Anyone around from the Old Days?

IUAlpert

On 6/1/2017 at 1:02 AM, New Reverie said:

wow, what a trip down memory lane.  According to my wiki I joined in Feb 2006 as nation 3150 and was once in the top 50 strongest nations

Would like to see @Trace and @Shadow Slayer again some time.

Also good to see @bros and @Rebel Virginia

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/New_Reverie

Trace was on the MK forums last month.

You need to come on IRC sometime. Coldfront renamed itself to the airlock.

just message me or highlight me

i'm in #mushroom

On 6/4/2017 at 1:43 PM, Shadow Slayer said:

Oh damn, congrats dude! I managed to shape up, get through college, and became a cog in the system back in Washington haha. I log in occasionally to see how my bills are doing, but that's about it. I think I have the highest unpaid bill in the game, but no one will confirm it for me

SHADOW SLAYER

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, bros said:

Trace was on the MK forums last month.
You need to come on IRC sometime. Coldfront renamed itself to the airlock.

just message me or highlight me

i'm in #mushroom

Get on discord old man, get with the times!

a different one for each alliance?

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just make an unofficial CN community discord and let the alliances have their own public channels on it to centralize it.

have the admin of it be someone who doesn't care

On 6/13/2017 at 1:08 PM, bros said:

a different one for each alliance?

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just make an unofficial CN community discord and let the alliances have their own public channels on it to centralize it.

have the admin of it be someone who doesn't care

lol cn has evolved into Full Millennial Teenager mode where everyone would rather lead 5 dudes than work your way up in an alliance of 50 or more

having a centralized way to talk makes you less special

Edited by Neo Uruk

9 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

lol cn has evolved into Full Millennial Teenager mode where everyone would rather lead 5 dudes than work your way up in an alliance of 50 or more

having a centralized way to talk makes you less special

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8 hours ago, mpol777 said:

I used to make announcements.

bkMCfgK.png

$%&@ yeah

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 1:33 AM, Mandystalin said:

Here since 2006. But I've been in TTK all the time, so nobody will know who I am :D

I know who you are Mandy!  Of course, that's only because I've lived out my years in the same bubble!

I remember back in April 2007 trying to join this game, but new registrations were closed due to whatever war that was at the time (they all blur together when you don't pay much attention!)  It took a few weeks before I could finally join.  And now apparently I'm never leaving :P

Well, well, well. Look at all the old farts still around. I caught myself thinking about this game for the first time in years, and figured I'd stop in and see what was going on. I'm pleased to see so many names I recognize! RV, Mari, NR, LJ, SiWi, MV, Shodemofi, King Irwin, LoD... Incredible.

I joined in 2005, but didn't get into the alliance politics aspect of the game until 2007, when I joined the NPO. I left sometime after Brehon became Emperor, which means I must have left in the 2012-2013 time frame. I was a 5+ year member of the alliance. I still haven't spent as much time away from the game as I've spent playing it though, which is a bit weird to think about. I had some great times with the members of Pacifica back in the day, though I wouldn't be surprised if no one remembers me; I wasn't some big-shot player at any point, simply a minion.

I hope you are all well, and that the years have been kind to you. To anyone out there who recognizes the name or the avatar, thank you for contributing more good than you know during a very fluid time in my life.

Edited by lord to the gizzle

On 30/06/2017 at 7:44 PM, lord to the gizzle said:

Well, well, well. Look at all the old farts still around. I caught myself thinking about this game for the first time in years, and figured I'd stop in and see what was going on. I'm pleased to see so many names I recognize! RV, Mari, NR, LJ, SiWi, MV, Shodemofi, King Irwin, LoD... Incredible.

I joined in 2005, but didn't get into the alliance politics aspect of the game until 2007, when I joined the NPO. I left sometime after Brehon became Emperor, which means I must have left in the 2012-2013 time frame. I was a 5+ year member of the alliance. I still haven't spent as much time away from the game as I've spent playing it though, which is a bit weird to think about. I had some great times with the members of Pacifica back in the day, though I wouldn't be surprised if no one remembers me; I wasn't some big-shot player at any point, simply a minion.

I hope you are all well, and that the years have been kind to you. To anyone out there who recognizes the name or the avatar, thank you for contributing more good than you know during a very fluid time in my life.

Hey you! =) Glad to see you around.. get back! I recently did (still don't know why :P).

On 11/28/2016 at 9:56 PM, Rebel Virginia said:

I was in the NPO at the time of its peak, and then I was one of their most vocal opponents. However, my inbox is full and I cannot be bothered to clean it up. Do you object to using this thread?

This is how far back I go: I recall walford using blue text for a time whilest still in GATO. He said that he did it so his posts would be distinguished from the others; and he likes the color blue. 

Then Rebel Virginia mocked him for doing this and yet adopted using the blue text himself ever since. 

I knew him personally before joining CyberNations myself in 2007. I started out in NONE, then the League of Free Nations, which were hunted down to extermination the year following. Most of the nations never returned.

Recently, the nation of Cruithne has been reactivated and rejoined the New Polar Order. Walford sends his regards, but cannot return at this time because of "RL distractions" as he puts it. He seems to be having a hard time, personally. I will pray for him and would welcome others to do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I am W_A_R of Vijar. My now fetid corpse was neither corpse or rotting when I started in 31 August 2006 with BoSS.  Subsequently of GOLD and CON, I am now in retirement as a Knight of the Order of the Black Rose.

I miss many from those early, heady days.  Also, I remember some of the posters in this thread.

Edited by W_A_R
Clarification and stupid typos

On 7/27/2017 at 7:29 AM, W_A_R said:

I am W_A_R of Vijar. My now fetid corpse was neither corpse or rotting when I started in 31 August 2006 with BoSS.  Subsequently of GOLD and CON, I am now in retirement as a Knight of the Order of the Black Rose.

I miss many from those early, heady days.  Also, I remember some of the posters in this thread.

W_A_R! An old CONnie! 

Nice to see at least one other still around.