Quasi-Imperial Statement from the New Sith Order

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ivan Moldavi said:

So is it just me or is this pretty boring? 

It's extremely boring.

Gone are the days when war actually mattered because it was a race to the top.

My recommendations for a fun war are screen shotting active governments for embarrassment, planning secret treaties, back dooring wars to get the delicious responses, publicly calling for disbandment.

There needs to be spice added into it or it will be bland.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

How's this war going then. Are Legion an inactive shell shedding tech and infra with no answer to the onslaught of the Sith or are were they a sleeping giant that are systematically crushing their smaller opponent? Something in between these 2 extremes? 

What's going on, I can't be bothered to look at any war screens. Someone put some stats up. And comics.

12 minutes ago, Sabcat said:

How's this war going then. Are Legion an inactive shell shedding tech and infra with no answer to the onslaught of the Sith or are were they a sleeping giant that are systematically crushing their smaller opponent? Something in between these 2 extremes? 

What's going on, I can't be bothered to look at any war screens. Someone put some stats up. And comics.

Obviously somewhere between the 2 extremes.

I mean here are the stats, but some of the numbers don't seem to add up, so I'm not sure if it is 100% accurate.

https://cybernations.lyricalz.com/alliance-damage-compare?alliance1=The+Legion&alliance2=New+Sith+Order&start=2017-01-01&end=2017-01-27

At the bottom the Sith seem to have more war wonders, and so on an individual basis are quite well off, of course Legion has a huge numbers advantage there, and so as a result is filling almost all of NSO's slots below 20k.

NSO initially had higher tech nations, but in the course of declaring 4 wars at once this has obviously changed, and now NSO is out of the 30k+ tech range. However because NSO's nations declared on all of the Legion's top 4 prewar it means that for the beginning of round 2 they will be fighting weaker nations until the Legion guys from round 1 get out of anarchy.

In terms of staggers 2 Sith that took part in round 1 are now in PM, joining 5 who were already there. I notice another NSO guy who is neither in PM or at war with anyone, but he has only 1 defensive war total this war, so not really a big problem.

The top 10 most destructive wars between them are currently 5:5.

Since the war started NSO has dropped more than 1 million NS, Legion ~600 thousand, but not sure how much of both of those include members going inactive, and of course NSO would likely have been more militarised beforehand, so naturally would have a greater NS drop anyway.

So yeah, not too uneven in terms of damages, although of course as a percentage of total strength NSO is losing badly.

NSO is ultimately going to end up with a numbers advantage, probably in the 20k range, and then they will beat on the 50% of legion in range while the other 50% watches helplessly.

Unless a bunch of legion guys sell down to hit NSO, which costs more than war damage in some cases, so still a win for NSO?

4 minutes ago, berbers said:

Unless a bunch of legion guys sell down to hit NSO, which costs more than war damage in some cases, so still a win for NSO?

Especially with this being our finale .. Rebuliding costs aren't a factor to us - but Legion will be recovering till Holy Admin smites the binary earth our soldiers are buried in.

5 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

It's extremely boring.

Gone are the days when war actually mattered because it was a race to the top.

My recommendations for a fun war are screen shotting active governments for embarrassment, planning secret treaties, back dooring wars to get the delicious responses, publicly calling for disbandment.

There needs to be spice added into it or it will be bland.

I call for Legion to disband.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Especially with this being our finale .. Rebuliding costs aren't a factor to us - but Legion will be recovering till Holy Admin smites the binary earth our soldiers are buried in.

I don't doubt for a second that you could do that but are you really going to? I mean do you not think you'll be bored with fighting Legion within a month, 2 tops?

1 minute ago, Sabcat said:

I don't doubt for a second that you could do that but are you really going to? I mean do you not think you'll be bored with fighting Legion within a month, 2 tops?

Perhaps. But we're fighting, at least. We won't be bored as sitting around collecting taxes and (not) doing tech deals till the end arrives. We get to clicky-clicky a dozen times a day instead of 2 or 3 clicks a day.

1 minute ago, Rayvon said:

Perhaps. But we're fighting, at least. We won't be bored as sitting around collecting taxes and (not) doing tech deals till the end arrives. We get to clicky-clicky a dozen times a day instead of 2 or 3 clicks a day.

That's what I always think...war is fun. Until I'm at war and then 3 days later I'm bored of having to keep looking at my nation more than once a week.

6 minutes ago, Sabcat said:

With my current warchest, which is probably the lowest in RIA besides shadowslayer's, I could likely be at war for the entirety of this year and still have money left over, we've long since past the point where war damage besides tech actually matters to 90% of the population left.

1 minute ago, Mogar said:

With my current warchest, which is probably the lowest in RIA besides shadowslayer's, I could likely be at war for the entirety of this year and still have money left over, we've long since past the point where war damage besides tech actually matters to 90% of the population left.

True enough (although personally I've got less than 2billion) but it's not the money that I'm questioning, it's being bothered to carry out a protracted war that's been picked at random because of the feelings of Ivan Moldavi who's not been around for half a decade and has said he's bored already.

3 minutes ago, Sabcat said:

True enough (although personally I've got less than 2billion) but it's not the money that I'm questioning, it's being bothered to carry out a protracted war that's been picked at random because of the feelings of Ivan Moldavi who's not been around for half a decade and has said he's bored already.

It wasn't picked at random because of the feelings of Ivan Moldavi. He, along with many others, was invited back -- and he, being him, was given the honour of making our final post.

1 hour ago, berbers said:

NSO is ultimately going to end up with a numbers advantage, probably in the 20k range, and then they will beat on the 50% of legion in range while the other 50% watches helplessly.

Well I would say a bit above 20k, based on what I have seen in other wars the rate of tech loss seems to have slowed drastically when nations are around 5-10k tech, so Legion is likely to have a significant number of strong nations fighting against them in the 30-40k range if this does on for long enough.

Of course the other problem seems to be none of the NSO guys are buying much infra and are burning through their military, so Legion will be dealing with guys who are nearly 100% tech.

18 minutes ago, Joe Stupid said:

My SDI has been incredibly useless this war.

I feel your pain.

7 minutes ago, Sabcat said:

They aren't Mongols or Berbers, I very much doubt it, most players wouldn't, why would most players want to? I certainly wouldn't fight for more than a couple of months unless I had a damn good reason, which they really don't; going "out with a bang" on Bob is a lot more exciting than it sounds.

On the subject of long wars kudos to the 7 TPF guys still actively fighting nearly 12 months after it started.

8 minutes ago, Sabcat said:

That's what I always think...war is fun. Until I'm at war and then 3 days later I'm bored of having to keep looking at my nation more than once a week.

It really depends IMO, but if you are definitely intending on quitting and don't have a lot of motivation then a long war would certainly bore one quickly.

Fighting a long war tends to come down to membership motivation; looking at the war screens Legion has managed a really impressive counterattack.

If Monster Mash is any model of how to fight a war against a drop down force, then Legion is keeping its allies in reserve to contain the initial damage, then mop up the lower-tier.

Rebel Virginia, the master of very fine words, raconteur extrordinare, the one who regales all who will listen to his tales of military prowess has decided that Peace Mode is the best option for him, having in the space of seven short days fallen from a pre war NS of 114.6k to 71.6k.

I can't wait to hear how he spins this as some glorious personal victory on the field of battle.

To answer your earlier question Sabcat, who is winning and who is losing?

In terms of raw NS; NSO have lost more than The Legion, but it is likely to even up in due course.

The NSO top tier will have an advantage of huge warchests and wonders as they are knocked down into our 15-35k tier, which is when things will get interesting.

I speak personally and not on behalf of the alliance although I know that there are other individuals who feel the same - I would like to thank NSO for the DOW.

It has made things a little interesting within the alliance and is giving us some entertainment.

There is no love lost between Legion and NSO - but many of their leaders of nations have been on planet bob for many years so we have a shared interest in the past and if they have decided as an alliance that The Legion will be their final swan song then that is something for us to take some pride in and I personally wish them well for their future on Bob should they chose another alliance, even though I do not wish them well on the field of battle. I intend to give them what they seek and would encourage RV to engage on the field of battle once more for glory awaits.

On 2017-01-28 at 2:53 AM, Regent Pancras said:

Rebel Virginia, the master of very fine words, raconteur extrordinare, the one who regales all who will listen to his tales of military prowess has decided that Peace Mode is the best option for him, having in the space of seven short days fallen from a pre war NS of 114.6k to 71.6k.

He was in nuclear anarchy (as in, can't declare war) at the time you guys let him slip into dove. He has since switched back to Communist. I would expect to see him declare wars once his peace mode timer is up.