3rd world country alliances forum

Welcome to the confederation of 3rd world alliances or C3WA for short. Do you think your good enough. Please post below the required information

I've created this alliance to benefit all the newbies or allies  like myself, who want to make a name. I am not hear to convince you to join. If you join, My and our resources are one and the other. During a war scenario you must supply some type of aid. Either through your military or your money. If one goes to war we all go to war.

Example:

Player name: Sirlordruteger 

Player nation:Old countriki

Strength:  1,292.494

Infrastructure: 209.37

Available resources: wheat and fish

Why you would be eligible: I created it

Why you would like to join: To help others and become something great.

If you've been in previous alliances. Why did you leave your other one:  Never been in an alliance

14 minutes ago, Lordjamesruteger said:

Welcome to the confederation of 3rd world alliances or C3WA for short. Do you think your good enough. Please post below the required information

I've created this alliance to benefit all the newbies or allies  like myself, who want to make a name. I am not hear to convince you to join. If you join, My and our resources are one and the other. During a war scenario you must supply some type of aid. Either through your military or your money. If one goes to war we all go to war.

Example:

Player name: Sirlordruteger 

Player nation:Old countriki

Strength:  1,292.494

Infrastructure: 209.37

Available resources: wheat and fish

Why you would be eligible: I created it

Why you would like to join: To help others and become something great.

If you've been in previous alliances. Why did you leave your other one:  Never been in an alliance

Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. 
Mattie Stepanak

Do you have a charter? Or external forums? Or a protector? Or anyone you can get to help you find trade circles for prospective members? Or any sort of economic backing? Or ANYTHING? Seriously, I don't want to put down micros, but do you know what an alliance entails?

1 minute ago, Lordjamesruteger said:

I'll learn more. Than I'll be back.

Join an alliance, at your present status in the world, everyone will be asking you to join theirs. Join an alliance, and play the game a while while learning the world of alliance politics, and how to play the game. Then and only then, if you truly think you have a better ideology for an alliance, create one. You'll find that is the best way to succeed at this game.

8 minutes ago, Lordjamesruteger said:

If you feel that you absolutely must start your own alliance this early in your time on Planet Bob (if you don't know what that is, you're not ready for your own alliance), then go ahead and give the following post a look, and read it over. It will help you start out on a better footing than this (I use this term not derogatorily but honestly) mess.

46 minutes ago, Lordjamesruteger said:

Hey get to me in game messaging or through here is forum messaging. Don't listen to these fellows. Every alliance here some how originated like this.

4 minutes ago, Roal36 said:

Hey get to me in game messaging or through here is forum messaging. Don't listen to these fellows. Every alliance here some how originated like this.

Yeah, we got our starts... with much better formed DoE's and members with much more experience than a 1 day old noob.

Much better DoEs?. I have seen total crap DoEs by huge alliances and experienced nations.

It's not a big deal. You create urination and then launch an alliance then approach some experienced rulers (or they approach you) and they guide you every step of the way.

Is it ideal way to start in the game? No.

But it's still not a bad one either.

Just now, Roal36 said:

Much better DoEs?. I have seen total crap DoEs by huge alliances and experienced nations.

It's not a big deal. You create urination and then launch an alliance then approach some experienced rulers (or they approach you) and they guide you every step of the way.

Is it ideal way to start in the game? No.

But it's still not a bad one either.

I would have to disagree. I highly doubt that someone at one day old is going to make an alliance that really goes anywhere. My observation is that both yourself, and the guy from Imperium are just looking to take advantage of a naive new ruler, and get him to come to join your alliance under the guise of autonomy. If that is how you guys are happy with recruiting, more power to you, but I am of the firm assumption that he should shop around for alliances, and make an informed decision on which one would be better for him.

1 minute ago, MrChaos said:

I would have to disagree. I highly doubt that someone at one day old is going to make an alliance that really goes anywhere. My observation is that both yourself, and the guy from Imperium are just looking to take advantage of a naive new ruler, and get him to come to join your alliance under the guise of autonomy. If that is how you guys are happy with recruiting, more power to you, but I am of the firm assumption that he should shop around for alliances, and make an informed decision on which one would be better for him.

You are wrong. I don't work that way. I believe in creating real relationships which are beyond formal AA affiliations.

Can we stop using the newbie as a political football please?

SNX has for a long time recruited heavily from among new nations, this sort of thing is par for the course for them. However, Lord James, lots of alliances would be happy to have you as a new member and if you're interested, most alliances have a lot of openings for people who want to help out. You'll probably get recruitment messages. It might be you join an alliance and decide you don't like it, but there are a lot of alliances out there and as long as you don't leave in the middle of a war, switching alliances is pretty normal, especially among younger nations.

Regardless, it's good to see someone who's keen. Most things can be taught but enthusiasm can't and it's really important.

23 minutes ago, MrChaos said:

How is inviting someone to visit our forum taking advantage of anyone?

I've got to agree with MrChaos here, best thing for a new ruler is to join a somewhat established alliance and learn from the experience. There's no benefit to trying to be leadership straight away, nor is there any to being on a one man AA if you aspire to leadership.

To LordJamesruteger: Do you know how to sell tech? How to build a nation? How to defend you nation if it comes under attack? Do you know how to interact with people in other alliances? How foreign affairs works? Do you have a good idea how to set up a trade circle? How to recruit people? How to teach others the skills I have listed above? How to order someone else to send aid or declare war?

When I created my current nation nearly 12 months ago now my answer to all of those questions would have been either "sort of" or "yes". But the reality is the correct answer to almost all of those questions was "no" for me. There is a lot to learn about this world, I have been a member of government for 9 months now, I have recruited, mentored, set up trade circles, tech deals, programs to grow nations, requested aid, declared war on a nation with the ability to kick the !@#$ out of mine (lucky for me he surrendered without fighting back!), talked to allies, talked to alliances TTK has never had any contact with, talked to anyone. Most of all I learned that I didn't know how to do the things I thought I could do to start off with, then in most cases I learned them, though there is a lot still to learn.

(In this it certainly helped that I was a member of an old alliance with an old forums, meaning everything that had taken place over the last ~6 years was available for me to observe.)

My point is there is a lot involved in alliance management, you can't learn it all at once, especially not without a good source of information to learn from. Furthermore the question you should be asking is do you want to? Not only is there a lot of work involved, there is a lot of responsibility as well, even if I'm only a single member of government all the concerns of the AA are present on my mind, because government is responsible for all the rulers and nations on the AA, as well as their allies (to some extent). I like the responsibility, but I don't want to be the one at the top.

So my advice to you:

1. Find an alliance to join.
  2. Get help with your nation, find tech deals, grow it, get wonders. I hold the belief that if one is not dedicated enough to look after ones own nation they shouldn't be responsible for anyone else's.
  3. Be active on the forums, get an idea of how the alliance is run, possibly also hang around the OWF, but I would advise mostly just lurking, posting when you or your allies aren't involved is a bad habit and one I need to kick.
  4. If you are getting on well find a path to a role of responsibility in your alliance, could be in milcom, a recruiter, a mentor, diplomat, whatever. Being a councillor or some other representative within an alliance is okay, but don't expect to learn too many new skills that way in most cases. (Many times these jobs are not mutually exclusive, you may well be able to have a role in milcom whilst being a diplomat to several places and mentoring new nations, would depend on the alliance.)
  5. If you enjoy it more up the ladder, get more involved, move into different fields.
  6. Once you've done all that you may be ready to set up an AA, but make sure you have other active people who might be willing to start it with you though (and be careful that your current alliance won't be pissed if multiple people leave to make a new AA), and make sure you have a good name!

I would consider that to be a basic guide, you don't have to follow it exactly, but I think it gives some idea how to get experience and into a good position.

25 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

Regardless, it's good to see someone who's keen. Most things can be taught but enthusiasm can't and it's really important.

^^^^This!

31 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

I agree, new players that want to get into the inner workings of the bigger political sphere of the game is what we need to keep our hobby going. I just don't think its wise for someone as green as the OP to start an alliance without a firm grasp of how the game works.