Independence Day: Return of the Ancients

jesbro

"They are coming to free me." Tempest said to himself in his prison as the others got closer.

When they got to the room the device was floating above a pedestal in the center of the room. "There it is." Raven said as they approached it.

"You are making a big mistake." Jake said as Raven picked up the device.

"It took me years to figure out how to open a prison like this. You just need to know which buttons to press." He said as he hit the correct buttons on the device to open it.

At that moment Jake tried to turn on his captors and knocked a few of them out in the process but there was too many for him to handle.

Before the rest of them could attack him a Red dragon formed behind them. "Now is that any way to treat the one that helped you free me." Tempest said to them.

"Who are you?" Jake asked him.

"I am Tempest. Former Emperor of the Dragon Empire. And probably the most powerful being in the universe. I have taken this form to make you and my followers more comfortable in my presence."

"I see."

"Why do you fight against those that helped to free me? I only want what is best for humanity. I want to make them all dragons like you and me. I would have done it as well if I wasn't betrayed by my own forces. They claim that I can devour the entire universe but that is only because they don't understand my powers. I can change reality itself and that terrifies them. But do you want to know a secret. I am not the only one that can do it. There are others that can do it as well but they are not as trained with these powers as I am."

"What do you want from me?" Jake asked him.

"I want you to join me. And I will help you do things beyond your imagination."

"I think me and my friends will take our chances against you."

Just after he said that Jesse teleported in and grabbed Jake. "Pull us back now Maelstrom!" Jesse shouted before they teleported out of there.

"Oh I have big plans for your friend Jesse. Same with you Raven." Tempest said as he looked at him with an evil smile. "Let's get started."

Jesse and Jake were teleported to the Dragon Temple on top of the mountain near the city of Shangri-La.

"Your welcome." Jesse said in a slightly angry voice as he let go of Jake who fell into the snow.

It was as if he broke out of some sort of trance when they arrived back on the mountain. "What the heck was that thing?!" Jake asked. He was absolutely terrified about what he experienced.

"That thing is called Tempest. A being that will destroy everything in the universe starting with the Solar System if we don't find a way to stop him." Jesse told him.

"That is not what it looked like to me. What I saw was a..."

"Dragon?" Maelstrom asked. "It is what that thing used to be before he became what it is now. What you saw was an illusion as it began to try and consume you but luckily we managed to pull you back just in time."

"He said that he was not the only one that could do the things that he could do." Jake said as he looked at Maelstrom. "And I think he was talking about you!" 

Maelstrom gave a long hard swallow, "That is a half truth. I was sent here as a scout. My abilities are heightened because I'd have to be in the field alone. Tempest.. can warp reality. It's because of his massive influence over what humans call the Higgs Boson / Graviton interaction at the particulate level and field level. He can even oscillate time. Compared to Tempests' abilities, mine are mere trickery and distortion. He can literally change things at the sub atomic level. His state of being comes at an enormous cost. Don't let him deceive you, he is not like any other life form you have ever met. He has no instinct to breed, no love, no desire other than to consume. That is all a self-aware singularity knows. It wants to gain mass to preserve itself. It thinks of gaining mass and becoming more, that is its sole desire. Its one ambition is to grow ever larger."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"How can we defeat sure a creature?" Jake asked them.

"There might be some others that can help us but they are not here." Jesse then looked at Maelstrom. "I need to go to the Dragon Empire. Your people might have some scientists that know enough about him in order to either destroy him or imprison him again but in order to do that we will need their help. Which means we will need Tharg's help if I am going to get to them."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Jesse, I am the help. I still haven't told you everything. I'm Tempest's warden. The protocol is that if Tempest is released, I am to find him and trick him into merging with me. Which I will need to do now. The Empire won't even get close to the system. Their assets are too valuable for them to risk. They'll only come after Tempest if it becomes a threat to them directly again.. and they're preparing for that potential possibility even now. So lets go talk with the old dragon.. and see if he values millions of years worth of the information in my mind that he is missing."