Imperial Decree from the New Parasol Order

3 minutes ago, Chopin said:

having both GATO and SLAP hit us is pretty unfair dontcha think

And we only have 19 nations anyway

Should've just left it to NG and Nord. Oops can't forget TLR. They have enough numbers and NS.

If it was just between us and those alliances, it would've been a fun fight on both ends. Now you guys are all making it super one-sided.

Heck, why not just get every single alliance in the game involved

Those tears go here and here. We're making OG go boom.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Chopin said:

having both GATO and SLAP hit us is pretty unfair dontcha think

And we only have 19 nations anyway

Should've just left it to NG and Nord. Oops can't forget TLR. They have enough numbers and NS.

If it was just between us and those alliances, it would've been a fun fight on both ends. Now you guys are all making it super one-sided.

Heck, why not just get every single alliance in the game involved

lol - CN wars haven't been fair since the Great Wars' era.

Just now, Terekhov said:

tell me about the great wars

cuz I think I just stayed out of all the wars for like 5 years

And then when I check strong alliances, WTF has weakened considerably, and there is some dudes called Doombird Doomcave, and NpO got destroyed, etc etc

Some major alliances I knew of weren't so big anymore

what happened?

3 hours ago, eejack said:

I don't find that to be true...Non Grata felt that even though Nordreich had like a 4 to 1 advantage that they should defend their friends - hard not to respect the sentiment. Calling in some large alliances completely unrelated to the conflict to counter a 15 nation alliance is a bit over the top but it is not really a surprise.

460ish vs 15 are rather long odds I guess.

I have been there and felt that. But some alliances just like the extra security in case should they somehow start losing you know.

1 minute ago, Terekhov said:

Just because they have doesn't mean there easily couldn't be far more evensided conflicts, but that would mean actually engaging in real politics.

2 minutes ago, Chopin said:

And how exactly will the war end? 

like, it will conclude on what condition

cuz now that it's gotten kind of big, i regret joining

I don't know. 

Why regret joining? Were you not made aware of the odds before? Regardless, honoring the MDoAP would be the right move. Also like DeathAdder said,  this isn't an Avalanche thread.

1 minute ago, Chopin said:

And then when I check strong alliances, WTF has weakened considerably, and there is some dudes called Doombird Doomcave, and NpO got destroyed, etc etc

what happened?

Non Grata happened...:smug:

Just now, Monster said:

I don't know. 

Why regret joining? Were you not made aware of the odds before? Regardless, honoring the MDoAP would be the right move. Also like DeathAdder said,  this isn't an Avalanche thread.

Nope. I only knew that we had certain targets that seemed fine, and I didn't know all these other people would get in on it.

Just now, Monster said:

I don't know. 

It's not necessarily the right move if the terms are exceptionally harsh for their allies and they are stuck at war for months with a relatively small playerbase as it is, no.

1 minute ago, Mogar said:

It's not necessarily the right move if the terms are exceptionally harsh for their allies and they are stuck at war for months with a relatively small playerbase as it is, no.

Life isn't fair.  If it was I'd be above 30m casualties :(

As an old school player just enjoying some popcorn in the twilight of CN I would like to point out some irony here. Some of the early internal drama of The Citadel was certain allies that seemed to want to be a part of the big gangbangs of small weaker guys. OG looking at you. Now you are on the receiving end of it. I don't know if the members are even at all the same, but just from a complete non personal perspective, it's ironic.

Edited by MaineGOP

8 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Wars lasting for months has been a thing for over half a decade. Not sure what you mean by exceptionally harsh. In the wars Oculus has fought, the terms haven't really been particularly punitive.  I mean, a lot of people have had a few years without any wars at all, so I'm sure they'll be able to go back to whatever it is what they were doing in good time.

1 minute ago, Monster said:

Wars lasting for months has been a thing for over half a decade. Not sure what you mean by exceptionally harsh. In the wars Oculus has fought, the terms haven't really been particularly punitive.  I mean, a lot of people have had a few years without any wars at all, so I'm sure they'll be able to go back to whatever it is what they were doing in good time.

War lasting for months is why we have a battlestar galactica style counter thread, there is no purpose for any war beyond a hypothetical Oculus vs GPA or  two of IRON/NPO/Umb rolling one of the three, nobody else has a top tier that needs to be shredded down beyond them and the odd man out in a random alliance.

2 hours ago, Liltrekkie said:

You obviously missed the "lets keep this between maroon" 

Does Umbrella not respect NG's wishes? 

Or is Umbrella calling the shots?

Yes, Umbrella is calling the shots. More specifically, I am calling the shots. Thank you for participating in my Westworld inspired power trip.

Every independent alliance should have an active government, high tech ratios, and train their members to EMP turtle and preserve resources. An alliance is like a castle, if it is well disciplined then, while a war can still be lost, it can also be a pyrrhic victory for aggressors. An alliance trained to defend against sieges can hold out for a long time and simply bore attackers to death while raiding lower tier tech production.

Complaining about the numerical superiority of the enemy is pointless and weak. Only the legality and validity of the Casus Belli should be considered, and the legality of oA chaining is precedented going back at least to the Disorder War.

Edited by Immortan Junka

3 hours ago, Chopin said:

I hate all of you maroons..

I read this post too fast at first. *sigh*

3 hours ago, Chopin said:

what happened?

Once upon a time, the former Doom-Sphere and NPO were enemies. Now they have treaties by several links. The end?

I know, the world of today is hard to recognize. It's a question I'm still trying to answer myself.

And how exactly will the war end? 

like, it will conclude on what condition

cuz now that it's gotten kind of big, i regret joining

Our side will win. Yours will lose. I doubt these moves would have been made without that certainty. The more you see this as power-politics and not as something personal, the easier things will be.