Anyone around from the Old Days?

IUAlpert

Yeah, I joined CN when the game was first released, straight up from Nation States. Was part of a very small and placid alliance (is that what they were called?) in NS, so when I joined CN I wanted something more dynamic and joined the NPO. Plenty of fun moments back then.

Rejoined about a week ago, surprised to see the game is not only still going but actually kind of the same as when I left (I think "spies" is the only feature I don't remember from back then). Even more shocked that there isn't an app. CN really is a piece of the past, stuck in 2006. 😅

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 2:05 AM, Johnny Apocalypse said:

.......braiiiiiins

Also hello fellow retirees. If you are looking for a discord channel to join and shoot the !@#$ with some good people then might I suggest heading to The Gulag! One of the best public servers around if you wanna kick back and play drinking games or whatever tickles your fancy. Not a lot of shop talk about what's going on in the game, The Gulag is open to anyone who wishes to join us (though we do reserve the right boot yo out if you start making trouble, fair warning) so we try to leave In-game politics at the door for the most part.

Mainly OOC chatter and people hanging out from all spheres across the globe, you're bound to meet someone you recognise at some point. A good place for any returning old guard players to gather and hang out- much like Non Grata.

I'm not gonna tell you to join COBRA but if you like your memes dank and your CN players mostly crusty with a side of new blood?  You'll get along just fine at The Gulag.

https://discord.gg/gzjXURAX

Wow, @Johnny Apocalypse got to drinking age at last I guess.

Congrats.

Years since we spoke.

Cobra? they were part of TPC I recall at one stage right?

I recall giving them orders back in the day to attack another alliance that were attacking us by coincidence on the same update.

Such a funny war when they twigged they were fighting each other other than the guys they were supposed to be fighting. 

I got so many death threats over that stunt, but at least some of the guys thought it funny.

19 hours ago, Regent Talryn said:

Nation Created: 11/8/2009

How old is "old"?

Is "Get off my lawn" old enough? 🤔

Or do we need George W. Bush era old?

You're from the "a 5-10 page thread on the forums isn't very active" era, so ... you qualify.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 12:58 PM, Van Hoo X said:

EGADS, man. I've been calling you out on Discord for like a year. Let go of your inhibitions. Log on and say hello.

Hi Hoo, I hate discord with a passion!

Yeah, I played longer than I care to recall.

I ran mostly under one name in the past, but with age it came with great responsibility and many just tapped me for my skill so I started swapping names..

The only guy older to the game as I recall beat me my a couple of weeks, but I do not see him this round..I guess I am your Huckleberry:gun:

I've been playing from 2007 to 2011, mostly with CON at the beginning and TOP at the end. Was a cool time, and something like a week ago I re-registered. Finished up in NPO - and quite now I'm fighting with all the systems of NPO (highly organized, but actually not that easy to get). Something else than looking out for small nations to get you tech :P