The Second Industrial Revolution

Mogar

One of the side effects of the Imperium's bloat across the planet was the requirement for a large portion of jobs to be automated, the sheer scale had led to most security to be handled by drones. With the rapid decline in cost for automation, many other fields of employment for humanity were replaced with machines, from servers to taxi drivers, almost anything a human could do, a machine could do for less cost and with more efficiency. This in turn led to need for alternative employment, and with the world gone silent, fell upon the Imperium to provide. 

The tundra wastes of Aisu-shō had long been a source of wealth, and quickly became a source of jobs for many, the machines that stripped the resources from the ground never seemed to be fully automated, the human eye along with deep ground scans allowed for rapid recovery of whatever precious metals and various other resources could be found and sent off to be sucked up the massive elevators that dotted the equator now. Massive ships littered the atmosphere of Earth, ferrying tens of thousands off world daily, Luna, Mars and those astral bodies beyond became a refuge for the unemployed, the high levels of radiation on the inhospitable planets required man to do his own dirty work elsewhere in the solar system,

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: I cleaned out my inbox enough Jesbo, my thoughts were that no one was RPing so my society is basically going to drag the rest of the world to the early 22nd century technology, along with the beginnings of space faring becoming a perfectly normal thing for someone to do, since I always preferred to play in a world more like Lynneth's various creations or Naboo, I welcome anyone to jump off my skewed timeline of every CNRP iteration if they so desire.

Nearly every sort of resource that could be produced planetside was eventually sent offworld, to various colonies set out to the belt and beyond,  Mars gradually gaining a blue sky, more of a pale blue compared to Earth's anyway. The decades went by, and humanity began giving birth on other planets, Ceres and Mars were the most common, with Ceres eventually reaching over 8 million souls on any given day, though up to a quarter of them were non permanent residents. Mars eventually reaching nearly half of the population on Earth. Technology grew on every world humanity touched, and each world's technology grew in new branches, Ganymede became those who chose to live within the Outer Ring's bread basket, artificial domes created on the surface, along with mirror satellites to better use Sol itself to give life where none existed. It also happened to be one of the only places other than Earth with a magnetosphere, giving birth to the additional business of medical care, by far the most ideal place to give birth, besides Earth itself.

It was good for humanity that they began to live without the help from home, because home was quickly becoming intolerable.

ERROR: Data Corrupted̤̯̩̭̭̤̯̩̭̭ 
Reconstructing.
..̤̯̩̭̭̤̯̩̭̭̤̯̩̭̭̤̯̩̭̭̤̯̩̭̭

.̝̳̖͇͉̘̖̓̃͋̆̏͐ͩͫ͛̂̾̃̿͊̋ͫ̂̚̚͘͘͠͝.̶͍̘̳̬̩̯̬̖̟̦͙̝̦͔̠͉̾́ͨ͑͛̀̚̚͝.̧̜̝͖̬̜̰̩̒̈ͤ̓ͧ̊̑̐̋̋ͤ̒͊ͨ̑̈́̚
.̝̳̖͇͉̘̖̓̃͋̆̏͐ͩͫ͛̂̾̃̿͊̋ͫ̂̚̚͘͘͠͝.̶͍̘̳̬̩̯̬̖̟̦͙̝̦͔̠͉̾́ͨ͑͛̀̚̚͝.̧̜̝͖̬̜̰̩̤̯̩̭̭̒̈ͤ̓ͧ̊̑̐̋̋ͤ̒͊ͨ̑̈́̚..͔͇̜̻

.̝̳̖͇͉̘̖̓̃͋̆̏͐ͩͫ͛̂̾̃̿͊̋ͫ̂̚̚͘͘͠͝.̶͍̘̳̬̩̯̬̖̟̦͙̝̦͔̠͉̾́ͨ͑͛̀̚̚͝.̧̜̝͖̬̜̰̩̒̈ͤ̓ͧ̊̑̐̋̋ͤ̒͊ͨ̑̈́̚

.̴̧̗̬̪͚͈̮̬̖͚̭̞̣̗̗̤͎̘̾̍́̂̇̆̈́̂̃.̧̞͔͍̼̪̼̻̲̟͓̥̗̭̪͍͉̼͔̂̈̄̿́̎̈́ͣ͐̊̎̐́ͧͦͪͥ́̑̕͟͢ͅ.̡̩̘͕͕͍̟̳̭͙̳̥̳̮̱̹̺̼̼̈̆͒́̓͌̅̄͑͑ͭ̓̍̀͘͠͡
..͔͇̜̻̤̯̩̭̭
..͔͇̜̻̤̯̩̭̭
.̛̛̮̯̫̫͔͜͢ͅ.҉͢҉̮̹͔̳.̷͉̱̟̘͉̰̥͖̼̺͓̖͈̟͢͝
The widespread technological advances that the Imperium gave to the rest of the world led to many places where a̳̙͇͎ ̲̗̫c̹̲͍̼̱͔̮i̟̜͎͓̙t̰̤̘̥͓y̗̙̺̳͍͓ͅ ̟̻̫b͍̱̫̞͇̘̭a̮̱̤̳̜̺͉th̪̰̬e̻̖̟̥d̞̺ ͕̹͖̖i̺̙̻̦̹̥ͅn̹̦ ͍͖e̻̲̟̟x͙̫c̗e̘͇̩͕s̫s͓̪̺̦ stood as a beacon of light in a world that seemed as though it was dying, Neo York and Chicago among other cities of note whom had long since seen their governments dim and fade were given what amounted to vassal status from Imperium corporations ṯh̙̳̱ẹ͉͇̟ c̻͚̯͕̣o͙͚̤̬͈r̬̟͎͙͎̭p͖͓̭or̳͍̼̻̣a̱̯t̬̜̗i̞̖͎͓̭̖̻o̻n͕͔ ̭͎̮͍̳̗h̞͓a̩d͕͓̭͕͚ ̱̠̭͇̭r̲͉̯̝̝͕e͖̞̦͚p̙̰̯ͅl͉̻a̠͇͕̺̱͚̙ced͖͚̜̬̯̺ͅ ̗̖̼̞̪̝̝g͇̮̪͖o͉͙͉̮̬̱̖v̝̺͓̦̪e͖̤͔̟ͅr͚̺͔̹̦n̼̥̝m̮͚͚͈͎̪ḛ̥̼n̗̳t̳̥̠͙,͙̺̭̺ ͖̣̝a̮̬n̜̼͚͙̗d͚͈ ̯̪̗̭s̥͉̭̼̼͚͍o̹̹̥̥̟̘̪o̤͚̼͎n̻̜̰ t̪͓͍͖̩͕h̳͎̲̟e̝͍̫͍̣̭ ̼͙͇̺h͓̘̪u̺m̠an͔̘̣ ̜̯̮s̜̥o̦͖̪̯͎ụ̞̦̭l̻̮̯ͅ , and in exchange t̳͙̼͔ḥḛ̠̖̥ ̬̣̩̮͓͍c̼̖i̯͔͉͈͕t̘̯i̻̙̳͖ẹs ͓g̻̦̘̹͉̖̪r̠̯̟̻ẹw͈̫̩͎̪ͅͅ,̤̱̰̰̰̤ ̩̰͔̣̤t̪̝̺̙̯he̘ ̫̤͍̠t̮o̘w̳̤͎e̞̼r̼̳͎̞̣s͈ ͍̹̣̺w̱͈̜̦̣̺ͅe̱̘͓̻re̖͈͓ ̹͍̳̼͕̪͙t̪̤ẖe̮ ̘̼̺̦̞̙i͕̯̹̖̭ͅd̩͓̱̭̳̳o̰l̪͇̺̰͕̠s̩͇ ̠o̬̮̳͓̱f͔̰͚̙͇ ̰̬̠̟ͅͅt̫͈̙͍̣h̥̹̟̲̘̫̭e͓̞̰̱̜ ̼m̼̫e͈̹̩̫g̮͕͔a̘̬͈̘̫l̩͓̲͙͈͍o̱̻̱̝͓̖͕p̗̣̖̘o̩̮̬̻͙li̙̼̳s̠͓͔ that had spread across the planet, even the oceans themselves had become simply more towered to be filled with humans to be sent offworld, now only resource that the Imperium had quickly found itself in wanting. It was an ironic ending that the belief that o̪̠̮ṳ͚͈̣͔̼͈r̟ ̞͇̭̠̟͚ͅwor͍͔̰͎̟͇ld̯̦̹͔̞ w͖̱͖̻̜̬o̱̘ͅṵ̜̦̦̱l͍̭̭̪d̝͇̺̜ ̝̬̭b̭̻̱̦̩͙ụr̼̫̰̬͙͇̲n ͉̲͖̹̲͓i͚̝̣̪͖n ͕̫̦͇̤̹̘t̮̝̩h͙̱͎̖̬̜͎e͚͉̗̜ ̩̪̳f̝̯̮͉i͓̝̖̙͕̲r̺͚e̼̯͎̥s̫̜͉͙̜ ̺of͔̗ ̰͖hu̝͈̞̱͉ḅ̖̙̹̙ͅr̹̤̩̼̥̻i̻s̙͖̝̙̩ ̣̜̰a͍̝͖̫̣͍̜n͎̩͓̘̟̬d̲ ̜̞̟̥̞w͍͇̪͇a͈̼r͍̜̰͔͇̭ͅ, instead would end in harmony and peace, for the most part anyway.

Among most of the world, ṯh̙̳̱ẹ͉͇̟ c̻͚̯͕̣o͙͚̤̬͈r̬̟͎͙͎̭p͖͓̭or̳͍̼̻̣a̱̯t̬̜̗i̞̖͎͓̭̖̻o̻n͕͔ ̭͎̮͍̳̗h̞͓a̩d͕͓̭͕͚ ̱̠̭͇̭r̲͉̯̝̝͕e͖̞̦͚p̙̰̯ͅl͉̻a̠͇͕̺̱͚̙ced͖͚̜̬̯̺ͅ ̗̖̼̞̪̝̝g͇̮̪͖o͉͙͉̮̬̱̖v̝̺͓̦̪e͖̤͔̟ͅr͚̺͔̹̦n̼̥̝m̮͚͚͈͎̪ḛ̥̼n̗̳t̳̥̠͙,͙̺̭̺ ͖̣̝a̮̬n̜̼͚͙̗d͚͈ ̯̪̗̭s̥͉̭̼̼͚͍o̹̹̥̥̟̘̪o̤͚̼͎n̻̜̰ t̪͓͍͖̩͕h̳͎̲̟e̝͍̫͍̣̭ ̼͙͇̺h͓̘̪u̺m̠an͔̘̣ ̜̯̮s̜̥o̦͖̪̯͎ụ̞̦̭l̻̮̯ͅ. Population continued to spike as the species began to move beyond a traditional capitalist society, basic needs like healthcare, food, and most of an average education were taken care of by what remained of the government, corporations had more say in how society was ran and privatizing those particular businesses were considered ineffectual due to the inherent waste the concept of profit added to the cost of them, where the government was able to pay minimally for those medical professionals thanks to advances in science, the education requirement was significantly lowered for the vast majority of healthcare.

This particular story shall centered around Singapore. Th̤ḛ̖̭ ̪̺c̜̩i̪̲̭̞̜t͇͙y ̝̼̜͚̙̝̣h̜̠̳̗̱͎͉a̤̭̫̪̬͙d̳͇͖̺͉ ̤̯̩̭̭bec̺͚̱o̪̺͍͉̞̪ͅm̰̭̞̭̩͔͍e̹̜̟̦͕̦̝ ͓͎͉̺a̯̟̬̰ ͕̫r͚͔e̖̥̺̜f̣̪̖̻̭̜l͓͙̤̭e̻̻̖̻̞̻c̱̳͍̤̼ti̺̥̬̰o̦̜̰̠̺̬ͅn̘ o͔̝͍̲f̫͎̞̜̗ͅ ̖͔͚̖ͅth̼͈̥͖o͇̮̦͉͈̱ͅse̮̘̭̦̘̟͉ ͉w̭̪h̞o̠̰͕͖̗̘̜ ͍͕͈̜͔̞i̭̦̟̜͇ͅṉ̗̰͙͍̻ͅh̯͇̘̹̻̠ab̩̣i͍̪͓͍̼t̪e͖̮̮̺ͅd̹ ͔i̜̼̩̜̳t͍͔̮̞̩̣̰.͔͇̜̻ glassy, skinny and filled with narcotics. the most used space elevator led to Singpore having long since stretched out beyond the island and onto the mainland surrounding, for almost a decade now the most populated city region on Earth, reaching almost 50 million souls upon the island and within the eight stations in orbit at the very top of the massive construct several kilometers to the south of the main city.

Li̝̱̜k̦̠̪e̜̬̥͙̖̺̼ ͚̟̗̙̤̙̯o̖u̩̠r ̘̞͇c̦͎̭̗ͅi͎̜̠̺̭̳ṭ̜͍̺͍̳ie͈̖̹͓̬s̭,̻̗ our̻̘̤̦̱͔ ̫̠̝̪̺̳͉d͉i̙s̜̺̯̜e̲̣͈a̯s̥̣̩̬̜e̹͈̥͓͖s͇̹̲̼ ̮̮͈c͎̬̩͉͍h͕a͉͎n͚̥̥͇g͕̲̠ḙ̖̘̱͚̰͖d͉ͅ, maladies of the mind and machine blended together, virulent plagues could be spread through Wifi and satellites, rendering those with particular augments damaged or dead, it was a brave new world, and though it was not yet perfected, the chirps of datastreams being shouted out, searching for something else in the darkness made a change from the silence which had overtaken much of the planet.

Like everywhere else in the Imperium, シンジケート had control of the underworld, and by extension, had wormed its way into almost every aspect of the off world transit, holding defacto control over the vast docks, and the surrounding ͓̟͖̦ͅs͕̬͙͓̦̥̦l̥͔̹͔̩ͅu͔͙̝͕m̙̟̟̬̗̞s̹͙̭̠̜͉ͅ. The shanty towns that floated around the Elevator and artificial islands around it ̭̠̣̜̟w̺̪͇e͎̝̝re̘̳͚̩̙ ̮͇̞ͅf̳͇̤͎ͅul̬̝̜̗l̯̺̭̻̤̱ ̙̲̦o̲f͚͍̞̮͔̟ͅ ̙̣th̘̬͕̝͈̩̪o̦̦̱̼s͙̭̠̬͈e͖ ̺̦w͈̼̗̻̻͕ͅh̪̰̭o̤̟̘̝̻ ̺͍h̘̗a̞̯d̞̱͙͖͙̰̹ ̭̙̭̲l̳̲̦̪͙o̥̹̰s̗t̯̥̲͍̻ ̼̩͉th̞ẹ͖̙i͖͖͖͓̪͙̼r͕ a͓b̪̖̱i̠̗̜̼̼̖̖l͚̼͓͔̩i̼̦̹̭t̙͍͚̟y̝̝̼̩ t̝̫̼̼̥̟͈o͍̞ ̮̦̜͍̠̦f͔̦̪ḛ̲e͈̹l, t̺̥̜̲̺̯h̫̖̹̫e̟͈͔͈ ͉̱ͅs̪̳͕i͙̗̣̼̪̪̝c̪͉̤̰̺͙kn͚͙̤es͈̹̼s͈̤ to͔̱̘͙o̻̯̪̘̬k̖͇̘̲͍ͅ ͙̙̥̤̬̥a̞͔ll̯ and it had spread among the rest of the planet, few would be left truly pure, the species moving ever forward, unable to stop the transition into something more than human.

Some were kept in a state untouched, their air cleansed through artificial means, others felt t̬̜̳͕̟̹͓h͔̤̠e̪ ̤̫̦̞̙ͅw̬͍̣̭͍̤i̻n̺̼̥d͖s͔͇ that c̺͇o̪u̮̹̙̹̯͇̲l̲̗ͅͅd̙̞͈ͅ ̼͍̭ͅc̗̱̦̗̤o̲͖̤͙rru̹̜̭pṱ̥̖̺̥͔̩ o̙̘͉̣u̹r̺̻ ̠͈͇̞̙̜mi͈n̤̞͓̬ds͍̗,̥̭̖͉̣ ͓̘͕͚̠o̗̭u͔̱̤r̠̠͍̻̲͕͉ ̦ve̪̜̼͎͇͕͔r̯y ̟̪̬̫͕so̗ͅuls͈̫̜̼̜. Yoriko Iesada had grown up in the toxic environments, having been born in Dalian, a child of factory workers, she quickly learned how to take care of herself, drawing the attention of the local underworld, and once she proved the ability to act with deadly intentions, her gifts were put to use and her ascent through the ranks came naturally. 

In certain bars within the Extended Dock Zone, it was commonplace for weapons to be visible at all times, The Syndicate showing force kept those bars safe, very few unwilling to act up when even if you manage to kill whomever you may have issue with, a dozen others would mow you down where you stood. Tonight however, it seemed there would be those who wished to challenge Yoriko, the bartender chirping an encrypted databurst "y͙͖̗̪͎̪o͚̭͔̭̥̠ṳ͖̖̭͈̦̘ ͙̥͈̭̯a͎̯re͉͈̮̣̹̺ͅ ̠̹̙̪̯̞̜n̯̥͚o̳͕͖̺t̜̯̙̠ ͎̻a̗͍͇͇͎͉̱lo̞̭̳͈n͉̯̞͉̬̹ͅe̳̞̲̠͈͇̣" made her look up from her conversation partner, those around her hearing the same message and preparing for a fight.

All b̺͖͔̦i̜̪͞g̙̭̼̰̘͍͞ͅ ̱̥̗̀t̰͖̙͈̟̦̤h̫̱͍̩̭͓̘i̘̦̤̹n̷g̸̙s̘̼͖͕ ̦̟h͚̠̳̕a͟v̳̤̺̪͔͎͇́e s̼̮̗̟͝m̤̦͈̺̟̕a̟ḽ̤̯͎̥ļ̭̼͔͖ ͈͢b̡̝̺̗͙̖e̼̼͓͈͚g̸i̡n̸͔n̸i̩̰ͅṉ͔͍̥̯͖̻g̯͙s and this particular bar fight would turn out to be one of very large consequence. 
Across the room, Namiko Shimaoka and a half dozen of her subordinates were also preparing for some action, having traveled all the way here from Mars. Her family was part of the first generation that had colonized the world from the Imperium and she was one of the first born on the red planet. 

Not a naturally born child, the artificially implanted embryo was genetic modified to near perfection, and the hardships added from the radiation had made those born away from Earth's gravity became particularly attuned to their modifications, the lesser gravity somehow bonding humanity further with the enhanced abilities given to them, whether internal or external integration, in particular the pilots of numerous military equipment, everything from starships to mechanized infantry was better out among the stars, this left Earth's only control over the stars technological, but soon even that gap had been closed, Mars shipyards quickly surpassing those of Earth.

This is not a story about technology however, instead one of the child coming home to claim their place at the table.

f̙̤͇̫̕r҉̞̪̩̬͓̝o̪ͅm̪͍̯̩ͅ ̭ṭ̸͔̙̲̦̱͖h̫͎̹̼̭͜e͘ ̭͎̮̯̬̟ș̝͝t̷̙a̘͕̣͎̹tic͓̱͎̪̳͘ ̼̗̣w̦̯̝͈e͇̙͎̺͘ ͉̦͖r͍̻i̪̘̟̪̻s̵̫̪̞̘̬͈̱ȩ͎ͅ

Edited by Mogar
R̹͎̯̳̙̩͔̖̟͒͗̿ͥ͆ͦͨ̉̾̌͗ͪ͜ͅè̷̵͎̤̺̤̺͊̏͑ͫͯ͂͗͑̔a̧̙͖̝̜͓͙͈̗̼̠͕͕̬̠̒̉͌̽̀̾͢s̸ͯͪ̓̽̎̽̊ͩ͏̧̪̰͎̳͔̩̻̖̫̘͍̤̣͙̭̫̀o̥̫̮̫͕ͤ̂͆͊ͯ̋͑̒̆̍͒̃ͨ͝n̸̡̯͙̬̗͕̼͎̰͈͑̑̿̽̂ͭͭ͒ͮ͋ͯͯ̉͐́̕͜s̶͖̰̬̘͕͔̯̲̠̘͓̖̅͗̈̆́̊̑̀͒̅̓ͣ̇̑̏̚͝͞ͅ

T̹̲̭̻h̩̗̱e̙ ̗̪̟̣̦i̯̞͈̭̺͈̖m̜̹̥̳̻p̖̟l̳̣̪̺̝͉̝i̱c͙̫̝̲̪a͙̟͙̘ͅti̙͚on̺̯̻̱̞̤̯ ̞̘̹̼̭͕̳t̞̭̝̘̝͉h̙̮̰a̤̮̣̘̺ͅt̯̺͔̰ ̖͈̦̞̞̜a͙̠͓n̜̩ ͎A̬̳̖̘͍̖̱r̤͔̜̖̠͇t͖̜͎̹̦̣i͖̮f̻͇̝̠͕̪̯i͔c̜̹͈̹̹i̮̝̲̫̭ͅa̦̭̫̗l͇͍̱ In͇̲t͎̟͍̝͍e̞̙̻l̟̺̜̪̼l̪͎i̮̩͚̙̼͉̙g̦̦̞̟e͉n̖̪̩c̹̱͎e͎ ̱͇͇̰w͇͎̠̮̘̱̠o̺͔u̦l̼d͉̪̠͎ ̥̩͚̺͇t͙͕̘͓ͅurn͔̯̳̺̹̦̰ ̜h̳̭͎̭͕͇o͎st͈̜̖i̞̘̗̬̗͎ͅl̫̝̹͈e̬̠̻͔̱̦͉ ͖̪̲̦i̖s̭͍̫̖͚̪ ̘̮͉͕̖en̺̖̪t̰̲͚ir̺ͅe̮̖l̬̳̺̙y̬̫ ̞̙͙͖͇ba̬͓͓s͍̻e̫̼̻̪̩͚d̥̹̫͔̳ ̼̼̙a̝r̬o̼̹̞u̩̞̯̗n͙̰̝̬̦͓d̜͇̳͖͕ ̲a͕͉nt̺̣h̳͍͇̲ͅro̜͈͍̦̣p̙̦̜͉̯͙̮o̬͙͓̜m͙͍̮̻or̺̼̩͕ph̝̲͎̤͉͖i̞̥̥s̠̲̭m͎̺.̯͔̩̼̰̯ ̝̬̝̬̘̫ͅW͙̟̯̪͕̝̺e ̯p͇ͅṷ͇t̳̰̖̤̠̟̦ ̞̬t̰ḫ̹a̪͖̞͇̞t͙͔̮̪ ͎̱̣̙̪̬̺o͚͎̻̪n̦͇͈͍̳to̪̬͙̻̩ ̘͔̪̫̻̖A͍̞̹.͚̬̬̟̳I̲͈͈̟̼͙.͈̫s̠ ͉̮̦̲̼̮b̟̹̤̪e̫̹͈c̤̬͎̞͈ͅa̲͇͈͙͇̠̻us̗e ̘͚̫͓̠̺w̫̙e̝̝ ̼̟ṭ̦̘ṷ̳r͇̥̘͇̮̻n̮͍̱ ̝̖h̗̼̳̩o̻͇͔͖st̘̱̠i̙̤̱̜͍l̫̗̗͇͓e̬ ̮̯w̩͙̻͉̮͇̠h͚̼̱e̠̬n̝̩̹̖̣̯̘ ̦͈͉͓̣g̝̲̲̭̞͚iv̲̖̹̗͎̼̻ḛ̰̥n͈ ̝̪̻̝p͙͇o͍̮̫͕͕̯͙w̮͍̥͚̘e̟̤̯r͇͎̻̠̖ͅ.̭̪͇̮ͅ ̹͙͔T̹h̹̩̝̦̯e̩͔̲͓̖ͅ ͖͙g̮͉͖̟ͅe͓͎̮̦͙ṉ̹̞͍̠o̖̬̣͓̖ͅcid̦͕̠̩e̘͚͉̱̲̱̝ ̦̙͉̙͔̫̩thr̺͈͈̘o̙͓̯̠u̻g̩͍̞̟̲͈̼h̤ ̪̣̟̩͚m̯̱ͅa̼̪̳̯ss ̞͕̻͙͉̹̜e̤͉͕̼̩͓̗xt̲e̠̼̱͇̱̥ͅr̮̼͙̖̖̭m̺̖̺ͅi̹̥n̞̟̦͉̲̠a͇̮͚t̻͚i͚͈̜͚͇͔o̠͖n̼ ͖͓̻̰̜̫̜v̲ia͔͎̟̱̜ ͔f̦̰o͇o͈͇t̰̘̙͈̹̳ ̹̞͓̳̤̞w̻̯̰̘̞̟͕a̙͓̞̟̳̦r/̙̣n͍ṳ̹͍̲c̦̻le͍̣̩a͕̮r͍̘͖̣ ̟̜̥̞̝w͕͙͔͎̫̻ͅe̫̺̪͔̺̠̙ap̳o̭̞n̼̳̤̼̗s͎ ͚̘B͙̣̮S̪͙ ̥͍̼i̼̦s a͇͈̗̪͖̩ͅ ͓̙̺̬͍h̫̟͕͙̘u̩̥̺ma͍̮̠̣̗n̘̜̬̟̺ͅ ͙͕̣̝͎͉f̗̳͚̮̱͎̱a̗n͙̦̺̫̗̜t̰̟̞̻ͅasy͍͓͕̻͇.̮ͅ A͔̙̮̻̤̦ͅn ̹̠͔̫̦A.̥̙̗I̙͉͔̬̬̠̣.̟͕̜̝ d͕̗̳̙͚͓o͚̯e̜̣̗̲̦̪s͉̜͔̝̬͕ͅn̲̭͉’̯͔̰̦̙t ̬͙̥̖n̰̻͍̩̳̥͇ḙ̗̰e̗d͕ ͚to͍̼ ̟̱̪̦̯̬͓do̯̙̦̯̪͓ ̲̖̰̖͚̗̱a̠̩͚̻̪̲̳n͙͚ͅy̟͖̭t̺̼̟h̥̜̜̙͖ͅi̞̱̭ͅn̼͉̝g̭̭͚̻̝ ̰̰̼̮b̻̰͖͇̮eyo̬ṉ̟̟̲d͈̣̖ man̗̪̙̱̰̫ị͈̘̮̥ͅp͉̖̙͚͍̳u̫̪͇̹͍͍ḽ̙̜͇͕a̬̹͈̙͎͕̮te̜̜ da̤̱t̳a͖ t̹̖̥͖̠o̪͉̰̳͚̞̱ ͇̙̟͖̦͕̦ge̺̞̭̠̞͓͉t̥͓̭̻ͅ ̪̮̩̮̘̳̘w͕̝ḫ̮͔̪at̲ ̩͇̳͔͔i̩̯͎͕t ͔̬̜̜͙̹͖w̭̭̗͙̫a̬̻̤̻̩̺̝n͚̼̣t̖̞̣̟͕s̘̼̞̩̟.̼͕̺̪͎̳ͅ ̠̙I̤̱͈̲̩t̳̫͙͙ͅ ̗̺̤͖̮͙ͅwo̹̼̝̞u̞͇l͚͚͓̳d͖̹̥͉̫̦ͅ ̬̗̣͚a̠cc͙o̠̭̣͖ͅm̠p͈̺ḽ̻̮i̬͖͚͕͎ͅs̱͎̩̙̱̘ͅh̝̭͇ ͓̰̼͚͔̹i̱̫͕͚͚͇ts̰͚̭͍͕̱̠ ̝͉̜̜go̘̗̣a̮̠l͚̟̱͙͓̱̳s ̹͕͔ͅas̻̲̭ ͖̬͇̝e̼͖̟͈f̠͖̤̗̥͔̦f̜͚ͅi̗͉̹̰͈c̙̗̰̯̤i͓̩̦ͅe̻̹̫̤ntl̟̺̠̗̗̫y̻͔̻̤̺ ̩̗̤̻̼̖a͙͕̗̬ͅs p̗o̙̠̝͎̲s̞̠͇̠̯͉̲siͅb̠͎l͔̩̥ͅe͕͈̲̱̞.

Namiko was an excellent student upon Mars, the first educational facilities similar to a military school rather than the traditional setting, due to the rather extreme nature of their very existence, it took decades to form an atmosphere, and longer still to to make the air breathable by humans. As such, Namiko was trained from an early age to defend herself well, and how to remove others as a threat before she would actually have to defend herself in the first place. Mars was a harsh place and the requirement for defensive naval power, in equality with Earth was a top priority, and she found herself enrolled after graduation, working on the first ships to explore from Mars as their home world, not Earth.

The P̛̒ͪ͛̐̇̐̄͐̏̌͆ͫͤ̚͘͡҉́l̶̛ͧ̉ͯ̾̍̇͌͋̓̈̇͟͞҉a̷͗͒̎͑̍̏̅͌̒ͯ͛ͪ̀̚͘͝nͩ͂̓͂̎͘͝͏e͐̆ͩ̎̉͊̂ͬ̄̊ͣͮͮ̓̚͠t̶͗ͬ̄̔ͪͤ̋̿̽̓̎͒̀͠ became a center of the forefronts of human science, developing particularly useful ability to transit even faster than those vessels created upon Earth, and shared this technology with their homeworld. Materials found within the asteroid belt were used to create newly advanced stealth composites, allowing for vessels to effective disappear off nearly every form of spectrum, only certain radar frequencies could detect the craft, and up until several hours ago, they had not shared this technology with their homeworld. I have of course, ç̯͎͕͕̭ͅo̢̠͉̝p̨̯̮͓ͅi̷̗̹͈ęd͖̟̠̩̯ t̙̗̩̼̬̦͝ḥ̡̜̼̩̪̹iͅs̸̟̳̠ ̫̱̫t͓̞̼̖̳͎e͏̼͚͙̣c҉͇͇͕͈ḩ͇n̯̖͈o̠̜͕l̘̥͇̘ͅo̟̻g̴͓̼y̸̜̫ ͓̗̞͠fr̖͚̖̦͖̻o̜m̻̳̭͕ ̡̱̰͓t͍̱̝̖̠̗͚͜h̭̠e̥͔̝̲͚̬͝i̙̜̼̭r̪ ̵̘͈̪̭d̖̣áta̶̩̳̱̺̺̭b͓͈̦a͏̠͍͔̭̣̫̰s͎͇e͎̩̳̜͚s̺̱̦, and added it to the blueprints for the Taihōmaru.

Namiko rose quickly within the Martian Navy, though only electing to serve her initial four years. She was able to transition into civilian life almost immediately, her own local Syndicate found particular use of her piloting ability, believing her to almost have a sixth sense with the craft. Reckless, she scared nearly everyone brave enough to fly with her, but maintained a perfect record, her only recorded impact debris flung into her by a craft she had just fired upon, causing minimal damage to the hull and paint. Beyond that she always brought her ship back to port safely, along with everyone upon it. The Syndicate has also managed to steal this technology, and the ship that Namiko piloted here is likely one of the most intimidating frigate sized craft that humanity has ever created.

In an instant, half of those gathered here found themselves dying rather quickly, augmentations allowing for near perfect targeting, personal shields did make a few shots miss, but that was to be expected, and even the most advanced models rarely could block more than a full magazine before failure. the two main characters of this story soon found themselves alone except for one another, Hiding behind an overturned table, Yoriko favored a laser pistol, which quickly burned through Namiko's energy shielding and forced her to remain behind the bar where she found herself reloading, she had seen the flicker of Namiko's shielding upon the last bullet, it was now a matter of timing.

• 2 weeks later...

Upon the other side of the world on the island of Marajó at the mouth of the Amazon, another spire into the sky stood tall, surrounded by the endless metal and glass that came with the most of the Imperium's č̵̰̣͇̗̥̞͍̳̝ͧ͌͋̃͌̂̀̈ͮͣ̄ͭ́r̵͎̰̜͇̫̦̹̳̻̦̤̃ͬ͊̋̒́́̓ͥ̂̆ͮ͋ͪͦ̒̂ͨ̚͢͟͡ẻ̶̢̟̙̙̩̞̖̦̲̠̮̤̹̗̘̼͛̋ͣ̀̌ą̷̟̝̩̞̞ͪ̐̓ͭ͒̋͑̀ͪ̇ͨͩ̽̈́ͧ̃̋͘t̵̷̢̧̼͎͎̭̪͚̮̰͈͖̱̺̙̓͒ͥ̐̓̈́͗̈͆̏̇͊ͭ̋̅̃ͤi̷ͮ̊̄̊̔̓̏̓ͣ̓̀̀̆̽̓͒̈̽̚͞҉̧̹̱̤̰͇̻̜̻͇͉̖̙̙̳̲̖̪͇ō̎̈́͌̏̋͂̄͂̃̆̃́ͥͦ͏҉̴͓̫̠͢n̶̛̮̹͕̟̲̟̥̙̥͕̣̤̉ͣͫͫ̌̀͠ͅs̤̲̹̭̬̭̰̥͉̍͌ͮͥ̅͒ͨͪ́ͪ͟͠.̷̨̢͌̏ͫ̓҉҉͍͈͚͉̱̞̖̠͎̺̜͉̮͓̫̬ͅͅ

Mars had quickly grown to a formidable rival to Earth, shipyards built in orbit of Deimos had spent years constructing much larger designs which had not yet been utilized by Earth. Although there were enough defensive platforms upon Earth, Luna and the various lagrangian points to make life for such spacecraft near the homeworld rather dangerous, far beyond Earth they began to make the Imperium wary enough to turn their focus upon alternative technologies to create a gap between Earth and Mars. The organizing for facilities to be constructed far beyond even Martian eye. Slowly ships would disappear off their original trips and end up headed towards Triton where research into more radical sciences to maintain superiority in speed of travel to allow for any hypothetical capital ships to be a significantly more challenging to deal with. Such an advance would also make it much harder to maintain fleet defenses against as they could simply outmaneuver enemy flotilla.

Mars was a unique place for construction of the glittering skyscrapers that MoG[Corp] favored, and had an unusual design to reach towards the sky. Balancing the two planets which now dominated human politics was a delicate game, and keeping the peace was preferred for the significant economic benefit that free and peaceful space provided. Unfortunately this had begun to become more expensive to maintain as Mars had been born of a natural rivalry, though things were happening elsewhere in the solar system that were important to our story.

One of the flaws with the Imperium was that half of the world's population found themselves in what amounts to poverty, they weren't starving but beyond the bare minimum they had no potential at a future upon the homeworld, more and more jobs had been replaced with artificial creations, the vast majority of policing across the planet was now drone enforced. Imperium limitations for military were kept on the homefronts, allowing for autonomous suppression of any incidental complications with the monopolization of resources by the Elevators that had sprouted forth from earth to reach towards the heavens.

Some regions of Africa were beginning to show signs of life once more and the potential risks were essentially ignored, if other governments were to begin to break the silence that had spread across the world it would be a welcomed change from the present. Very little money had been spent on maintenance of the defenses for home, there was not much of a point and the sheer number of population under the Imperium's control had meant there was little purpose on defense when it could be better spent upon just about anything else.

One of the preferred options to waste capital on was a research station on Ganymede, which would lead us to something that would change the balance of Sol System.

• 1 month later...

One in 200 stars has habitable Earth-like planets surrounding it - in the galaxy, half a billion stars have Earth-like planets going around them - that's huge, half a billion. So when we look at the night sky, it makes sense that someone is looking back at us.
-Michio Kaku

Evolution has always taken many forms upon Earth and it was rather unsurprising that mankind was not the first to evolve in its region of space. Ganymede was one of the most significant planets in the Sol System perhaps even more than Earth would be to other species since contained more water than all of the water currently held by humanity. The majority of the scientists stationed on the rock found the assignment to be rather dull, but several were able to at least fly around the planet for close surface scans. It took quite some time but eventually something was found. A small ọͨͦ͌͝b̖͐̈́͆ŝ̹̻̏ͥ͂͐͘i̸̳̲̘͌̀͒̿ͮ̚dͫi̴͉͓͗̓ä̵̦̳̯̻͎̜̈́ͅn̖̭̗̩͟ craft m͓̩̽̍͊̄͋͐a͚̩̱͉̬͉̅̈́͑͒ͩͭd͎͓̳̖̩̳̳̺̼̔͗ͩ̋̀͑̈́e̝̝͍̤͖͈͋̆̒̽ ̞̞͚̣̫̜͈̩̑ͧͨ̎̃o͔͇̹͓̤̲ͨ͋̀̒͊͊̏ṷ̺̹͖̺̍̑̇ͫ͐ͥt̠͑̈́ͥ̈́ͧ ̬͉̘͎̘̖ͨͫ͛ā͖̯̹͎͎̬̙ͩ ͈͔̮͕̠̐̄ͨͅm͉̥̦̄̍̆ͮe̥͇̱̫͍̯̗̦ͤ̄͐̂̏̐ͣt̲͈̦͙͙̥̖̭ͩ͛͆ͦa̖̖͈̭͖̩̜͎͚ͭ̒̔ͣl̹̱̻̻̥̩̬̍͋̎̽ͥ ̬̪͇͉̗͓͊ͨ̈̂͒ͥͯu͓̞̜̣̒ͨ̈́̐͆̂̚n̳͚̜̮̠̺̋ͦ́l̝̞̋͆̀ͧͅi͔̒́k̮͓͕̈́̆̌̎̿̅ē͙̺̘̺̗̬̬͌̍ ͕͈̤̩̙̘ͣ̊̽a̩̣̹͍̖̖̜̺̓ͨ̑͛n̳͖̦͇̹̻̗̾͗͌͛͆̏ẏ̻̳̪̫̃͑̏ͨ ͕̜̟͋̈h͕̝͉̰̙̱̹̣͙̞͔̤͍̮̎͐̊̓͐ͨ̇̓̇͛͐ͬ͘͝͡ͅu̶̬͖̦̼̘̬̦͍͇͙̿͋ͪͦ͑̾ͥ͑͊͒̾͒̀̆ͩͩ̇ͮ͘͢͞m̵̨̡̩̘̝̼̼̠͉͓̲̠̝̬̼͎̭̟̿ͬͯ̓́ͩ͑͂̎͌͌̆̾̈̇͂̕a͂ͣ̈́ͥ̾͂ͤ̄̒̉̅̾͗̐̀͘҉̣̤̬̠̗͎̞̖͍͙͚̝͈̩̩ͅn̴̡̢̺͖̎ͯ͆̍ͥ̏̋͑̈̇̇̚͜͞ͅỉ̶̹͙͍̙͖̙̣͆ͭ̄͌̕͜͠ţ̷̨̼̜̼̺͎̩̼̲͖͍̺̟̭̭͗̃̏̑͞͝ͅỳ̷̷̟̞̱̖̬̤̺̯̫̯͔͉͕͉͕͌̽͊ͧ̊͘͢ ̇ͮ͐̀͑͋̃ͨ̿̅͊̓ͦ̔ͯ̔̀̊͏̢̩̠͕͓̯͙̣̭̮̥͚̯͜ͅḩ̷̲͈̭̹̜̞̞͓̺̩͂̌ͦ̏̈́̀͡a̷ͣ̍̽ͭͫͫͫ͛͗̑̃̔͜҉̥̥͔̰̫̻̹͖̠̯̜̮͈̰̺̩̪͡d̸̢̯̜͙̯͔̜̪́ͧ̌̅͐̓̐̚͢͢ ̵̹̲̰̣̮̮͈͎̜͔̮̻̝̭͓̠ͭ̐ͯͤ̃͂̈̓ͦ̈́͒̀̒̌ͥ͞bͭ̍̽ͧ͋́ͭͮ̐̍̍ͧ͒҉̧͏̼͙̜̬̠̻e̷̡̲̩̖̫͙͉̭̩͔̦̬͎̼͇͛ͧ̃ͧ͗̾̈͊̈́̂̑͜͞ȅ̵ͤ͆ͮ͑ͫ͆̃ͩ̎̀҉̻̖̬̱͇̻̘̗̮̥͙̘̯͎̫̳̘nͫ̑͌̋̉̿̆̆̀̽͂ͩ̊̈ͤ͆̀͟͞͏͍̙̣̦̩͚̳͙̟̠ ̷̢̢̹͉̻͓̐̓ͯ͗ͦ͆ͣ̿͌̏ͣͦ̅͗͆ͩ̍̈́͝a̗̰̹̮̲̻̲̹̼̺ͨ̊̒͆ͪ̎̇͐ͤ̎̓̊̀͢͡͞͡b̴̸̡̢̠͍̦̩̓̌̍̈̐ͩ̈̒̆ͪ͆̅̾̓ͬ̄͝l̮̖̳̖͖̤͔͚̫̝̦̓̂ͥ̅ͩ́͢ͅͅe̷̺͉̝͇̘̩͓ͣͨ̈́̾ͥͦ́ͅ ̶̛̣̥̬͚͔̒ͬ͂ͥ̑̈́̓͡ͅt̵̨̧̼͓̙̹̩̞̠̙̹̭̖̱͕̮̳̳̠͎ͥ̈͊̇ͥ̇ͤ́͝o̶ͣͤͮ͌̂͂͞͏͙͓̺͍ ̸̷̡̱̗͔̠͕̯͍͚͙̘̠̙̘̅̍̐̅̅̒ͭ͛̈́ͅͅf͒ͦͯ̐̉̄̎̊͢͠͏̶͍̙̭̜͈͇͔̥͔͍̣̗ͅͅo̶̗̺̫̞̼̲̼͇̼̹̗̤̲ͯͭͦ̄̀͟ͅr͉̗͈̥ͪ́̌͢͠͞g̸͉̺̼͕̰̮͔͕͑ͧ͌ͦ̚͟͝͞e̵͈̩̦̱̪̭͚͔̙̲̰͚̜̙̱̲̯̍ͫͫ̈̋ͩ̉̔͘͘͠ͅ ̸̴̷̨̬͈̬̘͎͖̱̬͇̣͇͉̬̣͉̿̑ͬ͗̆ͪͯ́ͅͅy̷̲͇̰͓̜͖͗ͮͦ̇ͩͤͯ̀ͪ͐ͩͫ́ͯ͛ͮ̎̽́͘e̢̗͓͔̳̗͚͉̬̣̖̞͎̱̊ͨ̽͊͐͌̔̐̾͂̕t̴ͤ̆ͦ҉̻͚̬̳̰͍͖̯̦̬̯͙̯.̴̢̡̭̦̞͎͉̼̝̍̊̿ͫ͘͜.̨̨̧̖̤̳̥̯̠͈͈̻ͮ̅̄̇͟.̷̛͐͋ͫ̓́̒ͫ̾̅̆͆ͪ̍̆̉̓̈́̎͏̡̤͙̼̙̜̻̺͙̝͚̩͖̹̭̯̦

Edited by Mogar