TIR war update

1 hour ago, Unknown Smurf said:

Why is those handful of DK going rogue related to Mongols war? Honest question.

Addaff's little group of nations attacking Valhalla was literally the flash point for this entire war. He was sanctioned as a rogue (standard rogue protocol forever) on pink. His sanction led to an Oculus government member being sanctioned by Bones and the rest is history.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, The Warrior said:

Addaff's little group of nations attacking Valhalla was literally the flash point for this entire war. He was sanctioned as a rogue (standard rogue protocol forever) on pink. His sanction led to an Oculus government member being sanctioned by Bones and the rest is history.

What sparked these many separate but very similar wars Oculus has done in the past few months was Oculus.  You made the choice for wars, so don't !@#$%* and moan about it.

13 minutes ago, Caliph said:

What sparked these many separate but very similar wars Oculus has done in the past few months was Oculus.  You made the choice for wars, so don't !@#$%* and moan about it.

Oh christ.  Every single discussion on here regardless of how unrelated is you !@#$%*ing and moaning.  Sparta hits Polar?  Time for Caliph to !@#$%* about Oculus.  

You are a whiny sniveling little !@#$ no wonder no one wanted to give you peace.

And yes, war with Mongols started because Bones decided to sanction someone. 

4 minutes ago, hartfw said:

Oh christ.  Every single discussion on here regardless of how unrelated is you !@#$%*ing and moaning.  Sparta hits Polar?  Time for Caliph to !@#$%* about Oculus.  

You are a whiny sniveling little !@#$ no wonder no one wanted to give you peace.

The drama is flavorful 

31 minutes ago, hartfw said:

Someones got to break up the circle jerk.

3 hours ago, hartfw said:

I would suggest the war started because Hart decided to sanction someone in a legitimate war :/

5 hours ago, berbers said:

I would suggest the war started because Hart decided to sanction someone in a legitimate war :/

To be fair wars have been declared on for much less over the many years here.  I have no problem with that.

On 6/19/2016 at 11:23 PM, Auctor said:

A SPaTR government member sanctioned hartfw as per your announcement from SPaTR earlier.

Bones was at MONGOLS AA at the time of the sanction. You were the first to attack SPATR AA, so SPATR is on defence.

Kaskus attacked our ally Reavers, so that is in fact not defensive.

Reavers aggressively attacked SPATR first, then Kaskus countered, which is in fact defensive.

NEW hit within seconds of a Kaskus member they were hiding being hit, none of those things were defensive.

So NEW was attacked first. They are also defending SPATR and Kaskus.

TIR sent government members to ghost Kaskus to hit Sengoku, that was in fact not defensive.

Your coalition was first to attack TIR AA, so they are on defence.

On 6/22/2016 at 4:45 PM, The Warrior said:

I was indeed asked about peace by addaff and a couple others on his behalf and we kindly rejected that notion since addaff is a central figure to the entire conflict that we find ourselves in presently. We decided that it would be inappropriate to let him out of war until the other fronts close down.

Addaff is not even taking part in the conflict between SPATR and Oculus. As far as I know, he is not a member of any alliance taking part in this conflict on our side.

On 6/23/2016 at 6:36 PM, Isolatar said:

Final thing, you do realise that the majority of MONGOLS intend on fighting Oculus until they run out of money.

MONGOLS intend to fight in the current conflict as long as SPATR fights in the current conflict.

20 hours ago, The Warrior said:

It sounds to me like it is the Mongols that intend to keep Addaff at war for the next 6 months or more then.

MONGOLS don't intend to keep Addaff at war. IRON (not MONGOLS) is at war with him. You just have set some arbitrary condition for peace with him. MONGOLS have no control over what arbitrary conditions you set for peace with third parties.

13 hours ago, The Warrior said:

Addaff's little group of nations attacking Valhalla was literally the flash point for this entire war.

We have nothing to do with the attack against Valhalla. Besides, even if nobody attacked Valhalla and no sanctions were placed by Bones we would be still fighting more or less the same war which we are fighting now.

Edited by murtibing

12 hours ago, Caliph said:

So much salt and tinfoil. Rogue hits, gets sanctioned, few rounds, would have gone the way it goes 99.9% of the time with random ppl going around hitting ppl. But hey, Bones comes in and sanctions a govt member who sanctioned a rogue, this kind of scenario leads to wars, not sure what you're pissed about. The responsibility of starting the war is on two people only: Adaff and Bones. Hope both of you see the carnage and wreck that's around you, caused by only and only your stupidity.  

Edited by shahenshah

1 hour ago, shahenshah said:

So much salt and tinfoil. Rogue hits, gets sanctioned, few rounds, would have gone the way it goes 99.9% of the time with random ppl going around hitting ppl. But hey, Bones comes in and sanctions a govt member who sanctioned a rogue, this kind of scenario leads to wars, not sure what you're pissed about. The responsibility of starting the war is on two people only: Adaff and Bones. Hope both of you see the carnage and wreck that's around you, caused by only and only your stupidity.  

I will have you know Helheim is not a rogue alliance, we are a proud people with a cultural history going back many years.  The fact that the pirate-king Hart thought it was a good idea to start sanctioning as a tool of war is what brought about this current state.

Nobody got sanctioned when IRON countered Helheim, that was to be expected as you had a treaty, it was only when the line was crossed by the megalomaniac Hart Bin laden that there was a response from someone other that Helheim.

Eventually Occulisis will pay for their terrorist actions against our proud alliance.

17 hours ago, hartfw said:

Suffice it to say, HARFTW does not appreciate the postings of CALIHP

7 hours ago, shahenshah said:

Oculus started the wars by attacking other alliances.  And fully backing non Oculus alliances like Polar in their agressive wars to roll people.  I'm ok with that, but when Oculus made it personal with me, that sent a clear message to me.  And now Oculus deals with the consequences.. 

17 hours ago, hartfw said:

That's called a complete failure in diplomacy and it's directly on you.

14 hours ago, berbers said:

Ahh, the truth rises to the surface.

Just now, Caliph said:

He is a  blasphemer.

That rymes with dirty bag sniffer. :)

I don't know if this post is going to work, something happened and made posting here nearly impossible after this thread.

We're not leaving anyone on the battlefield, the other side doesn't want peace or there would be peace.

8 hours ago, murtibing said:

Bones was at MONGOLS AA at the time of the sanction. You were the first to attack SPATR AA, so SPATR is on defence.

Reavers aggressively attacked SPATR first, then Kaskus countered, which is in fact defensive.

So NEW was attacked first. They are also defending SPATR and Kaskus.

Your coalition was first to attack TIR AA, so they are on defence.

Addaff is not even taking part in the conflict between SPATR and Oculus. As far as I know, he is not a member of any alliance taking part in this conflict on our side.

MONGOLS intend to fight in the current conflict as long as SPATR fights in the current conflict.

MONGOLS don't intend to keep Addaff at war. IRON (not MONGOLS) is at war with him. You just have set some arbitrary condition for peace with him. MONGOLS have no control over what arbitrary conditions you set for peace with third parties.

We have nothing to do with the attack against Valhalla. Besides, even if nobody attacked Valhalla and no sanctions were placed by Bones we would be still fighting more or less the same war which we are fighting now.

More truth, thank you.

Only thing about us is, me and Ace ghosted Kaskus after they were already under attack, Kaskus is our protector alliance, but yeah it's still defence. They seen the two of us ghost and decided to include TIR, we then returned to TIR to fight from there.

A lot of spin, tall tales and dirty bag sniffing going on in this thread. Our side is the good side and we are fighting tyranical bloc called Octopus.

We didn't have a grudge at the start of this war, we do now.

Edited by DoorNail

On 06/14/2016 at 7:29 PM, Alexio15 said:

Heh very funny I got £100 saying your some washed up IT geek sitting in your mums basement and you haven't seen the light unless she comes down and opens your curtain over your one little window. But then again I with my other bet say that you are some little kid that had his first Smirnoff Ice and thought he was hard so posted it all over the OWF. Either way being all talk over the internet is very easy.

Also you slapped me I would kick your ass all the way down the street, would do the same in CN but you're sadly not in my range. 

Hey look bonus guy still talking mainly too himself.

Wrong, I work as a mechanic bench pressing automatic transmissions almost daily, 5'10, 180lbs and built like a brick !@#$house, mean as a rattlesnake and twice as fast... I'd kick your ass or die trying.

On 06/14/2016 at 7:39 PM, Caliph said:

Damn, 20 years of no mothers day phone call or birthday call.  You are a horrible son.

Didn't call dad on fathers day either, I have my reasons.

On 06/14/2016 at 9:29 PM, Duderonomy said:

And you seem like an overly sensitive waste of time. No.

Suit yourself.

On 06/14/2016 at 10:13 PM, Haflinger said:

Hey, I think I remember you from MHA years ago. This seems consistent with what I remember of you from back then.

Oh well, you guys aren't hitting my allies this time. But really, you weren't that tough when you were.

Don't remember being in MHA, but I haven't changed much.

On 06/14/2016 at 11:04 PM, Unknown Smurf said:

I mean drunkenly isn't the best.

But I hear you DN. 

They attacked a protectorate of an alliance that was just honoring a treaty and then turned around and kept them at war for 3+ monthes without any attempt of diplo. Pretty $%&@ed.

I wish you didn't get involved, but if we're going out swinging, I appreciate you with me. 

Don't leave, the party is just getting started.

On 06/15/2016 at 0:19 AM, President Hardin said:

Making me miss methrage posts :(

He is a much better writter, I agree.

On 06/15/2016 at 0:11 PM, Sephiroth said:

I've posted stuff after getting home late after drinking heavily, I've woke the next morning thinking I've been hacked seeing some of the incoherent stuff I've let slip before passing out. Since then I've learned to avoid posting when completely drunk, but amusing threads and posts can result from drunken posting.

o/ Doornail

Good luck, if you guys desire peace at some point & i'll do whatever I can to help you negotiate a simple white peace if you want mediation. Although if you're having fun fighting, I won't get in the way of that. We were already deep in war when this started, so I'm not really sure on the circumstances and was in no position with all the enemies we were fighting. Although I think you guys deserve white peace and could try helping with discussions.

I'm sure both sides have to much pride to bring up the issue of peace first, so this war seems like it could go on forever. However this might be one of those wars for both sides to cut their losses, call it a good fight and move on. Saving your strength for another day would be best.

o/

They don't want peace.

On 06/15/2016 at 9:37 PM, white majik said:

:majik:

don't you have a war to lose?

I won most of my wars, call it what you like, I'm calling it a victory. :)

On 06/17/2016 at 1:22 PM, Auctor said:

Not sure why it is supposed to be on us to try and end this war when yall started it. It's at least a little cute to pretend that makes us the bad guys though, I will admit. One halfhearted smile coming right up.

No you started it, when you failed miserably at diplomacy over your rogue senator getting sanctioned. I suggest you take note on the skillz being presented, that way you wont have to be a poser. lol

On 06/17/2016 at 6:03 PM, Duderonomy said:

Rogues rogueing rougishly.;)

Octopus is like a bunch of rogues, true.

Edited by DoorNail

6 hours ago, DoorNail said:

Only thing about us is, me and Ace ghosted Kaskus after they were already under attack, Kaskus is our protector alliance, but yeah it's still defence. They seen the two of us ghost and decided to include TIR, we then returned to TIR to fight from there.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ...... Every single time you do this TIR gets attacked ... Have you not figured out yet? When you take your alliance, the one that was not hit, then you are acting in aggression not defense ... Doesn't matter if your protector got hit, their actions then become defensive. You, not being them, are acting in aggression to go in defense of them. 

YOU are leading Defense gov; Ace is second-in-command of TIR -- your gov status makes your movements a TIR-condoned action, and just like nearly every other ghosting alliance you get hit. 

7 hours ago, DoorNail said:

A lot of spin, tall tales and dirty bag sniffing going on in this thread. Our side is the good side and we are fighting tyranical bloc called Octopus.

We didn't have a grudge at the start of this war, we do now.

This is truth right here.  I didn't have a grudge before the war, but Oculus sure knows how to handle itself to make them.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

When you take your alliance, the one that was not hit, then you are acting in aggression not defense ... Doesn't matter if your protector got hit, their actions then become defensive. You, not being them, are acting in aggression to go in defense of them. 

I have to strongly disagree with this on a philosophical level... I've always considered an engagement in defense of an ally under attack to be a defensive action. The point of a defense pact is to provide improved mutual security between treaty partners; unless you are claiming the sovereignty of alliances is illegitimate, it does not logically stand to claim such an agreement is an aggressive act.

In my own experience:

*IAA vs NPO in 2008 was defensive because we entered to defend GATO

*SNX vs Animalz in December was defensive because we entered to defend TAO

In both cases the declaring alliance was initiating an offensive kinetic action, but they were actions in defense of a treaty partner and in compliance with publicly stated agreements between alliance sovereigns.

I think it is a bit dangerous to consider defensive treaty activations to be an aggressive act, because that essentially is claiming that it is not valid to defend a treaty partner under attack. Which makes a circle right back to 2008 of EZIing alliance leaders who defended an ally <_<

Edited by Immortan Junka

37 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

I have to strongly disagree with this on a philosophical level... I've always considered an engagement in defense of an ally under attack to be a defensive action. The point of a defense pact is to provide improved mutual security between treaty partners; unless you are claiming the sovereignty of alliances is illegitimate, it does not logically stand to claim such an agreement is an aggressive act.

In my own experience:

*IAA vs NPO in 2008 was defensive because we entered to defend GATO

*SNX vs Animalz in December was defensive because we entered to defend TAO

In both cases the declaring alliance was initiating an offensive kinetic action, but they were actions in defense of a treaty partner and in compliance with publicly stated agreements between alliance sovereigns.

I think it is a bit dangerous to consider defensive treaty activations to be an aggressive act, because that essentially is claiming that it is not valid to defend a treaty partner under attack. Which makes a circle right back to 2008 of EZIing alliance leaders who defended an ally <_<

"an offensive kinetic action" ... Yes. Offensive, not defensive. You were not attacked, GATO and TAO were put on the defensive and then you attacked on their behalf due to your mutual security agreement.

23 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

"an offensive kinetic action" ... Yes. Offensive, not defensive. You were not attacked, GATO and TAO were put on the defensive and then you attacked on their behalf due to your mutual security agreement.

I differentiate between offensive and aggressive for a reason. A military offensive has no moral implications and simply refers to the type of kinetic operations conducted. An aggressive action however does carry moral and political implications and refers to the reason for war and not just tactical deployment.

As an Imperator Emeritus of an Order of Ivan I would hope you would have a deeper understanding of war, but I guess that's too much to ask for in this age of barbarism :psyduck:

The idea that you can hop aa's while still being government in another alliance and then the alliance you are government in is not subject to reprisal is truly amazing on a level none of us will ever fully understand. You should really pat yourself on the back for that one, doornail.