Jump to content

One year anniversary of our Love of NPO


HailSatan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Every time I see this "Brother in Arms" on the aid reason, I know it wasn't a tech trade. That is a win in my book.  

 

Although a close second is seeing a new nation complain about getting attacked and knowing that the great NPO can't protect them from it. Which is usually the reason new nations pick the #1 alliance for protection and wealth.

 

Fun left this place a long time ago and one year ago for TPF, we brought it back for us, what will you do? 

 

Till the last dollar/dong whatever, it will be spent raping the lower tiers of NPO.  

 

And have a nice day... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/16/2017 at 9:36 PM, Caliph said:

Well even NPO sat down and took a few for the team.  

NPO didn't come knocking until much more recently, after Oculus.

 

And the allies that Bones and co were supposed to have?  Bones cancelled the treaties himself, at least was the case in DBDC when he cancelled our MD treaty.  Bones created that situation, not DBDC, and its why DBDC still has an upper tier and SPATR doesn't.  

 

DBDC helped make the upper tier situation and has treaties with most of Oculus, so the only bad t hing is there just aren't that many targets in the upper tier anymore for DBDC to raid since a lot are in Oculus or Oculus allies.


Well I being an ex-member of DK always felt that the ties between Bone and DBDC was a lot closer than any treaty, clearly on that I was mistaken.

But I guess you cleared one of the main question, even you believe NPO has the power to take out all of DBDC, maybe that wouldnt have been the case if "friends" struck together but they are so quick to run from NPO and co, I mean look how quickly DBDC allied to NPO/Oculus, even when the paper mill painted you are the biggest threat to NPO you was busy behind closed doors making treaties to protect what you have.

Edited by Devialance
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Devialance said:


Well I being an ex-member of DK always felt that the ties between Bone and DBDC was a lot closer than any treaty, clearly on that I was mistaken.

But I guess you cleared one of the main question, even you believe NPO has the power to take out all of DBDC, maybe that wouldnt have been the case if "friends" struck together but they are so quick to run from NPO and co, I mean look how quickly DBDC allied to NPO/Oculus, even when the paper mill painted you are the biggest threat to NPO you was busy behind closed doors making treaties to protect what you have.

DBDC and NPO never had a treaty and do not today.  Doom Kingdom and NPO had a PIAT.  As you know, DK is no longer around. 

 

In terms of Oculus,  DBDC made all of their treaties with the current Oculus alliances from before Oculus existed and as far as I know before there was even talk of Oculus forming.  Many were signed before the Doom war.   Also as far as I know, DBDC never dropped a treaty once they signed one (and I only say as far as I know because I haven't checked in with Cuba much in 2017).

 

If you really want to discuss what happened with DBDC/DK catch me on Discord or #slack some weekend and we can talk about it to the extent that I'm not betraying any confidences.  There is a great deal that is public though, if people look. 

 

In terms of Bones,  his alliance dropped the treaty, not DBDC.  And even then some individual DBDC members chose to go and fight for Bones regardless.

 

 

Edited by White Chocolate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HailSatan said:

Every time I see this "Brother in Arms" on the aid reason, I know it wasn't a tech trade. That is a win in my book.  

 

Although a close second is seeing a new nation complain about getting attacked and knowing that the great NPO can't protect them from it. Which is usually the reason new nations pick the #1 alliance for protection and wealth.

 

Fun left this place a long time ago and one year ago for TPF, we brought it back for us, what will you do? 

 

Till the last dollar/dong whatever, it will be spent raping the lower tiers of NPO.  

 

And have a nice day... 

And the lower tiers will gladly get aid bombed to help fight. :D I know I speak for many when I say war is fine, but chasing away new players for something they did not intend to get involved in and where they cannot fight back due to lack of wonders is just dirty and deserves no respect.

Edited by Mastertygon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Devialance said:


Well I being an ex-member of DK always felt that the ties between Bone and DBDC was a lot closer than any treaty, clearly on that I was mistaken.

But I guess you cleared one of the main question, even you believe NPO has the power to take out all of DBDC, maybe that wouldnt have been the case if "friends" struck together but they are so quick to run from NPO and co, I mean look how quickly DBDC allied to NPO/Oculus, even when the paper mill painted you are the biggest threat to NPO you was busy behind closed doors making treaties to protect what you have.

DBDC had already treatied most of the alliances that became Oculus long before Oculus was a thing.  Oculus's creationg changed none of DBDC's treaties.  In fact DBDC's raids cleared out the upper tiers so alliances that became Oculus became even more dominant in the upper tiers.  You could say DBDC made Oculus what it is today.

 

Bones had friends in DBDC, this is true, but the MDP treaty between SPATR and DBDC was cancelled by Spatr, and thus no official obligatory treaty existed between Bones and DBDC.  His ties with individuals caused people to join Mongols during the war, but those were individual ties, not official alliance ones.  You'll note DBDC still exists today with an upper tier, and Mongols and Spatr had their upper tiers destroyed.

 

Edited by Caliph
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Us few souls have managed  dish around 4 million NS of damage to NPO, almost 20 percent of what NPO currently possesses, that's growth they didn't get to enjoy. We've forced thousands and thousands of tech to have to be purchased twice. We've forced aid slots to go 10 days and not be fulfilled with tech delivery, causing the cycle to start over. We've forced aid slots to go to fund battle and not be used to fund or send tech. We've caused nation after nation to go broke. Seeing them go from hundreds of millions of dollars to near zero after many rounds of war. There might not ever be enough left on the planet to stop the top of NPO but there's enough to make the bottom untenable.

 

 I am personally almost out of the fray, but we have several who have many more billions to spend if they choose to do so. Not too bad for a handful of nations under 10k for the most part against the most powerful alliance in the game. Plus the sheer freedom of  not caring about anything other than destroying as much as you can before you turn out the lights has made for the best time I've had in the decade I've been here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, leeguy said:

 

We'll hump it raw then.

 

Had TPF Gov decided instead to put the work into taking advantage of that situation, you might have actually done something in the last year worth talking about. Instead you pissed away nearly a decade of effort by some of the most loyal people I've ever seen. By all means, get your jollies in however you like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lady Red said:

 

Had TPF Gov decided instead to put the work into taking advantage of that situation, you might have actually done something in the last year worth talking about. Instead you pissed away nearly a decade of effort by some of the most loyal people I've ever seen. By all means, get your jollies in however you like.

Yes, there is so much to be accomplished around here.  I'm one of those loyal people, as are others that remain.  Loyalty wasn't an issue on our side of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Link Gaetz said:

Yes, there is so much to be accomplished around here.  I'm one of those loyal people, as are others that remain.  Loyalty wasn't an issue on our side of things.

 

I'm well aware.  Apathy though.  Gov laziness.  Those were factors.  I'm just extremely disappointed in the TPF swansong. It's possible I never mentally left 2009, but I always thought you'd make more of a dent on your way out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Lady Red said:

 

I'm well aware.  Apathy though.  Gov laziness.  Those were factors.  I'm just extremely disappointed in the TPF swansong. It's possible I never mentally left 2009, but I always thought you'd make more of a dent on your way out. 

The swansong of this entire place is disappointing.  Given our numbers, I think we're making a decent dent, but I'm really not sure what we could do to make more of a dent.  Nobody is make much of a dent these days, despite some folks having lots of tech, etc.  I'd rather go out the way we did than just put up an announcement and that's the end.  Of course in the last MI6 curbstomp when NPO was all over TPF, we lost most of our nation strength.  I dropped a good 20k tech plus myself to NPO almost exclusively.  Didn't see a reason to spend the time to rebuild 20k tech to be curbstomped again by our old ally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Link Gaetz said:

The swansong of this entire place is disappointing.  Given our numbers, I think we're making a decent dent, but I'm really not sure what we could do to make more of a dent.  Nobody is make much of a dent these days, despite some folks having lots of tech, etc.  I'd rather go out the way we did than just put up an announcement and that's the end.  Of course in the last MI6 curbstomp when NPO was all over TPF, we lost most of our nation strength.  I dropped a good 20k tech plus myself to NPO almost exclusively.  Didn't see a reason to spend the time to rebuild 20k tech to be curbstomped again by our old ally. 

 

No, I wouldn't have either.  Had your gov done the work though, you might not have been alone, and it could have been a real fight rather then whatever you think this is.   I seem to remember another AA, long ago, about to get curbstomped by mathematically impossible odds, all of a sudden pull support from a mass of angry NS, and combined with some stupid misteps on the opposing end, set into motion the toppling of entire power structure of the world.   It was work though.  Doesn't look like people much care for work these days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lady Red said:

 

No, I wouldn't have either.  Had your gov done the work though, you might not have been alone, and it could have been a real fight rather then whatever you think this is.   I seem to remember another AA, long ago, about to get curbstomped by mathematically impossible odds, all of a sudden pull support from a mass of angry NS, and combined with some stupid misteps on the opposing end, set into motion the toppling of entire power structure of the world.   It was work though.  Doesn't look like people much care for work these days. 

The problem is by doing any sort of "work" as you call it, you're automatically painting a target on your back, it is not as though people will let you become a threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogar said:

The problem is by doing any sort of "work" as you call it, you're automatically painting a target on your back, it is not as though people will let you become a threat.

 

It's not a new problem.  People figured it out then, could have figured it out a year ago, and could still figure it out now.  Find a new excuse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lady Red said:

 

It's not a new problem.  People figured it out then, could have figured it out a year ago, and could still figure it out now.  Find a new excuse. 

It is a lot more work than anyone around here seems willing to put in, let along a relatively small alliance like TPF, so your criticism isn't really anything to do with TPF, but of everyone.  And we do live in very different times now where the majority of this place is tightly aligned, which wasn't the case in the past you are speaking of.  I don't see what you speak of a a very viable possibility, but theoretically it could be tried.  If that's your concern with TPF, I'm fine with that.  We're enjoying fading away and getting a little payback for things we see needing payback.  That's more than I see most folks getting who depart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always felt good about pummeling enemy tech production during wartime, but only as a defensive effort. I don't think it's particularly honorable to engage in this type of warfare as part of a long-term offensive war. 

 

When you're no longer existing in order to build, grow, and produce, what really separates you from a rogue?

Edited by Immortan Junka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Immortan Junka I think you're assuming a couple things: 1. That TPF even pretends to be anything but a rogue at this point and 2. That growth is the only reason to exist. 

 

The NPO machine will continue to weather the remainder of TPF, gathering valuable training and military men in the process. If they cared to avoid TPF, they could always just form a farm alliance. That they don't speaks to the actual impact that TPF has. But if it keeps guys around and selling, even to non-NPO alliances, let them have their fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

@Immortan Junka I think you're assuming a couple things: 1. That TPF even pretends to be anything but a rogue at this point and 2. That growth is the only reason to exist. 

 

The NPO machine will continue to weather the remainder of TPF, gathering valuable training and military men in the process. If they cared to avoid TPF, they could always just form a farm alliance. That they don't speaks to the actual impact that TPF has. But if it keeps guys around and selling, even to non-NPO alliances, let them have their fun.

 

I'd be happy to discuss philosophy and the purpose of existence in this world, but I hardly want to distract from TPF's "glory" here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

 

I'd be happy to discuss philosophy and the purpose of existence in this world, but I hardly want to distract from TPF's "glory" here.

Truth is that there will always be winners and losers. If it takes a grudge to keep losers here, why judge them for it? Judge them by their stated goals, not by some standard that doesn't even apply to them.

 

If growth is all that matters, then the rest of us should let NPO, IRON, and DBDC have the world and wander off to do other things. If culture and relationships (even negative) matter, then there's a reason to stick around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh I tried to stretch out diplomatically. I was mostly met with inactivity or disinterest. It was only MI6 that was regularly active, and it was refreshing. 

 

But what you're talking about Red is no longer possible. All alliances are interconnected in some way. And it would probably take years (due to inactivity) to get all the alliances needed together to topple oculus. I'm not willing to put that time in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 2/17/2017 at 11:34 PM, Vol Navy said:

Us few souls have managed  dish around 4 million NS of damage to NPO, almost 20 percent of what NPO currently possesses, that's growth they didn't get to enjoy. We've forced thousands and thousands of tech to have to be purchased twice. We've forced aid slots to go 10 days and not be fulfilled with tech delivery, causing the cycle to start over. We've forced aid slots to go to fund battle and not be used to fund or send tech. We've caused nation after nation to go broke. Seeing them go from hundreds of millions of dollars to near zero after many rounds of war. There might not ever be enough left on the planet to stop the top of NPO but there's enough to make the bottom untenable.

 

 I am personally almost out of the fray, but we have several who have many more billions to spend if they choose to do so. Not too bad for a handful of nations under 10k for the most part against the most powerful alliance in the game. Plus the sheer freedom of  not caring about anything other than destroying as much as you can before you turn out the lights has made for the best time I've had in the decade I've been here. 

All your effort is much appreciated. Y'all aren't the only ones having fun!

Edited by Terekhov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2017 at 8:49 PM, leeguy said:

But what you're talking about Red is no longer possible. All alliances are interconnected in some way. And it would probably take years (due to inactivity) to get all the alliances needed together to topple oculus. I'm not willing to put that time in.

 

By my best recollection, it took about a year and a half for Q to fall, all of that time people used these exact same arguments. I've bolded the only part of your argument that mattered then. It's also the only bit that matters now.  

 

As an aside, it's also should have been the reason for the cancellation thread NPO should have done back in 2013.   

 

Basically, what I'm saying is... Your war effort is pathetic. You're tarnishing an AA I had a stupid amount of respect for, long past when it was due.  And since you have no intention of actually doing anything that would actually make a difference, you should disband while you at least have the rest of your members convinced of their moral superiority. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lady Red said:

 

By my best recollection, it took about a year and a half for Q to fall, all of that time people used these exact same arguments. I've bolded the only part of your argument that mattered then. It's also the only bit that matters now.  

 

As an aside, it's also should have been the reason for the cancellation thread NPO should have done back in 2013.   

 

Basically, what I'm saying is... Your war effort is pathetic. You're tarnishing an AA I had a stupid amount of respect for, long past when it was due.  And since you have no intention of actually doing anything that would actually make a difference, you should disband while you at least have the rest of your members convinced of their moral superiority. 

You're still stuck in 2009. Oculus would have to cannibalize itself for anyone to get anywhere, and even then there would still probably be nothing because no Oculus alliances like to fight. This place has been stagnant for three or four years now and no one wants to do anything. 

 

At least TPF is having fun doing what they're doing. How many people can actually say that still?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...