• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 1:33 PM, Arminius said:

Oh hey war buddy!

Anyways, it's 2 years after this post and nation count is approximately the same. Doesn't look like the war caused any big returns in activity, and seeing as some view this conflict as a last hurrah I wonder if this plateau finally breaks after peace is declared.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:01 PM, Jazzy95 said:

Doesn't look like the war caused any big returns in activity, and seeing as some view this conflict as a last hurrah I wonder if this plateau finally breaks after peace is declared.

TBH, I feel it will break, downward. I see our numbers plateauing and maybe gaining for the duration of the war.
Once the war ends, we'll probably see it dip back down, whether from people who are bored without a war, nations who give up on rebuilding in 2022/23/whenever it ends, and other reasons.

Sadly, looking back. We usually see it drop post-war, but it would've been interesting had this thread been started a year or so earlier to catch the Oculus-MI6 war in full, SPaTR-Sengoku war, and a few others. We can see data from a few wars (all the micro-wars, Umbrella and crew raiding GPA, Snake Eyes/Ying-Yang), but honestly you see the biggest drops right at the end of wars, and for the following month - 2months.

The only thing that really gets people to join is world events, and maybe the 2022 US Midterms MIGHT do it for a bit, but I'd wager a good 90%+ who join from a recent event and never played before, don't stay longer than a week max.

1 hour ago, SeaBeeGipson said:

TBH, I feel it will break, downward. I see our numbers plateauing and maybe gaining for the duration of the war.
Once the war ends, we'll probably see it dip back down, whether from people who are bored without a war, nations who give up on rebuilding in 2022/23/whenever it ends, and other reasons.

We will see. Before the war, and even at the beginning, a lot of people were saying that conflict on this scale would drive a significant chunk of the player base out of the game. So far, that hasn’t borne fruit, and tbh I don’t think there’s a lot of great evidence that the drop is ever coming, much less at a predictable point like post war. 

The player base has consistently hovered around the 2500 mark for well over two years now, and that has been through both a sustained period of relative peace following the Caustic Elements war, and obviously this war that is now nearing its fourth month. I honestly think that we’ve hit the plateau of people who just refuse to quit playing CN unless admin turns the servers, which I’m assuming he isn’t going to do any time soon. Obviously I could be wrong, and there could be some collapse at some point from people who decide it’s not worth keeping their nations alive anymore, but I’m not sure why more of the same from the past few years would do it for anyone who’s made it this far. 

On 10/17/2022 at 4:39 PM, SeaBeeGipson said:

2,573 Nations (+ 19 since last update)

160 New nations in the past 10 days.

Roughly 3,575,000 NS lost globally in the past 10 days.

I hate to sound like a stickler but it really should be 2572.

https://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=460062

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...