Why do micros sign treaties?

Lord Hitchcock

Correct, having to fight Sengoku was not "fun." Neither is fighting Monsters or anyone else "fun." I have fought in wars uncounted and it is all rather tiresome now. 

The only reason I fight is out of a sense of duty and the necessity of stopping evil people from attacking the innocent. Months after a war becomes "boring" for the wicked, the Imperium is able to fight because it is necessary to do so.

Edited by Immortan Junka

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

This is very logical and I hope it becomes reality.

Ameroca was actually not that bad. The original goons were would leak RL info of players on CN to get them to quit... one player actually had AIDs in RL and it was all over the forums.

I really feel like it. I enjoy the new blood on planet bob and I certainly feel obligated to nudge them a little and tell them that this 'big bad world' is theirs for the taking. I may even get up off my rocking chair to help them a little. 

Not even typing... just seeing the word gives me goosebumps

Let me see if I can pull up our last shin dig, ah yes here it is (and your tears were delicious):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch and learn young grasshopper

Who are you calling grasshopper, if I'm any insect it's the praying mantis. Calm and composed but if you try to f*ck with me then I'll take your head

5 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

Correct, having to fight Sengoku was not "fun." Neither is fighting Monsters or anyone else "fun." I have fought in wars uncounted and it is all rather tiresome now. 

The only reason I fight is out of a sense of duty and the necessity of stopping evil people from attacking the innocent. Months after a war becomes "boring" for the wicked, the Imperium is able to fight because it is necessary to do so.

And wars can be great fun, you're just getting old Junka

1 hour ago, Immortan Junka said:

It can be satisfying sometimes, but my mindset is just more serious than fun. There is alot at stake in this world and I'm not fond of pranksters mucking everything up.

Let your hair down junka, loosen up a little

9 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Ameroca was actually not that bad. The original goons would leak RL info of players on CN to get them to quit... one player actually had AIDs in RL and it was all over the forums.

That is sad. Why do people reveal their personal info to these guys or other folks. Reason I said Ameroca was a jerk was that he essentially decided to eliminate COBRA which was at the time a young free swinging band of brothers with no ties to anyone and far less military capability. He forced this small alliance to pick a side (LPC, SNX or Kashmir) in the micro politics to survive.

6 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

Don't you attack new nations to get them to join SNX?

2 hours ago, Archangel1 said:

Don't you attack new nations to get them to join SNX?

"This is clearly propaganda against the imperium and it is an offense punishable by death"

It's also a true statement.

Junka will tell you that he doesn't 'force' new nations to join, but nothing motivates a new nation to sign along the imperium dotted line like a nuke hanging over their head.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

• 5 months later...
On 1/14/2017 at 0:09 AM, Lord Hitchcock said:

The earlier you travel back in time, the more evil it was. GOONs 2.0 had a mercy board on their forums, where basically a nation on their !@#$ list would have to go on there and 'ask' for forgiveness and the members would just spit on him and they'd save that nation's tears as their wallpaper.

And there's a reason why there's a GOONs 2.0 and that's because the original GOONs were the most evil alliance in bob history. They'd go beyond OOC just to make nations quit. 

You make it sound so bad.  Both alliances contributed much to rich tapestry of this world.  GOONS* 2 was a sublime cultural touchstone for many.  For others, we provided a definitive enemy of peace.  For ourselves, we created much entertainment content from those who wronged us, some of them even enjoyed it.  We mined this world for all of the entertainment value we could glean for our membership, which should always be the primary point of an alliance.  When we were done, we stopped.  That's the best part really, we 100% got away with it.  Our values were never put at risk, and our diplomatic strength ensured that we were always able to conduct our work in peace.  Gooood times. Gooood times.

1 hour ago, Sardonic said:

You make it sound so bad.  Both alliances contributed much to rich tapestry of this world.  GOONS* 2 was a sublime cultural touchstone for many.  For others, we provided a definitive enemy of peace.  For ourselves, we created much entertainment content from those who wronged us, some of them even enjoyed it.  We mined this world for all of the entertainment value we could glean for our membership, which should always be the primary point of an alliance.  When we were done, we stopped.  That's the best part really, we 100% got away with it.  Our values were never put at risk, and our diplomatic strength ensured that we were always able to conduct our work in peace.  Gooood times. Gooood times.

I miss you, come back and play with us once more, let's cause some chaos.

1 hour ago, Mogar said:

I miss you, come back and play with us once more, let's cause some chaos.

Ha, well thank you, I think my time leading on this here world is done though.  Although I am working on a unity game that thematically evokes some of the themes explored here.

1 hour ago, SirWilliam said:

I'm confident the big brother tech buying alliances (including yours, Franz!) would object to their supply being cut off, but given how scrappy micros can be I'm sure many of them would welcome the fight nonetheless.

Micro alliances will come to blows with each other creating more tech sellers, it's foolproof!

Edited by Franz Ferdinand

4 hours ago, Scourge said:

It's time to purge all the micros. 

2 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

We should discuss further.

10 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Micro alliances will come to blows with each other creating more tech sellers, it's foolproof!

Micros are an adorable and lovable aspect of Planet Bob. They have tremendous character development, more personal wars, and have a better track record of doing what they'd like to do, rather than reading from a script.

And you can't blame the infestation of micros on our planet, it's alliances like yours who continue to produce them :P ...TPF, Sparta...

#Microlivesmatter

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 1:30 PM, Lord Hitchcock said:

Micros are an adorable and lovable aspect of Planet Bob. They have tremendous character development, more personal wars, and have a better track record of doing what they'd like to do, rather than reading from a script.

Agreed here.  It's like a different game down here -- wars usually have a valid CB, there is a personal reason to fight, beyond "well, it's that time of year again".

Personally, my treaties throughout the years have been with alliances whose leaders were reasonable and could be trusted, and had zero to do with political jockying, which is what most macro treaties seem to be based on.  That is to say, they wouldn't drag me into a war over something stupid or embarrassing -- if I had to fight, it wouldn't be for something I'd roll my eyes over. Before things went bad with Meth, he often tried to get a treaty between us.  I declined because his foreign policy was erratic and he ended up in a number of wars over things I considered trivial.  Lulu of PPO, however, was a pretty straight shooter, and I didn't hesitate to seek him out (after I fought him, of course).  In fact, MOST of the alliances I treatied were subsequent to fighting them -- a good way to see an alliance's character.  (The exception being our treaty AT R&R,because I felt evidence showed SRA did them dirty once and we owed them one).

Argent was always on my list, but I was spurned -- SPURNED, I tell you -- by @James Spanier.

7 hours ago, Walshington said:

Agreed here.  It's like a different game down here -- wars usually have a valid CB, there is a personal reason to fight, beyond "well, it's that time of year again".

Personally, my treaties throughout the years have been with alliances whose leaders were reasonable and could be trusted, and had zero to do with political jockying, which is what most macro treaties seem to be based on.  That is to say, they wouldn't drag me into a war over something stupid or embarrassing -- if I had to fight, it wouldn't be for something I'd roll my eyes over. Before things went bad with Meth, he often tried to get a treaty between us.  I declined because his foreign policy was erratic and he ended up in a number of wars over things I considered trivial.  Lulu of PPO, however, was a pretty straight shooter, and I didn't hesitate to seek him out (after I fought him, of course).  In fact, MOST of the alliances I treatied were subsequent to fighting them -- a good way to see an alliance's character.  (The exception being our treaty AT R&R,because I felt evidence showed SRA did them dirty once and we owed them one).

Argent was always on my list, but I was spurned -- SPURNED, I tell you -- by @James Spanier.

I think your perspective is reasonable. I also try to avoid getting dragged into macro-politics which have nothing to do with the interests of my membership.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 11:54 AM, Walshington said:

If I gave myself to folks who wanted me I wouldn't be nearly as much of a valued commodity.