A Maroon Announcement

Mogar

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Caustic said:

Discussion is difficult when unknown entities within TTK refused to mask a standing triumvir of NG... After that I just stopped trying.

Hi Caustic

I kinda remember that, as I was TTK gov at the time, but I had to got into our archive to refresh my memory as it was three years ago and actually pre-dated OBHF.

19th March 2014 three NG members applied for a Diplomat mask on TTK’s forum:

Erwin Schrodinger (Triumvir)

dane0 (Advisor)

Caustic (Advisor)

[ranks taken from the info given at sign-in]

Erwin Schrodinger and dane0 were masked and had an embassy set up within 24 hours.

However there was much gov-level discussion about your application.

When you signed up at our boards one of the things you agreed to was “Always remember to respect the other members of this board” and some felt that your topic header of “Mask me !@#$%*es; Non Grata is better than you” did not meet this

One of our gov contacted you on IRC to explain, and suggested that you could be masked if you changed your wording – which you did. However you then had a discussion with another TTK gov member on IRC where it was decided that the other guys would handle the diplo job.

Erwin Schrodinger went on to make 5 more posts on our forum. dane0 (appropriately enough) made 0.

The only detail I can’t verify (maybe you can help :) ) is whether I was still an active diplo on the NG forums at this point. I know I registered there at the start of one of our wars, and settled in for quite a while. I remember a lot of robust fun in the spam and discussion areas

All in all an interesting start, representing as it did our culture clash between what you in those IRC chats described as “NG styled humor” and TTK’s theme of knightly honour and respect. However, for all that it was talked through and solutions were proposed and accepted, so there were promising signs.

9 minutes ago, Mandystalin said:

Hi Caustic

I kinda remember that, as I was TTK gov at the time, but I had to got into our archive to refresh my memory as it was three years ago and actually pre-dated OBHF.

19th March 2014 three NG members applied for a Diplomat mask on TTK’s forum:

Erwin Schrodinger (Triumvir)

dane0 (Advisor)

Caustic (Advisor)

[ranks taken from the info given at sign-in]

Erwin Schrodinger and dane0 were masked and had an embassy set up within 24 hours.

However there was much gov-level discussion about your application.

When you signed up at our boards one of the things you agreed to was “Always remember to respect the other members of this board” and some felt that your topic header of “Mask me !@#$%*es; Non Grata is better than you” did not meet this

One of our gov contacted you on IRC to explain, and suggested that you could be masked if you changed your wording – which you did. However you then had a discussion with another TTK gov member on IRC where it was decided that the other guys would handle the diplo job.

Erwin Schrodinger went on to make 5 more posts on our forum. dane0 (appropriately enough) made 0.

The only detail I can’t verify (maybe you can help :) ) is whether I was still an active diplo on the NG forums at this point. I know I registered there at the start of one of our wars, and settled in for quite a while. I remember a lot of robust fun in the spam and discussion areas

All in all an interesting start, representing as it did our culture clash between what you in those IRC chats described as “NG styled humor” and TTK’s theme of knightly honour and respect. However, for all that it was talked through and solutions were proposed and accepted, so there were promising signs.

#fakenews

9 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

Hi Caustic

I kinda remember that, as I was TTK gov at the time, but I had to got into our archive to refresh my memory as it was three years ago 

Three years of holding a grudge on Planet Bob before doing something about it is right in time.  NG might even be a little early.

On 16/02/2017 at 0:34 PM, Abshire said:

This was a long time coming, and brought about by a number of issues. 

So given your DoW, we now realise that these heinous issues were:

1) Not voting for NG Senators

2) Still being on Maroon

3) Continuing to exist

8 minutes ago, Mandystalin said:

So given your DoW, we now realise that these heinous issues were:

1) Not voting for NG Senators

2) Still being on Maroon

3) Continuing to exist

They are very heinous, don't you think they are heinous, they seem pretty heinous to me...

1 hour ago, Northern Empire said:

Let's be honest,,, just an excuse to end the treaty so war can happen a bit more cleanly,, 

great news, been awhile since the last time i made folks glow. 

You can be my flashlight baby...  you can kiss away the pain, we can be in anarchy forever. Your nukes wash the darkness away...