Extra, Extra, Monsters Inc News!

Lord Hitchcock

Just so it's said publicly; and in a place that matters (the world stage. Which I may make my home).

Why haven't I gotten an invite to be interviewed? You've talked about my alliance plenty. I'm such a good person to talk to. I like to think of us a friends. Or at least chums (friends is honestly a word I feel uncomfortable with on a personal level. It's not you. It's me. But I'll call you my friend. Just not in public. No one knows we know each other).

Also in an unrelated matter, I hate Monsters Inc, who I assume by the name, is the owner of Monsters Inc News. I have never talked with, or associated with the people there, and I do not contribute to their ratings.

Also I might decline your offer, on the grounds that, I'm salty it took a public call out for you to call to me. So no matter how politically important the interview might be (negative or positive), I'm going to pre-empt your call-outs with "nuuuuurr".

49 minutes ago, King William said:

Just so it's said publicly; and in a place that matters (the world stage. Which I may make my home).

Why haven't I gotten an invite to be interviewed? You've talked about my alliance plenty. I'm such a good person to talk to. I like to think of us a friends. Or at least chums (friends is honestly a word I feel uncomfortable with on a personal level. It's not you. It's me. But I'll call you my friend. Just not in public. No one knows we know each other).

Also in an unrelated matter, I hate Monsters Inc, who I assume by the name, is the owner of Monsters Inc News. I have never talked with, or associated with the people there, and I do not contribute to their ratings.

Also I might decline your offer, on the grounds that, I'm salty it took a public call out for you to call to me. So no matter how politically important the interview might be (negative or positive), I'm going to pre-empt your call-outs with "nuuuuurr".

interesting fashion. I was never actually inclined for a kiwi interview on the basis for the fact that Invicta wasn't the originators.

For example: Invicta was called out during some atlas dumps... specially because atlas said some things, so i interviewed them.

And this war: invicta was hit by NPO... but it's mainly focused on MI6

So whether you hate us or not, interviewing you isn't on the basis of anything more than others seemed more plausible to interview at the time, based on the scenerio.

regardless, I'll poke you eventually. 

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Sound logic?

I wanted a fight.

What was the point of me posting if you were going to be all reasonable.

I can't win with anyone! Expect my own radio show. And I'll ask to interview you, and we'll beat Monsters Inc News. Believe it.

12 minutes ago, King William said:

Sound logic?

I wanted a fight.

I can't win with anyone! Expect my own radio show. And I'll ask to interview you, and we'll beat Monsters Inc News. Believe it.

There is no way, none. zero.... 

you'd have a better chance of pulling handbag rush out of retirement before you beat m inc news in ratings.

kiwis aren't even a real fruit

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

8 minutes ago, King William said:

Sound logic?

I wanted a fight.

Can I be a field corespondent?  I'll call in and give you updates on major (or not so major) occurrences  

24 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

Does M Inc have screenshots of these ''DemonSpawn'' discussions or is this just more rampant speculation and innuendo?

Are you a reliable reporter Lord Hitchcock.... or is this another left wing media beat-up?

most of it is publicly available, here's what I had to work with:

8aeC6Y.jpg

This one was from the first oculus war:

zwgEte.jpg

and this was the email sent to everyone in response to the mass spam message:

Subject: Will the real DemonSpawn please stand up

Message: Hi everyone. I'm guessing some or most of you got an email from "Me", that originated from our forums.

Apparently this message said we are attacking NPO tonight. This is NOT TRUE. Our forums where hacked over night last night, and the hacker sent that message out, to cause more problems for us.

Please do not declare war on anyone. While the forums are down, I will be using the Announcements here in game, for R&R, to keep everyone up to date on what's going on.

Right now, it's looking like we need to rebuild the R&R forums from scratch. I'm going to get started on that after I send out all these messages to everyone.\

So please sit tight, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me on here, any Gov member (GreyOps, Sojourner, Stockhunter, or CMF0203), or come on IRC. I'll be on there all night.

DemonSpawn

And there is more on CNtel... 

As always, M Inc delivers fair and balance news.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

43 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

interesting fashion. I was never actually inclined for a kiwi interview on the basis for the fact that Invicta wasn't the originators.

For example: Invicta was called out during during some atlas dumps... specially because atlas said some things, so i interviewed them.

So whether you hate us or not, interviewing you isn't on the basis of anything more than others seemed more plausible to interview at the time, based on the scenerio.

MI6? U wot m8?

*beats chest*

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

For example: Invicta was called out during during some atlas dumps... specially because atlas said some things, so i interviewed them.

You interviewed us? Who? xD

Edited by Tevron

5 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

8aeC6Y.jpg

zwgEte.jpg

Message: Hi everyone. I'm guessing some or most of you got an email from "Me", that originated from our forums.

Apparently this message said we are attacking NPO tonight. This is NOT TRUE. Our forums where hacked over night last night, and the hacker sent that message out, to cause more problems for us.

Please do not declare war on anyone. While the forums are down, I will be using the Announcements here in game, for R&R, to keep everyone up to date on what's going on.

Right now, it's looking like we need to rebuild the R&R forums from scratch. I'm going to get started on that after I send out all these messages to everyone.\

So please sit tight, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me on here, any Gov member (GreyOps, Sojourner, Stockhunter, or CMF0203), or come on IRC. I'll be on there all night.

DemonSpawn

Absolutely NONE of this sounds skeevy in the slightest.  If discussing, with your own people on your own forums, whether or not you still want to be allied to your allies is bad and wrong...   well, who the hell among us isn't guilty?  That's what government does, and what forums are for.

I was expecting some salacious stuff, but this seems like...  normal government talk.

Edited by Walshington
spelling

2 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Absolutely NONE of this sounds sky in the slightest.  If discussing, with your own people on your own forums, whether or not you still want to be allied to your allies is bad and wrong...   well, who the hell among us isn't guilty?  That's what government does, and what forums are for.

I was expecting some salacious stuff, but this seems like...  normal government talk.

I don't disagree with that. The timing is off, considerably. You don't do that when your allies are fighting- regardless, especially the leader 

9 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I don't disagree with that. The timing is off, considerably. You don't do that when your allies are fighting- regardless, especially the leader 

Well...  sure you do.  Particularly if the reason they're fighting is the reason you are questioning the treaty.  I mean, if this stuff was on the OWF -- different story.  This is just normal government talk about normal FA stuff. In private, where it belongs. Boring, almost, unless you're NG or NPO.  And only them because they are who is being discussed.

I assumed that there would be some brazen talk based on the fact that R&R had been emboldened by the re-instatement of The 3/5th Clause, but this wasn't it.

Edited by Walshington

5 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

8aeC6Y.jpg

zwgEte.jpg

DemonSpawn

This is what people are all pissed over? Saying "I don't like that FA path anymore" in private, to your own government is now something to be ashamed of.

Don't like to out my alliance mates but funnily enough they have done very similar stuff, the only alliances that don't are completely inactive and no longer qualify as alliances. Essentially all of what Washington said.

No one should really give a $%&@ what I think, but I must say after reading this my respect for R&R government just went up dramatically, good on you Demon spawn and WarriorSoul.

If NPO gets pissed about their allies stating what are essentially facts behind closed doors then they really are just being pathetic at this point.

So, listened to the whole newscast and read all the dumps on CNtel, and have to say that the last thing DemonSpawn needs to do is step down.  If anything, R&R's rep is enhanced by this.

We have a guy doing what he thinks is best considering his membership and alliance ideals, speaking frankly to his alliance about it, AND essentially saying the exact same thing (albeit more diplomatically) to his ally's face that he says behind his back?  That's a goldmine right there -- speaking frankly and honestlyto your allies is a feature, not a bug.  And the fact that nobody had an idea about any of this until the logs got dumped shows that discretion is also present on his part.

I hope if logs ever get dumped on me that I look this good.

1 minute ago, Walshington said:

So, listened to the whole newscast and read all the dumps on CNtel, and have to say that the last thing DemonSpawn needs to do is step down.  If anything, R&R's rep is enhanced by this.

We have a guy doing what he thinks is best considering his membership and alliance ideals, speaking frankly to his alliance about it, AND essentially saying the exact same thing (albeit more diplomatically) to his ally's face that he says behind his back?  That's a goldmine right there -- speaking frankly and honestlyto your allies is a feature, not a bug.  And the fact that nobody had an idea about any of this until the logs got dumped shows that discretion is also present on his part.

QFT

20 minutes ago, Walshington said:

Surely it's in enhanced, logs of him saying to hit DK, while they were tied.

And it's one thing for it to be a one-time thing, it's not. It's an every time thing, there is no heroic gesture to have an ally you do not care for... Or an ally you'd like to see rolled.

with friends like that, I wouldn't want enemies

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Surely it's in enhanced, logs of him saying to hit DK, while they were tied.

And it's one thing for it to be a one-time thing, it's not. It's an every time thing, there is no heroic gesture to have an ally you do not care for... Or an ally you'd like to see rolled.

with friends like that, I wouldn't want enemies

The exact quote was: 

1. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> why don't you guys just go and attack Doom Kingdom if you want action that bad?

Weird that the log cuts off right at that point.  When I read it, it didn't strike me as an actual call to attack their ally.  Oculus wanting to get at DOOM was, by many, considered a likely thing.  I think DK disbanded over the thought of being used by their enemies to draw out a DOOM war.  I felt like he was saying "For Chrissake stop beating around the bush -- if you want to war them, war them."

That's how I took it -- I could be wrong.  Interesting that the log dump cuts off right there with that statement, because it could leave the door open to come to the conclusion that it was a genuine offer to attack their allies.  The wording seems odd, though -- it's not "Hey, I've got an idea: you should attack DK!"  or "You know what you should do?  Attack DK!"or "Here's what I wish you would do: attack DK."

In fact, the whole conversation stems around R&R not wanting to get in a war just for the lulz.   It's not as if they are discussing alternate targets, or "who COULD we attack so that R&R would join in?"  DemonSpawn is not interested, and Frawley offers to get some action for R&R.

1. <Frawley[NPO]> lets make some drama
  2. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> and what am i supposed to do when NADC asks for help then?
  3. <Frawley[NPO]> NADC would be asking for you to activate an Optional Agression Clause against a Mandatory Defensive Ally
  4. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> you would just let NADC attack you? and no other allies of your would counter them?
  5. <Frawley[NPO]> sure
  6. <Frawley[NPO]> we have 3.1m more tech than them
  7. <Frawley[NPO]> I think we could deal with it
  8. <Frawley[NPO]> plus would get your guys some action
  9. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> why don't you guys just go and attack Doom Kingdom if you want action that bad?

See how it just pops out of the blue?  With no context whatsoever beforehand, and any context that follows conveniently removed?  Doesn't really pass the smell test as a legitimate call for an attack on DK for my money, and I'll bet the rest of the conversation would bear me out. 

Of course we don't have that, do we?

Edited by Walshington

4 minutes ago, Walshington said:

The exact quote was: 

1. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> why don't you guys just go and attack Doom Kingdom if you want action that bad?

Weird that the log cuts off right at that point.  When I read it, it didn't strike me as an actual call to attack their ally.  Oculus wanting to get at DOOM was, by many, considered a likely thing.  I think DK disbanded over the thought of being used by their enemies to draw out a DOOM war.  I felt like he was saying "For Chrissake stop beating around the bush -- if you want to war them, war them."

That's how I took it -- I could be wrong.  Interesting that the log dump cuts off right there with that statement, because it could leave the door open to come to the conclusion that it was a genuine offer to attack their allies.  The wording seems odd, though -- it's not "Hey, I've got an idea: you should attack DK!"  or "You know what you should do?  Attack DK!"or "Here's what I wish you would do: attack DK."

In fact, the whole conversation stems around R&R not wanting to get in a war just for the lulz.   It's not as if they are discussing alternate targets, or "who COULD we attack so that R&R would join in?"  DemonSpawn is not interested, and Frawley offers to get some action for R&R.

1. <Frawley[NPO]> lets make some drama
  2. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> and what am i supposed to do when NADC asks for help then?
  3. <Frawley[NPO]> NADC would be asking for you to activate an Optional Agression Clause against a Mandatory Defensive Ally
  4. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> you would just let NADC attack you? and no other allies of your would counter them?
  5. <Frawley[NPO]> sure
  6. <Frawley[NPO]> we have 3.1m more tech than them
  7. <Frawley[NPO]> I think we could deal with it
  8. <Frawley[NPO]> plus would get your guys some action
  9. <DemonSpawn[RnR]> why don't you guys just go and attack Doom Kingdom if you want action that bad?

See how it just pops out of the blue?  With no context whatsoever beforehand, and any context that follows conveniently removed?  Doesn't really pass the smell test as a legitimate call for an attack on DK for my money, and I'll bet the rest of the conversation would bear me out. 

Of course we don't have that, do we?

I'm agreeing with you a lot.

Asking someone if they are going to do something, or why they aren't doing something is not the same as condoning doing that thing. Obviously Demon Spawn believes their is/was a desire to target Doom in NPO, whether or not this is the case is irrelevant but he thought their was, so asked why NPO wasn't going after doom. Perfectly reasonable.