Never Say Never Again

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Unknown Smurf said:

Yeah GPA you pussies. Why don't you beat up guys 1/25th of your strength with a bunch of your friends like us real men.

Oh, no. Are you trying to imply that there is a war going on and it is,....statistically unbalanced? The unseen horror. The unimaginable thing. Utter dread.

How could this be? How could God Admin let this happen? The atrocity. Think of the children.

Good thing none of us was ever on the receiving end of such a thing.

God is dead.

33 minutes ago, Branimir said:

Oh, no. Are you trying to imply that there is a war going on and it is,....statistically unbalanced? The unseen horror. The unimaginable thing. Utter dread.

How could this be? How could God Admin let this happen? The atrocity. Think of the children.

Good thing none of us was ever on the receiving end of such a thing.

God is dead.

You might be able to make the argument that you have been on the statistically smaller side of a war a few times, but to pretend like it was anywhere close to the statistical differences of the most recent wars is an awful attempt at rewriting history.

Eh.  Be fair, Mogar.  The statistical differences of recent wars is a byproduct of the 'other side' of Bob having maybe two alliances that actually put in effort to build themselves anymore.  When 25% slot usage is what passes for high quality outside of Oculus, you're going to have a bad time.

Economic and military ineptitude by most alliances is the norm, not the exception, on 2016 Bob.

7 minutes ago, magicninja said:

He just found his way back home. 

Not many have been around long enough to remember...

Also, yay...I remember this like it was a decade ago.

Since when are you still around, old man?  Good to see you.

37 minutes ago, Chimaera said:

Eh.  Be fair, Mogar.  The statistical differences of recent wars is a byproduct of the 'other side' of Bob having maybe two alliances that actually put in effort to build themselves anymore.  When 25% slot usage is what passes for high quality outside of Oculus, you're going to have a bad time.

Economic and military ineptitude by most alliances is the norm, not the exception, on 2016 Bob.

I'd say 25% is more of a low average, high quality is 35%+ (not that that is particularly good).

A large part of Oculus aren't that different really, NPO, IRON and Umbrella are very good in that regard (90%, holy hell Umbrella!), but the others aren't so far above average.

3 hours ago, Mogar said:

You might be able to make the argument that you have been on the statistically smaller side of a war a few times, but to pretend like it was anywhere close to the statistical differences of the most recent wars is an awful attempt at rewriting history.

My primary point was that wars here are not 'fair'. Never were, never will be. Being that the populace of this world is seasoned by now, all should be aware of it by now. So  mentioning it like some big point is of limited effect.

On the point you raised, I am not sure how much it compares as I do not know neither the differences of the mentioned war of which I honestly have no idea what is (I do not fallow very closely things any longer) with some of the bad beats NPO went through (like so called karma etc.) so I couldn't really go into that. My point on that was you receive some, you dish some.

Also, I was just being a dick in general. This place is staaaaaaaaaaaaaale as $%&@. So I kicked some dirt around.

I mean NPO-NpO treaty thread, and 3 pages? We have to do better then that.

Edited by Branimir

If you want content, you need to involve Methrage, Lord Hitchcock, or Junka. Hopefully, on opposite sides so you don't have to actually post yourself. A good second-string is Margrave, Sir William, and Mogar.

Sadly, MI6 learned the lessons of the last war too well to serve in that capacity.

Many alliances don't have a mission, philosophy, or ideology to believe in, so it's no surprise that mediocrity prevails. If you don't have that fundamental motivating force, people won't make the effort to log in and do stuff, especially in 2016 [OOC]with so many newer free-to-play games out there[/OOC].

Edited by Immortan Junka

49 minutes ago, Duderonomy said:

A good second-string is Margrave, Sir William, and Mogar.

I would have to say that these are all pretty good posters.  Whether you agree with them or not, there is generally substance and some insight or point of view beyond the "no yu" or random insults.

On the point you raised, I am not sure how much it compares as I do not know neither the differences of the mentioned war of which I honestly have no idea what is (I do not fallow very closely things any longer) with some of the bad beats NPO went through (like so called karma etc.) so I couldn't really go into that. My point on that was you receive some, you dish some.

Agreed that "you win some and lose some", but the past few beat downs have been pretty excessive.  No, no -- I get that war is not fair, and everyone tries their hardest to win, but it has been pretty rare that wars are literally 50M NS to 2M NS (or whatever these last two have been). And yes, I remember when all of PB was arrayed against Kaskus -- difference was, that occurred after a few months of fighting when Kaskus just couldn't be put away.  That wasn't really the case in these last couple, which began, were carried out, and ended as massively arrayed forces arranged to smash a much smaller opponent.

1 hour ago, Branimir said:

My primary point was that wars here are not 'fair'. Never were, never will be. Being that the populace of this world is seasoned by now, all should be aware of it by now. So  mentioning it like some big point is of limited effect.

Also, I was just being a dick in general. This place is staaaaaaaaaaaaaale as $%&@. So I kicked some dirt around.

I mean NPO-NpO treaty thread, and 3 pages? We have to do better then that.

Most will end up as a curbstomp one way or the other, simply because one side will be able to bring in more allies than the other in total, and because the allies of the winning side are more likely to join in on optional treaties or when there are conflicting treaties.

The problem is, whoever is warring with Oculus will be curbstomped from the beginning, and no amount of allies will stop it from being a curbstomp, Oculus has more than a quarter of the games total strength, and when close allies are included and neutrals are excluded from the total they have over half of Bob's NS.

For Oculus to be defeated without splitting up they would all have to piss off their non-Oculus treaty partners, make enemies of every other alliance and then simultaneously declare on every neutral alliance, to which every other alliance would have to come to the defence of.

Even then, the outcome wouldn't be certain so long as all the Oculus AA's keep fighting.

41 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I just find it ridiculous that LH or Meth would be considered better !@#$posters than myself, I can at least make a coherent argument.

Coherent argrument, maybe. Broken record repetitiveness is your weakness.

Planet Bob politics is not a one-issue race.