can't say just Umbrella because each sphere/alliance had its own "real" target in mind, Argent's was MK) and Pacifica indeed somehow wrestled political control over the EQ side (which is why everyone hated them immediately after that war). However, there is no debate that NG was a primary consideration point daily because Pacifica and other actors on the EQ side demanded strict declaration lines be made specifically to avoid triggering NG. The entire early phases of the war were dedicated to trying to trick the Doom House side into triggering NG to join our side. There was a belief that the war couldn't be (or wouldn't be easily) won without NG on our side and there would be a massive shift in balance if they landed on the other side. Indeed that line of logic was literally screamed at the alliances who broke rank in their attacks on CnG and triggered NG.

The Equilibrium coalition was a very cynical affair of a number of different groups who didn't trust one another working towards a common goal, which was toppling Doom House.  The problem is that NPO was working to establish a postwar hegemony where they would inherit C&G from DoomHouse and turn around and attack their erstwhile allies in the part of the Equilibrium Coalition not controlled by them.

It was for this reason that NPO granted C&G a free hand to counter whoever they wanted without any retaliation.  The purpose of this was to enable a dual purpose war, where C&G would be preserved intact, C&G could destroy various elements of XX and SF disliked by NPO, DoomHouse would be degraded (but not badly degraded, there was originally a strict list of who was allowed to attack MK for instance) and the biggest losers of the war would be Polar, XX and SF.

For some reason everyone assumed that the Polar, SF and XX parts would not see through this and let everyone screw us all over.  On the day that C&G was countered, NPO actually threatened to switch sides.  This is the reason the war ended relatively quickly, as the master plan of Brehon had gone straight to hell.  The relatively quick peace was to save C&G, their supposed opponents, from damage.

The cynicism of the war was such that the leaders of Equilibrium were on much better terms with most of their opponents than they were with most of their coalition allies.

Edited by Ogaden

• 2 weeks later...