Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ogaden

What is this game

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Monster said:

 

Yeah, this is what it comes down to. People warned about this 5 years ago and it's been a slow bleed. admin's response was "I didn't expect this to last six months and we still have 20k players, so don't worry and have fun."

 

People can talk all about how it's due to the current political situation, but frankly that's not the case at all and even Disorder War was basically the inactive olympics and we could see how little people already cared by then.

 

 

 

This. The state of the game isn't a result of the current political situation, the current political situation is a result of the state of the game. There's no other way to play it and it sucks for the hegemonic alliances as much as it does for the revisionist alliances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Master Hakai said:

It's admin's fault all the active appliances treatied each other. HELLO!

If a game has such a limited number of active alliances, it's an indictment of its ability to retain interest and you have a very liberal definition of active of here. I would say it's a single digit number of alliances that are active and not on the high end of single digits. The point is, the game was going in this direction independently of any political set-up and every major war including the biggest ones usually saw massive declines in player count, which contradicts the whole narrative.  I'm sorry people aren't as willing to spend hours on end marshaling coalitions of inactives  as in the past in a game where most veteran players stopped caring years ago and there was no one to replace them, which is the bigger issue. Most alliances have skeleton crews in gov now. The entitlement people have here to dynamic politics when there is barely any general activity in the game is puzzling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monster said:

The point is, the game was going in this direction independently of any political set-up and every major war including the biggest ones usually saw massive declines in player count, which contradicts the whole narrative.

 

This is a good point in itself. Wars are a big investment in time and resources, and most players have other things to do with their lives. There's a line between a politically necessary war, and a conflict started for idiotic reasons only relevant to the feelings of a handful of people. There comes a point when many players will chose to just quit rather than deal with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's honestly surprising enough that people are still registering for the game. I couldn't imagine ever selling tech for a year just to get a FAC and a DRA. The only real shot at nation growth in this game is to spend $60-120 in donations a month and just get 9 mil and 100 tech delivered to you every round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Believland said:

It's honestly surprising enough that people are still registering for the game. I couldn't imagine ever selling tech for a year just to get a FAC and a DRA. The only real shot at nation growth in this game is to spend $60-120 in donations a month and just get 9 mil and 100 tech delivered to you every round. 

 

There's lots of new people still playing, but it takes alot of energy to keep them safe from predatory bullies who grief them with upper tier wonder and improvement builds. One way to help is to pay people good rates for tech, like 6/100.

Edited by Immortan Junka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, magicninja said:

Oh Danny boy.....the pipes the pipes are calling...

 

True story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

 

There's lots of new people still playing, but it takes alot of energy to keep them safe from predatory bullies who grief them with upper tier wonder and improvement builds. One way to help is to pay people good rates for tech, like 6/100.

And what happens when they have to start buying tech?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Believland said:

And what happens when they have to start buying tech?

 

I turned the game upside down... I enjoy being a perma-seller and lower-tier security expert. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily reminder that CN has zero active mods left. Time to turn out the lights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Caustic said:

Daily reminder that CN has zero active mods left. Time to turn out the lights.

The lights are already out, the electric bill was never paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Believland said:

It's honestly surprising enough that people are still registering for the game. I couldn't imagine ever selling tech for a year just to get a FAC and a DRA. The only real shot at nation growth in this game is to spend $60-120 in donations a month and just get 9 mil and 100 tech delivered to you every round. 

 

I don't believe there are new people registering for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have known that the game is heading towards the abyss for some time now. Darkness descends and the rogues rise up to destroy us, the only question is who will stand for the light..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2017 at 8:27 PM, Monster said:

If a game has such a limited number of active alliances, it's an indictment of its ability to retain interest and you have a very liberal definition of active of here. I would say it's a single digit number of alliances that are active and not on the high end of single digits. The point is, the game was going in this direction independently of any political set-up and every major war including the biggest ones usually saw massive declines in player count, which contradicts the whole narrative.  I'm sorry people aren't as willing to spend hours on end marshaling coalitions of inactives  as in the past in a game where most veteran players stopped caring years ago and there was no one to replace them, which is the bigger issue. Most alliances have skeleton crews in gov now. The entitlement people have here to dynamic politics when there is barely any general activity in the game is puzzling.

I've never worried too much about alliance politics or cared about CN in general, I just observe what is happening and make little one liner comments about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10 April 2017 at 4:25 PM, Believland said:

It's honestly surprising enough that people are still registering for the game. I couldn't imagine ever selling tech for a year just to get a FAC and a DRA. The only real shot at nation growth in this game is to spend $60-120 in donations a month and just get 9 mil and 100 tech delivered to you every round. 

Perhaps if people are in alliances with no guidance, selling tech at crap rates, then they can do far better than that.

 

I average 1 wonder every 24.5 days, even with a slow start, I have spent a bit of my own money on the game, but no great amount, and I have received $2.265 million per package of technology sent (on top of this I have sent out a not insignificant amount of cash).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ALFERALFER said:

 

491 DAYS OLD

29 20 WONDERS

 

1 EVERY 16.9 24.55 DAYS.

 

29 20 WONDERS * 30 DAYS  = 870 600 DAYS.

 

HOW MANY $30'S DID IT TAKE YOU TO SHAVE OFF 279 109 DAYS?

 

 

$30.00 $10,000,000 Money
600 Infrastructure
600 Land Miles
60 Technology
Wonder purchased date reset
Resource changed date reset
+20 To All XP Levels

 

 

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Galerion said:

 

Fixed.

Thanks for saving his post.

 

2 hours ago, ALFERALFER said:

oops

Incorrect on 2 counts:

1. I didn't buy a wonder 30 days in, in fact I think I was like 80 days in (slow start as I said), so it was actually 200 days.

2. By and large weren't my $30's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2017 at 0:34 PM, Immortan Junka said:

 

There's lots of new people still playing, but it takes alot of energy to keep them safe from predatory bullies who grief them with upper tier wonder and improvement builds. One way to help is to pay people good rates for tech, like 6/100.

This. 

New people need a leg up to keep them active initially.  And politics, wars and intrigue to keep them going. I fully support 6/100 tech and players that put up the FAC I reward with 9mil/100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily reminder that not a single mod has yet been seen and CN is dead as $%&@. RIP sweet prince.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even i've been inactive for large swaths of the last like 3 years and what kind of life do i have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×