A Special Announcement!

4 minutes ago, Van Hoo III said:

To be fair, Chim and Ava got into peace mode when MI6 was hit.

I would love to say that this will help Polar and NADC move on from their grudges, but I know that it won't. :P

What do you say when an ally attacks an ally? "Good luck"? No. "Have fun!"? No. I'm at a loss.

I hope for a draw.

I am currently in a coupe of wars, so not exactly hiding in Peace Mode.  Given their supposed hate, a normal observer would conclude they want a piece of Grub, but they are driven by fear not hate.  They are right to fear me, they have met me before.

Sorry Hoo, there will not be a draw today or any other day, just the death gurgle of a once mediocre alliance passing its last breath.  NADC wanted this match up, they signed a treaty to get this match up and now this match up will be their epitaph.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I am currently in a coupe of wars, so not exactly hiding in Peace Mode.  Given their supposed hate, a normal observer would conclude they want a piece of Grub, but they are driven by fear not hate.  They are right to fear me, they have met me before.

Sorry Hoo, there will not be a draw today or any other day, just the death gurgle of a once mediocre alliance passing its last breath.  NADC wanted this match up, they signed a treaty to get this match up and now this match up will be their epitaph.

You boiz see this salt? I think we got us a goofy goober!

34 minutes ago, Lord Hershey said:

NADC's actual casus belli of this war, could this be the beginning of a blue civil war?!:

zjqi3KH.png

Well, darn it. I have to vote for Aurelius now. That was fantastic.

Edited by Cazaric

24 minutes ago, XxHouseArrestXx said:

That was wonderful. 

Not even a fantasy writer could come up with such wishful thinking.

I just see bravado, that feeling when you get a few of your ''mates'' together, gee each other up and charge headlong into the gates of hell.  You sound pretty convincing, but then you die as expected.  Welcome to hell, may your stay be long and eventful.

7 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Not even a fantasy writer could come up with such wishful thinking.

I just see bravado, that feeling when you get a few of your ''mates'' together, gee each other up and charge headlong into the gates of hell.  You sound pretty convincing, but then you die as expected.  Welcome to hell, may your stay be long and eventful.

Please try harder. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

It just saddens be that NADC had never attempted to work with Polar diplomatically

Ah, another case of your sources failing you. We sent a diplomat over after the senate issue but said diplomat was flatly told that Polar had no interest in resolving the issue diplomatically.

20 minutes ago, Chunky Monkey said:

Ah, another case of your sources failing you. We sent a diplomat over after the senate issue but said diplomat was flatly told that Polar had no interest in resolving the issue diplomatically.

Not precisely true but effective enough.  We are resolving the issue exactly how we wanted to.  Enjoy.

9 hours ago, Van Hoo III said:

To be fair, Chim and Ava got into peace mode when MI6 was hit.

I would love to say that this will help Polar and NADC move on from their grudges, but I know that it won't. :P

What do you say when an ally attacks an ally? "Good luck"? No. "Have fun!"? No. I'm at a loss.

I hope for a draw.

Once upon a time a valiant warrior left his AA when the AA's leader made a choice not to defend his ally from a curb stomp just because he had allies on the curbstomping side.

(If you are confused because I am tired and not being clear, Hoo left RoK to defend NpO even though RoK and SF were connected to the offensive side)

So Hoo, at the time you went with the ally that needed help and was hit with a shoddy CB, what changed?

57 minutes ago, berbers said:

Once upon a time a valiant warrior left his AA when the AA's leader made a choice not to defend his ally from a curb stomp just because he had allies on the curbstomping side.

(If you are confused because I am tired and not being clear, Hoo left RoK to defend NpO even though RoK and SF were connected to the offensive side)

So Hoo, at the time you went with the ally that needed help and was hit with a shoddy CB, what changed?

Sup berbers. :D

There are a few differences. I was not leading RoK at the time* and didn't have a hand in Taut's decision to give VE the green light (which he later attempted to rescind lol ) to hit their own allies in Polar ... but I am leading (along with Shuru and Rampage) TBC, so the decision to go to war and against whom is partially mine. We're also already at war with MI6, so me leaving to defend someone else (or influencing TBC to change course, if that's the question) wouldn't really be appropriate or fair to our allies that we agreed to attack with or our members.

In the prior situation, Polar didn't choose to go to war but were instead declared on due to RoK's decisions. VE made it pretty clear to me that had Taut said "No, that's not cool" that they either wouldn't have attacked or would have found another way. Polar was wronged (and VE as well, though they weren't attacked for it) and I could not in good conscience sit and let them burn for it, especially when the treaty had my own name on it. In this situation, NADC made a choice to fight. While I understand their reasons and am perfectly fine with it, we didn't wrong them or make a decision that caused this. They aren't being unfairly attacked, but are simply assisting an ally in defending one of theirs.

NADC and TBC are on opposite sides here, but it's something we've known was probably going to ultimately end up that way. We both understand why and how this all happened and it doesn't really negatively impact our relationship.

Lastly, I (for some reason) have a love affair with parenthesis today.

* Had I been, obviously none of that would have happened. :P

Edited by Van Hoo III

1 hour ago, Van Hoo III said:

Sup berbers. :D

There are a few differences. I was not leading RoK at the time* and didn't have a hand in Taut's decision to give VE the green light (which he later attempted to rescind lol ) to hit their own allies in Polar ... but I am leading (along with Shuru and Rampage) TBC, so the decision to go to war and against whom is partially mine. We're also already at war with MI6, so me leaving to defend someone else (or influencing TBC to change course, if that's the question) wouldn't really be appropriate or fair to our allies that we agreed to attack with or our members.

In the prior situation, Polar didn't choose to go to war but were instead declared on due to RoK's decisions. VE made it pretty clear to me that had Taut said "No, that's not cool" that they either wouldn't have attacked or would have found another way. Polar was wronged (and VE as well, though they weren't attacked for it) and I could not in good conscience sit and let them burn for it, especially when the treaty had my own name on it. In this situation, NADC made a choice to fight. While I understand their reasons and am perfectly fine with it, we didn't wrong them or make a decision that caused this. They aren't being unfairly attacked, but are simply assisting an ally in defending one of theirs.

NADC and TBC are on opposite sides here, but it's something we've known was probably going to ultimately end up that way. We both understand why and how this all happened and it doesn't really negatively impact our relationship.

Lastly, I (for some reason) have a love affair with parenthesis today.

* Had I been, obviously none of that would have happened. :P

You said you were not gonna wall of text anymore!!