Official LPC Announcement

Sephiroth

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rayvon said:

It's Meth and Junka. You knew this before you posted.

The difference between Methrage and myself is I said Animalz is free to separate from us and align with Methrage if they wanted to. Methrage, on the other hand, has Animalz attacked for not recognizing him as "Sovereign."

I've always believed in voluntary, mutually beneficial relationships. So tell me who between us is more libertarian.

I wasn't defining either as more libertarian than the other -- only that the pair of you are quite dense from the get-go.

But if I had to - I'd definitely define him as more libertarian. You put your authoritarian stamp on everything you do. "Supreme" Triumvir. 

2 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

I wasn't defining either as more libertarian than the other -- only that the pair of you are quite dense from the get-go.

But if I had to - I'd definitely define him as more libertarian. You put your authoritarian stamp on everything you do. "Supreme" Triumvir. 

I don't deny being an authoritarian. However, I don't force anyone to be "under" me either. The brave and the free choose to stand next to me on the battlefield. I have no use for slaves.

3 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

The difference between Methrage and myself is I said Animalz is free to separate from us and align with Methrage if they wanted to. Methrage, on the other hand, has Animalz attacked for not recognizing him as "Sovereign."

I've always believed in voluntary, mutually beneficial relationships. So tell me who between us is more libertarian.

I just didn't check his war screen until you mentioned it, I didn't have them attacked. Although I can see the necessity of everyone needing to make a choice. Stick with the Producerist Party and fight for the deceiver or wake up from your deceptions, then fight against you. 

2 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I just didn't check his war screen until you mentioned it, I didn't have them attacked. Although I can see the necessity of everyone needing to make a choice. Stick with the Producerist Party and fight for the deceiver or wake up from your deceptions, then fight against you. 

^Accuses others of deception

^Denies having anything to do with a rogue on his AA

No one is oppressing us. After you deleted we worked out an agreement that gave benefits to all concerned and cost no one anything too dear. They have lived up to their side of the agreement, we'll live up to ours.

As I keep trying to tell you, you need to pipe down and get back up to speed before you try to lead again.

28 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

I don't deny being an authoritarian.

You realize authoritarians and libertarians are on the complete opposite side of the poltical spectrum. Everything Libertarians believe strongly in, Authoritarians oppose greatly. What authoritarians believe in, Libertarian's consider the worst society possible.

A self described Authoritarian can not run a Libertarian Organization without making it into a joke. Libetarianians & Anarchists need to organize despite it not being in their nature in order to oppose Authoritarianism spreading, along with its toxic effect on freedom.

Edited by Sephiroth

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

You realize authoritarians and libertarians are on the complete opposite side of the poltical spectrum. Everyone aurhoritarians believe in, libertarians are against. Almost  everyone authoritarians believe in, Libertarian's consider the worst society possible.

A self described Authoritarian can no run a Libertarian Organization without making it into a joke.

False because the material conditions of Planet Bob are not those of Earth. Vladimir called the international situation "Ordered Anarchy" precisely because nations and alliances are not tied down to geographical resource limitations, and thus free to associate with whoever they want to.

A freedom you seek to deny Animalz by attacking them for choosing to align with a non-Methrage LPCN.

Edited by Immortan Junka

1 minute ago, Tevron said:

How can anyone run a Libertarian (governing) Organization? That's what I've wondered for years now.

Should be junka asking this question... or did he ask you to ask this??? eh

1 minute ago, Tevron said:

How can anyone run a Libertarian (governing) Organization? That's what I've wondered for years now.

There really never was much of a government, it just worked out when those who believed in Libertarianism stepped up help the organization expand.

5 minutes ago, Tevron said:

That would depend on how you define libertarianism, I mean if you say it is simply freedom of the individual, then governance is in no way contradictory to that, and indeed may be necessary as without central authority, liberty cannot to ensured. However other interpretations (not my own) may be that the existence of government is in of itself contradictory to liberty, even if the goal of said government is to protect liberty. This second interpretation may be likened to anarchism, as Razgriz said above, but many who follow it would still consider themselves libertarians.

Of course on Planent Bob you can have varying degrees of libertarianism or authoritarianism at the alliance and nation level within a bloc or multi-alliance organisation such as the LPCN.

Still waiting for anyone to explain how Anarch is libertarian when he demands others recognize him as sovereign against our will. Not to mention the war of aggression he started against the Imperium during Monster Mash which violated the non aggression principle.

2 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

That would depend on how you define libertarianism, I mean if you say it is simply freedom of the individual, then governance is in no way contradictory to that, and indeed may be necessary as without central authority, liberty cannot to ensured. However other interpretations (not my own) may be that the existence of government is in of itself contradictory to liberty, even if the goal of said government is to protect liberty. This second interpretation may be likened to anarchism, as Razgriz said above, but many who follow it would still consider themselves libertarians.

Of course on Planent Bob you can have varying degrees of libertarianism or authoritarianism at the alliance and nation level within a bloc or multi-alliance organisation such as the LPCN.

If a leader or government exists only to protect people from having their liberty taken from others, it would be possible Although for leaders like those to rise very high in established authoritarian governments are rare.

8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

If a leader or government exists only to protect people from having their liberty taken from others, it would be possible Although for leaders like those to rise very high in established authoritarian governments are rare.

Never mind established governments, those kinds of leaders don't hardly  exist at all. Every leader craves power, to what extent depends on the person. And power corrupts, so even the leader who begins as a freedom fighting anarchist "we all are equal" revolutionary, will eventually become a brutal, bloody, and merciless dictator. It's just human nature.

I am pleased to say the LPCN is now waking up and seeing the kind of tyrant Anarch really is. Just as with the July Revolution in the Imperium, a people who break free from the chains of slavery are unstoppable, regardless of foreign backing and oligarchical attack.

Down with the tyrant, my comrades! Methrage rules over you no more!

october-revolution-with-robots.jpg

Edited by Immortan Junka

3 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

I am pleased to say the LPCN is now waking up and seeing the kind of tyrant Anarch really is. Just as with the July Revolution in the Imperium, a people who break free from the chains of slavery are unstoppable, regardless of foreign backing and oligarchical attack.

Down with the tyrant, my comrades! Methrage rules over you no more!

They freed themselves from their chains...and then appointed an emperor? Now that's logic.

Edited by Archangel1

39 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Only by consent and consensus, of course.

There's no contradiction in the notion of a libertarian king, at least no more so than a libertarian democracy.

We are what we always were, a free association of nations safeguarding our rights to trade without disruption.

7 minutes ago, Archangel1 said:

They freed themselves from their chains...and then appointed an emperor? Now that's logic.

Within the Imperium I was appointed Emperor by referendum, but what it really means that I am First among Equals. 

First on the battlefield, last to leave!