Anyone around from the Old Days?

IUAlpert

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everyone, ive never played this game but a friend by the name of baldr told me about it, he said he hasnt played it in years and didnt know if it was even still up and running so, i said i would check it out and so far this is actually pretty interesting. its a bit older than what im used to but it actually looks pretty cool

• 3 weeks later...

I made the mistake of going on CN wiki and these forums for nostalgia's sake.  Now I think I'm hooked. 🙈 Nation not yet created, but pretty sure it's gonna happen really soon. 😶

Here's the million dollar question:  How many friends are still around?  Friends across Bob, ex-TFD allies, ex-TFD crew and NATO crew alike - speak up now or forever hold your peace!

16 hours ago, GearHead said:

I made the mistake of going on CN wiki and these forums for nostalgia's sake.  Now I think I'm hooked. 🙈 Nation not yet created, but pretty sure it's gonna happen really soon. 😶

Here's the million dollar question:  How many friends are still around?  Friends across Bob, ex-TFD allies, ex-TFD crew and NATO crew alike - speak up now or forever hold your peace!

NATO still exists with some older member, you might even gen and Anu sighting once a year.  Other wise Claws and FTW are made up of mergers of tons of old half dead alliance's.  

4 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

NATO still exists with some older member, you might even gen and Anu sighting once a year.  Other wise Claws and FTW are made up of mergers of tons of old half dead alliance's.  

An Anu sighting is definitely worth checking out.  Thank you!  I've applied to NATO and will see who's around for a reunion.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, GearHead said:

TFD's been gone a long time. A lot of AAs are dying off due to inactivity. Even some of the biggest ones are inactive husks.

Edited by Thrash

11 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

FTW member here. Was Misfits way back, then through a bunch of intermediate AAs I honestly don't remember. My original nation I had started in 07 but deleted when I got smacked and zi'd when a member of NATO in what I think is now known as the 2nd Karma war. My friend who got me in, who I've known IRL for practically my entire life still has his original nation and is one of our leaders in FTW.

9 hours ago, Thrash said:

TFD's been gone a long time. A lot of AAs are dying off due to inactivity. Even some of the biggest ones are inactive husks.

Not exactly much of a party to come back to, is it?  I'm sure there have been many before me come back to visit wondering if there's any life left.   Thanks for helping inform me of the reality of it all.

I think I'll try being the naive one who actually gives it a go with the "you never know" attitude.  Anyone who's hanging around that wants to chat can find me in the NATO discord.  🙂

On 5/13/2021 at 1:42 AM, GearHead said:

Not exactly much of a party to come back to, is it?  I'm sure there have been many before me come back to visit wondering if there's any life left.

There's plenty of life left, just not where you'd expect it to be.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Ryan Greenberg said:

I joined in 2008 and played for about 4 years. Spent most of it in the New Polar Order

This coincides very similarly to my time here.  Your name also looks familiar, although admittedly my memory from that long ago is pretty fuzzy.

Welcome back!  Are you coming back to the game?  I think you should!  😎

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:29 PM, GearHead said:

How many friends are still around?  Friends across Bob, ex-TFD allies, ex-TFD crew and NATO crew alike - speak up now or forever hold your peace!

Hugs for you Ol' Gearhead.

Glad to see you're still using the avatar I made >12 years ago. I guess some things never go out of style.

Me, I participated in some of the classical conflicts, begin with the Citrus War in February 2006 and then onto Great War I and II. https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Major_Wars

Edited by Orioni

6 minutes ago, Orioni said:

Glad to see you're still using the avatar I made >12 years ago. I guess some things never go out of style.

I use it EVERYWHERE.  I love it and I still get compliments on it!  Although I may have lost the original full resolution copy along the way.  😅

I created my first nation in 2006. My alliance at the time merged with the first NoR. When it disbanded, I joined the GPA under Shay (instead of joining SoM or NoV). Then, after the Woodstock Massacre, in 2008, my original nation was deleted for inactivity. I decided to come back to the game in 2009 when I joined the second NoR. Now I'm a member of The Legion since 2019. Yeah, I've been playing CN for 15 years. The longest time I've ever played an online game.

Edited by Lord of Coke and Hot Dogs

10 hours ago, Lord of Coke and Hot Dogs said:

I created my first nation in 2006. My alliance at the time merged with the first NoR. When it disbanded, I joined the GPA under Shay (instead of joining SoM or NoV). Then, after the Woodstock Massacre, in 2008, my original nation was deleted for inactivity. I decided to come back to the game in 2009 when I joined the second NoR. Now I'm a member of The Legion since 2019. Yeah, I've been playing CN for 15 years. The longest time I've ever played an online game.

A historical note, right before the Woodstock Massacre when it was clear the Continuum was preparing for a war, GATO asked for a meeting with Q leaders.  For some reason they thought they were the target. They kept asking whey we would attack them to which we responded over and over what reason do you think we attack you for?  The best we could get out them is that one of allies was spying on somebody in Q.  Like who was not trying that.  We never confirmed or denired they were the target so they so they would sweat it out for a day.  We did not even bother looking into which ally was spying on us because if they were anywhere they would know GPA was the target.  I mean OWF was filled with GPA drama.  Also try making hot dogs in an air fryer, pre heat to 390, put in some dogs for 5 min, then put them back in for 1 min in their buns.  Its life changing.  

• 2 months later...