Anyone around from the Old Days?

IUAlpert

On 12/4/2019 at 6:20 AM, jerdge said:

Your time in the GPA means that you've also been unaligned at some time. Which is one of the reasons you're more special than most for.

(Hello PMJ, nice to see that you're still around! 💚)

FYI, I was also a member of the GPA. KM and April were by far my favorite members at the time.

Edited by kingzog

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/4/2019 at 9:20 PM, jerdge said:

Your time in the GPA means that you've also been unaligned at some time. Which is one of the reasons you're more special than most for.

(Hello PMJ, nice to see that you're still around! 💚)

27 minutes ago, kingzog said:

FYI, I was also a member of the GPA. KM and April were by far my favorite members at the time.

I remember those days , CN was much larger back then.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, kingzog said:

I didn't know that, I was not in the GPA at the time (or maybe I had known of it later but I didn't remember it?)

At any rate that means that you too are special.

I think that, when CN politics made sense, having been both neutral and aligned at some point in time made one's experience more complete. Having been both popular and unpopular was also instructive. But I digress.

13 hours ago, jerdge said:

I didn't know that, I was not in the GPA at the time (or maybe I had known of it later but I didn't remember it?)

At any rate that means that you too are special.

I think that, when CN politics made sense, having been both neutral and aligned at some point in time made one's experience more complete. Having been both popular and unpopular was also instructive. But I digress.

The political-military climate under which I joined the GPA has ceased to exist.

During GW3, as a member of The Legion (lol), I had the distinction of being the first person in that conflict to be attacked by a nuclear rogue. (Remember those?) I was never all that interested in nation-building, so I joined an alliance where I hoped it might be possible to engage in the more (intra-alliance) political aspects of the game rather than mere pixel-bashing.

Eventually I was sent as the Ambassador to Norden Verein, got along well with Martens and the rest is history....

I do recall thinking that Kristin Marie was treated quite poorly, but I don't remember details for some reason. (Just the feeling, if that makes sense.) And April went off to die in GOONS I think?

Ahh memories.

19 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

I simply cant believe, as someone who had that little bit of !@#$%^& inside him nurtured greatly by this community, that a woman would be treated poorly!

You're being ironic, right?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...