Anyone around from the Old Days?

IUAlpert

On 4/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, bakamitai said:

Where's Bob_Sanders when you need him? :wub:

Haha I wonder what happened to him.  These forums were rocking back in those days.  You missed checking in for a few hours and some new announcement  would have 130 pages already.  

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/24/2019 at 10:24 AM, bakamitai said:

Where's Bob_Sanders when you need him? :wub:

5 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

Haha I wonder what happened to him.  These forums were rocking back in those days.  You missed checking in for a few hours and some new announcement  would have 130 pages already.  

He's in NPO now.  He joined a little over a year ago, and I'm pretty sure he came back to the game at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2019 at 9:30 PM, Edward I said:

He's in NPO now.  He joined a little over a year ago, and I'm pretty sure he came back to the game at the same time.

Bob's really a glutton for punishment. Comes back to spend the rest of his days sending out QT Tech...?

On 5/7/2019 at 4:52 PM, LJ Scott said:

Bob's really a glutton for punishment. Comes back to spend the rest of his days sending out QT Tech...?

Being in the QT Tech tier is way better than being in the QT Pay tier in my opinion. There's a better chance of fighting wars if you're at 20k NS instead of 200k.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man this game was crazy.

Joined in spring of ‘07 before UJW. Got recruited into TotalFarkistan! Then ended up after a merger in TPF. Didn’t understand what was going on during UJW, but remember getting hooked reading OWF.

Was in TPF until I ragequit and floated around a few alliances until I ended up back at TPF in some random minister position. The whole Vox Populi thing happened and there was a spy group called like Blackstone or something that I got caught posting guides to. 

I guess TPF had different guides for different permissions, so they were able to zero in on me. I thought that was a wrap, and I was going to live with electron sponge and other degenerates in EZI. But, luckily I negotiated my way out of that, because Blackstone had made me a moderator and so I had everyone’s IP address that I traded for freedom. I’m such a scumbag, ha.

then somehow I was emperor of NSO during my freshman semester of college, which didn’t work out well for NSO or me. 

Just crazy to think about all all of the trickery and time spent forging alliances etc.

Edited by youwish959

3 hours ago, youwish959 said:

Man this game was crazy.

Joined in spring of ‘07 before UJW. Got recruited into TotalFarkistan! Then ended up after a merger in TPF. Didn’t understand what was going on during UJW, but remember getting hooked reading OWF.

Was in TPF until I ragequit and floated around a few alliances until I ended up back at TPF in some random minister position. The whole Vox Populi thing happened and there was a spy group called like Blackstone or something that I got caught posting guides to. 

I guess TPF had different guides for different permissions, so they were able to zero in on me. I thought that was a wrap, and I was going to live with electron sponge and other degenerates in EZI. But, luckily I negotiated my way out of that, because Blackstone had made me a moderator and so I had everyone’s IP address that I traded for freedom. I’m such a scumbag, ha.

then somehow I was emperor of NSO during my freshman semester of college, which didn’t work out well for NSO or me. 

Just crazy to think about all all of the trickery and time spent forging alliances etc.

I remember you.  Those were some fun days.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:33 AM, The Big Bad said:

I remember you.  Those were some fun days.

To this day, I don’t understand how a text based game with a bunch of strangers was so much damn fun. 

Edit: Are there any other text based games like this was that are thriving right now? The community here was great, and it truly was one of those things you got what you put into it.

Edited by youwish959

On 7/17/2019 at 10:36 PM, youwish959 said:

Man this game was crazy.

I remeber you, we were in TPF at the same time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 9:36 PM, youwish959 said:

Man this game was crazy.

I remember you!

14 hours ago, Rebel Virginia said:

He's in Non Grata, as you should be.

Also, I just remembered I was briefly in TPF after it first formed. Is that good enough for you?

TPF remnants in a Poison Clan merger alliance.

Can't write the irony.

7 minutes ago, kingzog said:

Everybody has been aligned with everybody else at some time or another.

Indeed my friend, indeed.

Us old farts have fought on both sides of conflicts and yet we're still standing watching the dust settle once again

On 7/17/2019 at 9:36 PM, youwish959 said:

Man this game was crazy.

Haha, I remember spying on Blackstone.  Good times, got NPO rolled hard, good times all around.

• 3 months later...

On 8/23/2019 at 6:53 AM, kingzog said:

This is pretty accurate , I have been in the GPA , NPO & NpO and now I am in IRON.

The tides of in game politics push me along from place to place.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:00 AM, Prime minister Johns said:

This is pretty accurate , I have been in the GPA , NPO & NpO and now I am in IRON.

The tides of in game politics push me along from place to place.

Your time in the GPA means that you've also been unaligned at some time. Which is one of the reasons you're more special than most for.

(Hello PMJ, nice to see that you're still around! 💚)