• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Really, Rey?

Do you even read things before you respond, or are you actually suggesting that the entirety of ODN (or any AA) just mindlessly follows their SecState without thinking for themselves?

To be fair, isn't there an entire thread elsewhere that states that people like most of MI6, but they're fighting all of them because of stuff Chim says?

3 minutes ago, Walshington said:

To be fair, isn't there an entire thread elsewhere that states that people like most of MI6, but they're fighting all of them because of stuff Chim says?

A better chunk of that thread (at least what I've read of it) involved many former MI6 members who broke away and didn't follow what Chim said, so... That kind of proves my point that the entirety of every Alliance doesn't mindlessly follow someone.

-Sighs.- This place is really too easy.

1 minute ago, DeathAdder said:

A better chunk of that thread (at least what I've read of it) involved many former MI6 members who broke away and didn't follow what Chim said, so... That kind of proves my point that the entirety of every Alliance doesn't mindlessly follow someone.

-Sighs.- This place is really too easy.

No no, not the alliance follows him mindlessly, but that he is seen as the face of the alliance and what he says is taken as representative of that alliance.

That I entirely agree with. However, the OP that ForSparta posted claimed that ODN was coddling NPO over CnG honoring their treaties. He afterwards edited it and said that Os was merely coddling them, not the entirety of ODN..

That specific edit, seemed, at least to myself, to be what Rey disagreed with when he called Os the face of ODN. At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure more people than OsRaven (the entirety of the signatory list, perhaps), regardless of his personal reasons (which are irrelevant to the DoW), were involved in making the decision to activate the MDAP.

14 minutes ago, Neo Uruk said:

at this point i'm not even coherent enough to remmeber what i said

and i'm not going back to look

SO, in light of that, i think we can all agree that i'm a big dumb baby

Sounds like SOMEone replies quickly, and is likely a poor magician.

20 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Sounds like SOMEone replies quickly, and is likely a poor magician.

You got me there. Last time I worked the rabbit-hat gimmick, the little rodent came out of somewhere much less flattering.

9 hours ago, hobbies0310 said:

lol cool story scrub.

Hoping this a fun war for both parties.

You might be right, your bloc could straight up collapse like some sort of combination of wet fart and cardboard before Oculus turns you in a pile of rubble. Honestly,  8 wars, 3 people, TLR? Jesus. And these are the competent people! Can't imagine what GATO would look like. 

10 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

This is essentially my point exactly. Whether one is the face of their Alliance or not is irrelevant. I have yet to meet any AA where one singular individual reflects the whole of the Alliance's opinion on any number of things. Doesn't discredit the fact their opinion will carry a lot of weight on a subject, but that is an entirely different conversation.

Have you met Cowboys?

1 hour ago, Emperor Whimsical said:

You might be right, your bloc could straight up collapse like some sort of combination of wet fart and cardboard before Oculus turns you in a pile of rubble. Honestly,  8 wars, 3 people, TLR? Jesus. And these are the competent people! Can't imagine what GATO would look like. 

Maybe that's the point, once the bloc is shown to not be worth the salt anymore. It could find the sword turned on them.

On 20.6.2016 at 0:45 PM, Emperor Whimsical said:

Hi. Have you met TLR? We were kind of inactive beast even in our prime, now we're like Os said, "associated rabble". Don't expect so damn much.

On 21.6.2016 at 4:46 AM, Spartacus1082 said:

Good luck to our allies in TLR.  And you guys in ODN too I guess........

<3

P.S. The traditional "once more unto the breach..." is here. 

On June 28, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Elorian said:

Hi. Have you met TLR? We were kind of inactive beast even in our prime, now we're like Os said, "associated rabble". Don't expect so damn much.

<3

P.S. The traditional "once more unto the breach..." is here. 

This isn't necessarily true - TLR plunged into the breach for NPO against Fark and FAN back in the day and had over 200 members at our prime. We used to be able to rouse a great war effort regardless of activity, but TLR is past its prime, like you said. 

I hope this stirs some activity in you guys. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Devilyn Caster said:

This isn't necessarily true - TLR plunged into the breach for NPO against Fark and FAN back in the day and had over 200 members at our prime. We used to be able to rouse a great war effort regardless of activity, but TLR is past its prime, like you said. 

I hope this stirs some activity in you guys. Good luck!

The best war we had, more than 300 listed members online at the same time on Fark's board. Will do it again.

:wub: