The Treaty at the End of the Universe

jalap

The Treaty at the End of the Universe

0h1Kw89Qx8HMMfJwIQxmitSty7dVSGi3abAkmnzT

Preamble:
The Mostly Harmless Alliance (MHA) and Atlas (Atlas) hereby proclaim these accords to establish a non-chaining mutual defence and optional aggression pact.

Article I: Non-Aggression
MHA and Atlas shall refrain from any acts of hostility from each other, and pledge for cordiality in their relationship.

Article II: Defence
Should a direct military action arise against either Atlas or MHA, it will be considered an attack on both alliances. This excludes aggressive actions made by either party on the behalf of other agreements that are subsequently responded to with military action.

Article III: Aggression
When either party is preparing to declare a state of war between themselves and another alliance, they have the option to include the other alliance, and assist in a way agreeable to both signatories.

Article IV: Intelligence
If either signatory is made aware of a threat to either alliance, immediate transmission of the intelligence is required.

Article V: Cancellation
It is our hope that these accords are never cancelled, but should they be, seven days private notice is required, followed by an additional seven days of public notice, during which all articles remain fully in effect.

For Atlas
Alexio President
Lulzist Vice President
Tevron Chancellor of FA
Grealind Chancellor of IA

For MHA
Jesbro Triumvir
KingBilly1 Triumvir
jalap Triumvir
Marduk MoBF

9 hours ago, Blackatron said:

CnG and XX? Eh why not? Congrats!

I must say though, that cancellation period seems rather unusually long.

We both thought trying a new style cancellation period would be interesting. Not to mention we don't think we would see or feel the need to cancel it

Article V: Cancellation
It is our hope that these accords are never cancelled, but should they be, seven days private notice is required, followed by an additional seven days of public notice, during which all articles remain fully in effect.

1. The world was built in 7 days, according to the menu at the Big Bang Burger Bar - Even with Atlas working overtime, this is impossible.
  2. To reach the end of the universe - Cybernations itself will have to last forever - this too is impossible.
  3. For either alliance to survive beyond the end of CN, it will have to reform in a new game - this is considered by most to be impossible
  4. For the treaty itself to survive beyond CN, BOTH alliances will have to join the same new game.  This is indeed impossible
  5. To validate the treaty in a new game, the current leaders will have to be reappointed/re-elected in the new game - This will certainly prove impossible.
  6. For you, the reader, to actually witness the validation of this treaty, in the same new game, you will also have to join this new game.  As you don't even know what this game is, this will certainly prove impossible.

So if you have completed this before eating your first meal of the day (and I have written this before mine - which will explain a great deal) then why not round it off with "A Treaty at the End of the Universe"

I like the treaty title, but you could've done more with the theme.

Any better?  It has some pretty large holes in it, but like I said, I haven't eaten yet - Fortunately I have a table at a well appointed restaurant booked in advance for me.

Is MHA allied to anyone in Occulus?  If not you will either get rolled for honoring this treaty or decide to not activate it within 1 year.

That is my prediction.

Edited by berbers

1 hour ago, berbers said:

Is MHA allied to anyone in Occulus?  If not you will either get rolled for honoring this treaty or decide to not activate it within 1 year.

That is my prediction.

IIRC they are allied to Umbrella, as well as NPO, NG and Sengoku through NpO. I'm not exactly a fan of Oculus, but I'm not even sure how that prediction makes sense.

I do like how the treaty has "Atlas" in brackets after Atlas, just the right kind of pedantic.

14 hours ago, Alexio15 said:

We both thought trying a new style cancellation period would be interesting. Not to mention we don't think we would see or feel the need to cancel it

Fair enough, might be cool idea.

asinine berbers comment on first page

is it 2012 again

oh, congrats. i like the cancellation period. prevents last-minute ditching, makes almost-last-minute ditching a thing which is much more respectable

Edited by Neo Uruk

On 8/30/2016 at 9:50 AM, Haflinger said:

I like the treaty title, but you could've done more with the theme.

Perhaps true, but I tend to be a bit lame on article names.

I love the seven day period, and I'm certain it will set a new standard for all styles of punctuation.

Hail Atlas [Atlas] o/

And MHA :) of course <3 Jalap

3 hours ago, Tevron said:

Perhaps true, but I tend to be a bit lame on article names.

I love the seven day period, and I'm certain it will set a new standard for all styles of punctuation.

Hail Atlas [Atlas] o/

And MHA :) of course <3 Jalap

I'm even surprised people are surprised about those 7 days.

And of course MHAil Atlas! I'm looking forward to the places this'll bring us.