An Open Letter to Frawley

Unknown Smurf

13 hours ago, Auctor said:

In the Valhalla hitting scenario, we were all tied together without Oculus. I'm not sure why calling it "Oculus" necessarily makes it magical now.

As for NADC and Sparta hitting Polaris, I'm not sure why there was an expectation Oculus would sit out when Oculus was a part of the hit on MI6 in the first place.

And there you have it.  Whenever any Oculus alliance is involved they all are involved, and whoever dares declare a war on any Oculus  alliance in defense of their allies gets rolled by the whole of Oculus.  Or as many as it takes.  

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Azaghul said:

Good for Frawley actually trying to start something.

Start what?  Its not like anyone can  beat Oculus, so the only thing we have to look forward to is endless Oculus beat downs until Oculus civil war, or the game ends.  Whichever comes first.

15 hours ago, Auctor said:

In the Valhalla hitting scenario, we were all tied together without Oculus. I'm not sure why calling it "Oculus" necessarily makes it magical now.

As for NADC and Sparta hitting Polaris, I'm not sure why there was an expectation Oculus would sit out when Oculus was a part of the hit on MI6 in the first place.

I may have said something similar beforehand, if only people listened...

It is of course completely expected in a normal situation that Sengoku, Non Grata, and NPO would assist, since they are tied directly to NpO, it even makes sense that your blockmates in Umbrella and Aztec (and IRON, though obviously that hasn't and won't happen) to help you out since NG and NPO are busy right now.

What doesn't make sense to me is the entry of SLAP and C&G, SLAP claimed to be entering for allies, Atlas and the rest of C&G for SLAP. I don't see how any of those alliances are linked to NpO at all, apart from SLAP being protected by Umbrella, which is helping Sengoku, which is a bit of a stretch.

The point is that whenever an Oculus ally in an aggressive war is countered, Oculus then proceeds to drag in half of the game onto them.

21 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

I may have said something similar beforehand, if only people listened...

It is of course completely expected in a normal situation that Sengoku, Non Grata, and NPO would assist, since they are tied directly to NpO, it even makes sense that your blockmates in Umbrella and Aztec (and IRON, though obviously that hasn't and won't happen) to help you out since NG and NPO are busy right now.

What doesn't make sense to me is the entry of SLAP and C&G, SLAP claimed to be entering for allies, Atlas and the rest of C&G for SLAP. I don't see how any of those alliances are linked to NpO at all, apart from SLAP being protected by Umbrella, which is helping Sengoku, which is a bit of a stretch.

The point is that whenever an Oculus ally in an aggressive war is countered, Oculus then proceeds to drag in half of the game onto them.

It's been Non Grata policy (well, policy evident to me, anyway) that protectorates have been given the option to participate in our wars. This lets them have fun in a global while still pursuing their own FA. A protectorate is, in a sense, a kind of ODoAP between unequal partners. Not sure if this is Umbrella policy, as well, and obviously some AAs prefer to shelter their protectorates as inactive banks.

So, SLAP oA's in with Umbrella, C&G+Atlas follows. Not hard to follow. 

The big unanswered question that nobody brings up is "Just how interconnected is Oculus?" Does one DoW from a member AA suffice to let all participate? What about allies? Would VE be considered automatically a target if, say, Nordreich were attacked and NG MDed in? Is an MD-level treaty with one Oculus member an MD-level treaty with all Oculus members? I'm sure Last Call would definitely like to know the answer.

All questions for peons of the Illuminati-level members of Oculus to worry about. Us Ignoramus-level members don't worry about such petty concerns.

1 hour ago, Duderonomy said:

All questions for peons of the Illuminati-level members of Oculus to worry about. Us Ignoramus-level members don't worry about such petty concerns.

Your ass kissing hasn't paid off yet?

Edited by Thrash

1 minute ago, Thrash said:

Your ass kissing hasn't paid off yet?

Nah, nor will it ever. MI6 will be the last war I fight, now that my cratered nation has removed the last temptation to return. Not much fun left in this old girl. I do enjoy mints, though, if you have one.

4 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

Nah, nor will it ever. MI6 will be the last war I fight, now that my cratered nation has removed the last temptation to return. Not much fun left in this old girl. I do enjoy mints, though, if you have one.

Wait, you're leaving?

2 minutes ago, Blackatron said:

Wait, you're leaving?

*left. I only came back for the war. In case anybody mistakes lack of f*#+\s to give for an agenda. Well, I suppose everybody has an agenda, mine just does not involve Oculus at this point. Still shocked that I haven't been banned at NG again. I might give that another go.

I just have more in common with Rey, Junka, LH, and Methrage than is altogether healthy for me. Otherwise, I'd find something more productive to do. Actually...

2 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

*left. I only came back for the war. In case anybody mistakes lack of f*#+\s to give for an agenda. Well, I suppose everybody has an agenda, mine just does not involve Oculus at this point. Still shocked that I haven't been banned at NG again. I might give that another go.

I just have more in common with Rey, Junka, LH, and Methrage than is altogether healthy for me. Otherwise, I'd find something more productive to do. Actually...

Sad to see CN lose another one, and you were alright... for an NGer.

34 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

There's a key role for low tier drop-down producers in the world... a role that can advance either good or evil... your destiny as a nation ruler might just be beginning, would be a shame if you head out now.

9 hours ago, Caliph said:

Start what?  Its not like anyone can  beat Oculus, so the only thing we have to look forward to is endless Oculus beat downs until Oculus civil war, or the game ends.  Whichever comes first.

I agree with your assessment, and that without some kind of breakup in Occulus any attempts to start something interesting will fail to be interesting.  But I'll still give him credit for having the desire at least.

4 hours ago, Azaghul said:

I agree with your assessment, and that without some kind of breakup in Occulus any attempts to start something interesting will fail to be interesting.  But I'll still give him credit for having the desire at least.

Take the whole of CN, and have them all vs Oculus.  Exept the neutrals who won't fight.  They will be unable to win a military victory against Oculus.

There doesn't exist strength in the right tiers.  And coupled with non Oculus alliances but who are firmly in the Oculus fold, that decreased the alliances that would even participate against Oculus.  There doesn't exist strength in the right NS to challange Oculus and stand a chance of causing significant damage, much less having a chance at winning.

I just don't find that interesting.

How many wars have there been in the past 3 years before Oc? One a year? Of which all were initiated by various Oc AAs. No one else was doing anything before Oc besides alliances that would come to create the bloc. How many conflicts have we seen since it's creation? 3 to 4 depending on where one starts and another ends. 

Seems like everyone was complaining that the game is boring and nothing happens. So we started to make !@#$ happen and now people are complaining that things are happening. Got to love CN.

10 minutes ago, white majik said:

How many wars have there been in the past 3 years before Oc? One a year? Of which all were initiated by various Oc AAs. No one else was doing anything before Oc besides alliances that would come to create the bloc. How many conflicts have we seen since it's creation? 3 to 4 depending on where one starts and another ends. 

Seems like everyone was complaining that the game is boring and nothing happens. So we started to make !@#$ happen and now people are complaining that things are happening. Got to love CN.

That is god awful logic. You've done what exactly? Rolled MI6 twice and fought some proxy wars with DK? I wouldn't exactly call the bloc to end all blocs as a solution to everyone complaining. It is in fact the opposite. I can't fault the strategy but if you wanted to make things more interesting for the rest of us you've done a !@#$ job of it. It's the same as it ever was. Just in shear numbers Oculus can't lose unless the rest of the game rises up to stop it. Any competition you've snuffed out which is, i guess, why MI6 is being stomped down again. Again, i can't fault you because if i was in the same position of power that Oculus is i'd be doing the same thing, just a hell of a lot more frequently. It's been the same way for years now. I never thought it'd yearn for Post-Karma politics, but that was some of the most interesting times i've had. I give Oculus all the credit though, you've gathered the most nations and you are statistically unopposed.

This topic has brought about some good discussion though. Many people have left due to the lack of any real political meaning, many long time members of NSO included. I mean christ the forums here are littered with the dumbest micro-drama that I can imagine except the last two weeks or so. I'm not really sure anything can be fixed from the players perspective. Now it's about preserving instead of defending allies. I don't know too many alliances that could suffer a brutal curbstomp and not have the communities slowly fade away (TPF/STA). It's quite sad really.

20 minutes ago, Joe Stupid said:

That is god awful logic. You've done what exactly? Rolled MI6 twice and fought some proxy wars with DK? I wouldn't exactly call the bloc to end all blocs as a solution to everyone complaining. It is in fact the opposite. I can't fault the strategy but if you wanted to make things more interesting for the rest of us you've done a !@#$ job of it. It's the same as it ever was. Just in shear numbers Oculus can't lose unless the rest of the game rises up to stop it. Any competition you've snuffed out which is, i guess, why MI6 is being stomped down again. Again, i can't fault you because if i was in the same position of power that Oculus is i'd be doing the same thing, just a hell of a lot more frequently. It's been the same way for years now. I never thought it'd yearn for Post-Karma politics, but that was some of the most interesting times i've had. I give Oculus all the credit though, you've gathered the most nations and you are statistically unopposed.

The fact remains that no alliance outside Oc and DBDC has done anything in years to move/shape the game in ANY direction. It's been one global war a year and then nothing till the next. Don't be mad that no one in the game is willing to a make moves besides us, be mad at the people that still aren't making moves and just complaining.

5 hours ago, white majik said:

The fact remains that no alliance outside Oc and DBDC has done anything in years to move/shape the game in ANY direction. It's been one global war a year and then nothing till the next. Don't be mad that no one in the game is willing to a make moves besides us, be mad at the people that still aren't making moves and just complaining.

Frankly, if other people had been willing to make any moves at all, I'm not sure the onus for creating Oculus would have existed. And honestly, Oculus is going to be around as long as no one else is willing to give our player bases something to do.

10 hours ago, white majik said:

I'm personally offended.

13 hours ago, Caliph said:

Take the whole of CN, and have them all vs Oculus.  Exept the neutrals who won't fight.  They will be unable to win a military victory against Oculus.

There doesn't exist strength in the right tiers.  And coupled with non Oculus alliances but who are firmly in the Oculus fold, that decreased the alliances that would even participate against Oculus.  There doesn't exist strength in the right NS to challange Oculus and stand a chance of causing significant damage, much less having a chance at winning.

I just don't find that interesting.

We need to create "The Battle Royale War"

Problem #1 - wouldn't be able to get people to even honor it...honor is very lacking in this game as we all know.

Problem #2 - the current silly wars...

But......

TEAM 1 - NPO

TEAM 2 - IRON

Each team picks another 19 alliances (out of the top 40 ...or lower) with TEAM 2 getting the first pick. All treaties/blocs on temporary hold during war....(say a 30-60 day war?)

20 alliances versus 20 alliances until everyone on one team surrenders or time frame ends. Not sure how to score this, but I figure there are smarter people out there who can figure out the logistics.

can you draft the best?

can you draft those that won't bail on you right away?

Get to team up with someone who has always been an enemy, perhaps you will find more in common that you ever knew...

can you draft an enemy that you can trust to fight with you....oh the interesting dramas we could create.

Perhaps reignite old rivalries,  spur an influx of new/former players., punch that alliance you always wanted to but couldn't

think of the possibilities.

the pixels and NS and score mean nothing if apathy and/or an overly dominant force is corroding the game!

Just an idea to shake things up for a short period of time.  Then you all can go back to nitpicking, spinning and polishing turds

13 minutes ago, Lenny N Karl said:

We need to create "The Battle Royale War"

Problem #1 - wouldn't be able to get people to even honor it...honor is very lacking in this game as we all know.

Problem #2 - the current silly wars...

But......

TEAM 1 - NPO

TEAM 2 - IRON

Each team picks another 19 alliances (out of the top 40 ...or lower) with TEAM 2 getting the first pick. All treaties/blocs on temporary hold during war....(say a 30-60 day war?)

20 alliances versus 20 alliances until everyone on one team surrenders or time frame ends. Not sure how to score this, but I figure there are smarter people out there who can figure out the logistics.

can you draft the best?

can you draft those that won't bail on you right away?

Get to team up with someone who has always been an enemy, perhaps you will find more in common that you ever knew...

can you draft an enemy that you can trust to fight with you....oh the interesting dramas we could create.

Perhaps reignite old rivalries,  spur an influx of new/former players., punch that alliance you always wanted to but couldn't

think of the possibilities.

the pixels and NS and score mean nothing if apathy and/or an overly dominant force is corroding the game!

Just an idea to shake things up for a short period of time.  Then you all can go back to nitpicking, spinning and polishing turds

I would like rather see the treaty web reset. Have a month or two grace period to allow everyone to make their moves. To prevent things going back to the way they were, we could have rules and limit how many treaties AAs can have. 

Some examples could be a 4-5 treaty limit per AA, limiting the size of blocs, and no blocs within another bloc, and so on.

This would cause all different kind of shake ups at the alliance level. It still won't be perfect overall cause people will try to find exploits and find a way to daisy chain the same group of alliances.

15 hours ago, white majik said:

Reminds me of when Umbrella rolled NG because we voted to do it and then many of us whined when we did it.  

But there is a difference between making something interesting happen or making something boring happen. It would be interesting if a group of alliances grouped together and started making moves.  It is boring when that group of alliances is capable of defeating the rest of CN in military conflict at the same time.  There just doesn't exist the NS outside of Oculus to defeat Oculus unless there is an Oculus civil war of alliances betray them, just like how Continiuum was impossible to defeat without several key alliances defecting despite there being considerable strength outside of Q at the time.